Glow in the dark X
I've heard rumours that the X glows in the dark when the player is wearing it in a dark area, such as the Lumbridge Caves with a candle light source etc. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If so, anyone know if it's actually a feature of the cape and not some lighting effect gone wrong/bug or something? Thanks.
22.214.171.124 22:57, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Just tested this out in the Dorgeshuun Mines, using the illumination difference between a lit torch and a bullseye lantern. The "X" on the cape does not glow in the dark (i.e it's brightness scales with the illuminative power of your light source). Note, however, that the bloom lighting effect applies to the "X", which could explain how such a rumour originated.
Why was the max detail emote .gif replaced by a min detail one? I'm the one who made and posted the original .gif, and I'd like to know what to do differently next time to avoid unnecessary hassle. Was it because of it not having the PoH grass background? That is all.
- Yours had lighting detail and was in an area that could have been considered distracting. MolManVtrn cp (10 yr) 16:29, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- So... Is it a guideline on RuneScape Wiki that the less detail, the better? Or does it only pertain to (a) certain graphical effect(s)? As far as I've seen, most animated .gifs here have been in 100 % max detail, and it was never an issue. The background was pretty much only shades of grey and greyish blue (stone tiles and a stone fountain), which I personally feel is less distracting than a fluorescent green background.
- Do you not consider this nitpicking, and/or following unwritten guidelines to the word over common sense? =\
- --S3lvah (talk) 01:49, August 11, 2012 (UTC)