- For the miniquest, see The Lair of Tarn Razorlor.
|Main Music||Undead Dungeon|
|Strongest Monster||Terror dog and Mutant tarn|
|Quests||The Lair of Tarn Razorlor|
Click the map to view a larger version.
- The Haunted Mine quest is required to access Tarn's Lair.
- Requires the Salve Amulet to enter.
- Requires Level 40 Slayer, if you wish to fight with Tarn Razorlor.
TravelEditZealot (featured in the Haunted Mine quest), and enter the haunted mine, then travel north and enter the lair.
Referring back to the map please note the letters that identify the various doors and passages. The route that you need to follow is ( D-S-T-U. )
That means, by following the map, you go through the passage labeled (D,) then to the passage labeled ( S,) then through the ( T ) passage, and finally to ( U.) We'll go over the rest when you get there.
Before you go gallavanting off into this dangerous dungeon, there are things you need to know. This lair is very dangerous, guarded by various monsters and traps.
There are numerous traps, monsters and passages within the lair. Note: It is recommended that you have auto-retaliate OFF whilst in the lair, because after disabling a wall trap, you don't want to run back across the spikes straight into the trap again.
|Floor trap||You will be hit 70-80 life points if you run over a floor trap||They are fairly obvious, having a big X across the floor tile. Right-click and search floor to disarm the trap. Another simple alternative is to just carefully walk around them.|
|Wall trap||You will be hit 70-100 life points if you run past a wall trap||These are harder to see, but generally only occur in narrow passages, so check for them when you're in a narrow passage.|
|Log trap||You will be hit 150-200 life points by a log trap, and knocked to a level below.||Log traps only occur on jumps to pillars. There is sometimes (but not always) a right-click Search floor which will disable the log trap near one of the walls.|
|Receding walls||You will be pushed by the walls, and knocked to a level below.||Occurs sometimes on slim ledges. Just wait till the trap moves back into the walls and run past it.|
|Passage||N/A||Passages lead to new areas in the lair. Following the more ornate doors (especially with water-features) will eventually lead you to Tarn Razorlor.|
This is an ideal place to use Guthan's armour. If you don't own Guthan's set, then good melee armour, a weapon, good food and 1-2 prayer potions is recommended. Even if you do own Guthan's set, taking some food is a good idea because of the numerous traps within the lair.
From the entrance, travel as far east as you can and then north. It will cost 100 coins each time you use the bank. Some of the undead in the lair drop coins. If you have forgotten 100 coins it is possible to access your grand exchange collection box for free and get 100 coins from there. With the addition of Money pouches, 100 coins will automatically be taken from your pouch when you select the bank option.
- Tarn Razorlor - A twisted necromancer, he was once an ordinary man, liking ordinary things. His speciality is necromancy.
- Odovacar - The poor banker who was sent to the lair. He charges 100 coins every time you use his bank.
- With the release of Tarn Razorlor and his lair, all skeletons, ghosts, zombies and most undead creatures had a graphical update.
- There was previously a bug that prevented players from reaching Tarn's Chamber without the use of a slayer ring, this was caused by the fact that if a player attempts to jump to a pillar required to cross into the chamber they receive a message "I can't reach that!". Jagex had made a temporary solution to the problem by placing a portal between the two pillars. This bug has been fixed.
- Players used to be able to use a ring of slaying to teleport directly into the end of the maze just outside the boss chamber, regardless of whether or not the miniquest has already been completed.