|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||300 coins|
|Low alch||200 coins|
|Exchange||704 coins (info)|
|Examine||A plank of fine teak.|
Teak planks were a possible prize from the Squeal of Fortune; they could be won in quantities of 15 and 30 as common and uncommon prizes, respectively.
As mentioned in the opening paragraph, there are various ways to make logs into planks. This outlines the fastest way to do it.
- Teak logs (noted)
- Gold coins (equal to 500 times the number of logs; make sure to pay your servant from your bank, or bring extra coins)
- Tell your servant to "un-cert" (which means to "un-note") as many logs as they can (26 if using the Demon butler).
- When they come back with the logs, the option to "Send logs to Sawmill" should be clicked.
- The first time your servant comes back with planks, accept them. Your inventory should now be full.
- Right click your servant and choose "Fetch-from-bank" and then choose the top option (which is to repeat the last task).
- The second time your servant comes back, you won't have space for items anymore and your servant will hold onto them.
- Repeat step 4-5 until you are out of logs.
|Obtain method||Log cost||Sawmill cost||Servant cost||Total cost||Profit|
Around 4836 Teak logs may be converted into planks per hour using this method (186 loads), yielding a profit or loss of 164,424 per hour.
- Cost of teak log: 98.
- Cost to make teak plank via sawmill: 500.
- Teak plank sells for: 508.
- Profit: 175
- Profit/trip: 4,900
Via using Portable sawmills:
- Cost of teak log: 98.
- Cost to make teak plank via Portable sawmill: 450.
- Oak plank sells for: 704.
- Profit: 156
- Profit/inventory: 4,368
Use in Construction trainingEdit
Teak planks can be used for Construction training. Pieces of furniture between level 35 and 65 often require teak planks to be built. Teak often provides the cheapest Construction experience. However, the convenience of oak dungeon doors using 10 oak planks at once often outweighs the convenience of saving under 1gp per experience while using a maximum of 6 teak planks at a time.
If you have access to Prifddinas, you can easily make Teak Planks in the Ithell clan.
If teak planks are used, players usually make flatpacks of teak armchairs and then eventually, Carved Teak Magic wardrobes, which is a popular way of levelling Construction. Each teak plank is worth 90 Construction experience, so the maximum experience per inventory available is 2160 for 6 dining tables.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Armoured zombie||42; 46; 84; 86; 91||2||Uncommon|
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||2||Unknown|
|Rare drop table||N/A||45–55||Uncommon|
|Undead troll||77; 81; 86; 95||3||Rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||61.5%|