| All discussions of Treasure Trails guide articles belong on this page.
For discussions of the item Clue scroll, see Talk:Clue scroll.
Err, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm a wiki noob =P
I got a Level 2 clue:
"Cry in Catherby archery shop.
Bow or curtsey before you talk to me.
Equip a round red and black snelm,
a hard leather body and an
unblessed silver sickle."
I believe its new?
I believe from what I've read on the RuneScape forums, items needed for some Clue Scroll's are now slightly random (selected from a list of several items), I've also had something similar.
- TLKit 13:39, August 8, 2010 (UTC).
i found this:
its very similar to another one, is that snelm a blood'n'tar snelm btw? Pryon 18:02, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
I uploaded a picture and put it in Elite Clues, I am new to editing so if someone could fix it for me, it is the Melzars Maze compass clue, Daethman7
I found the following (easy) clue: "A crate found in the tower of a church is your next location." Couldn't find this one with ctrl+F while searching for "church" or "a crate found", so I suppose this one's not on the list. I don't know yet which place is meant... 220.127.116.11 14:57, April 19, 2015 (UTC) QueenOvNoobs
Since when did this page go so far downhill? It used to be as short and concise as possible. I think we should remove all of the superfluous information about how to obtain common items such as armor and just make it a wiki link if someone does not know where to get them. This will clean up this page a lot and lower the size of this page. It was already a big page to begin with without all of the unneeded and long-winded explanations that were added. If you support me making this article much shorter and more concise please post support below. Once I get a few I will go through the entire document and do some additional editing (I have already removed some of it). -Sardaukar857 18:14, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes please. (wszx) 20:47, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
I think Treasure Trails Guide and Full Treasure Trails Guide overlap a lot and information can be cut out, I suggest a page called Treasure Trails Guide (what to do when you get them, what coordinates mean, how to do puzzle boxes etc) and Treasure Trails Locations (coordinates, scans, puzzle solutions etc). I also think having scrambled and solved pictures for the puzzle boxes isn't necessary. PikachuMayhem 18:53, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Agree about overlap. Disagree about un/solved puzzle pictures. Not everyone already knows what they look like. We need to provide information for new people and not just veterans. Mamabear47 17:25, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
Not sure where this would be catagorized and can't find answer Edit
"The cheapes water for miles around, but they react badly to religious icons."
I am pretty sure this is Nardah but I don't know what to do there. I talked to almost every one there including water salesman, prayed at the shrine and searched boxes, crates, and bannana trees. Does anyone know what I need to do and where to put the answer?
Darth Paramecium 16:36, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Try the Bandit Camp. I'm not sure where their water would be, perhaps the bar, but they definitely react badly to religious icons, seeing how if you're wearing some sort of God item, they attack you. :P Urbancowgurl777 (talk) 16:37, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I just got that same answer on the RS forums, I was so focused on Nardah I didn't try to think of other posibilities. Does any one know what page the answer to this clue scroll should be. Darth Paramecium 16:45, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- The answer is already on this page. Maybe you typed it wrong when searching or something. :( 16:48, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
Compass location groups Edit
Is there any reason in particular why the compass locations are grouped into southwest, southeast, etc? I think it would be much more useful if grouped into runescape regions: Agarnia, kandarin, morytania, etc Henneyj 23:29, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
hihihihihihiihihihihiihihiihiihihiiihihihihihui wiki is awesome
18.104.22.168 17:50, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
Chart, sextant and watch absolutely required for coordinate clues? Edit
Would it work to just dig in the spot the coordinate is without having a watch, sextant and chart or are they absolutely needed else you can't get the next clue? Because, I'm digging at the exact same spot the person is shown in the picture in the guide, but it isn't working. XJoMan112x 00:05, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
You absolutely need them otherwise you won't find anything. Cortanakya 15:03, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
New coordinate Edit
I found a new coordinate: 15 degrees 48 minutes north, 13 degrees 52 minutes east
22.214.171.124 17:23, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
And another new coordinate :/
04 degrees 41 minutes north, 03 degrees 09 minutes west
126.96.36.199 23:30, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
I have a new one as well: 16 degrees 20 minutes north, 12 degrees 45 minutes east. I'm working on figuring mine out now. Dsctatom 22:38, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Another new one: 7,41 north 6,0 east. It's north of the windmill north of ardougne. Could someone add it to the locator? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 11:24, January 6, 2015 (UTC).
