What level do you need to wield this? 220.127.116.11 22:01, 11 April 2009 (UTC)
Why does this weapon have a -5 prayer bonus? I guess I could understand -1, considering all the unnatural magical materials attached to the crossbow. Maybe it was cursed by Bandos, but still, it is more unholy than a staff used by followers of Zaros (the biggest evil of all time) himself. Wrathanet 01:02, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Zaros being evil is not cause for negative prayer bonus. He's still a god, making his staff godly. It has -1 Prayer bonus because Zaros has virtually no influence in Gielinor now; your prayers won't go to him. When a different god sees you holding his staff, he'll disapprove and give you less prayer-iness. Similarly, Bandos hugely disapproves of that bow. And his influence is far greater than Zaros's - he still has plenty of followers and worshippers. He'll grumble at whoever your prayers go to until they sigh and give in. Resulting in less holiness on your part. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 01:09, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Plus - other gods may hate the staff, but being Zaros's staff it does still carry his blessing. No god has blessed the crossbow. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 01:13, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
In my opinion, not only is it not blessed by a god, it was used to slaughter a god's avatar. So that justifies the massive negative prayer bonus. Swordfishguy 19:28, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
Vimescarrot, I think that may have been the most amazing analasis of a tiny and completely unexplained matter I've ever seen. I never thought of it that way (no wonder the Zamorak things don't mess up your prayer, even though the symbol you can wear is actually called an unholy symbol). Wrathanet 00:30, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
the special may refer to the recent film defiance jok4444
I talked to Juna, and she told me that Zanik is an ememy of all gods because she denied her god, and since Bandos brought goblins to Gielinor that bandos owns them, and the goblins have no right to defy their god than my weapon does to attack me, and thats the jist of what she said.--Long Live Armadyl 23:35, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
God Wars DungeonEdit
Does this weapon work against Kree or any of the other generals in the god wars dungeon?
- You should really sign your posts. But, yes, it does - in fact, it works against any monster, always. The prayer/god equipment only applies when it is used against players.--18.104.22.168 07:14, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- Does this item serve as protection from bandos followers in the GWD ?
-_- Great. Well, GIMP adds transparency that way... to the whole image.. didn't think it would do that though >_< Any way for it to go to the top left? --08:39, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
You have to read better. I read this:
"The dark bow is one of five weapons in RuneScape with special attacks that change under certain circumstances, the other four being Zanik's crossbow, the dragon halberd, the penance trident, and Korasi's Sword."
Zanik's crossbow doesn't have two special attacks, it has a special attack that works different under other circumstances. It is not, however, a different special attack. Kwekko 10:18, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
Special attack Edit
The article says the crossbow's special attack 'deals increased damage (3-15) to players using Prayers and/or equipment marked by the gods'. However, the special attack also affects monsters, not just players. The monsters don't have to be using prayer or have god equipment. I think the extra damage is the same (3-15), since I can hit much higher with the special attack (up to 30) than I can with the normal attack. If this all can be confirmed, the article should be revised. Inelcirc 22:39, September 2, 2009 (UTC) Are you sure the monsters are not huge followers of any god? For example, demons? If the spec is really as the article says, then does it hit through protect missiles?Grate miming 14:59, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
2 Special attacks? Edit
Somewhere in wiki, it's said this weapon have 2 special attacks... What is 2nd one? (1st is "defiance" )
- What was meant was probably that you can use the weapon's special attack twice in succession. 22.214.171.124 02:14, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Zanik's crossbow doesn't have two special attacks, it has a special attack that works different under other circumstances. It is not, however, a different special attack. (I said this two topics above this one, but I repeat it to make sure everyone interested reads it) Kwekko 10:26, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
The article states that the special will hit more against people using prayers or wearing god equipment. Do these god items include blessed dragonhide and runite god equipment? Maybe a list of "god equipment" should be included in the article. Kwekko 10:14, February 26, 2011 (UTC)