Handled mine. Yours is roughly where the old clue on top of Edgar's cave on Trollheim was. Dsctatom 22:58, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
I have the 27 paces on Mos Le'Harmless, and all the places that have pictures on here is not it :( could screen shots be taken for the rest of the locations that dont have pictures?
Neitiznot-Jatizso clue group? Edit
I do not see the Neitiznot/Jatizso clue group on the Compass page. Am I missing it? If wiki needs it, I'll add that I almost got my tail kicked because Another Fansite (*cough*) did not include the Jatizso northeast mine area on their list of possibilities.. Scroll reads "This scroll will work on the Fremennik Isles of Jatizso and Neitiznot. Orb scan range: 16 paces." >.> Pokemama 02:23, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
What if we can't equipt a certian item? Edit
What do we do if we arent a high enough level to equipt something, but it is required to equipt the item? what do we do?
- Start leveling. (: Urbancowgurl777 (talk) 16:44, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- but i hate ranging!!!! lol
Guthix wizards Edit
Some scans mention that Guthix wizards may attack, and some do not. Do some scans have the chance to trigger the wizards and some do not? I have removed instances of mentions of "No Guthix wizard" or "A Guthix wizard may attack" and "A Guthix wizard will attack", as clue trailers should be aware of them throughout any of these clues anyway. 19:28, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
Wrong Cooridinate? Edit
With the 00.20 S 23.15 E clue, i stood exactly where the guy in the pic stood, but i never got anything when i dug at that spot. Is that pic correct, or am i doing something wrong?08:44, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
There is a New Person to talk to on Clue Scroll help me figure out who this is please!!
P. AK MI
New Clue ScrollEdit
This Anagram receals who to speak to next:
P. AK MI
who is this please Help
184.108.40.206 19:36, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
- That's not "P. AK MI" that's "R. AK MI". The anagram is "Kamir" and he is the kebab seller in Al Kahrid. -- NO MERCY FOR THE NOOBMASSES 18:32, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
For this NPC, the guide states that the answer is 0 after Salt in the Wound, 11 before. However, I haven't yet done this quest and the answer is still 0. Presumably, it changes at some other point after another quest. Or this is a glitch. Egdcltd 16:30, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
Morytania Compass Edit
Hi all! I have a new Morytania Compass clue location, but it's a strange one. It's trying to send me into an area that there's absolutely no access for. I don't know if this is a glitch in the clue scroll, or whether I just don't know where it's really trying to send me. Here's a screenshot of the area it's trying to put me in:
I've tried from every angle, but I just can't get in there. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!--Darkdeath19 17:22, August 21, 2011 (UTC)Darkdeath19
- It was accessible before the graphical updates to Morytania. An oversight by Jagex. You should submit a bug report or post on the forums or something. 17:26, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- You're fabulous, thank you for the quick response and the help! I submitted a bug report immediately, so hopefully there's some response. In the meantime, this clue gets stashed in the bank. Thank you again! --Darkdeath19 17:31, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
Out of curiosity, how did one access the area before the graphics update rendered it inaccessible? --Darkdeath19 20:59, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
So I got a medium clue scroll from a guard and did a bunch of stuff then I got the coordanants that lead to south of taverly I stood in the exact same place as the guy I dug and it said nothing interesting happens I did that for 20 freaking minutes and still came up with nothing! Please help me someone! I really want to finish it.
- you need to have your sextant chart and watch with you otherwise you cant find the coordinate clues. --Henneyj 02:06, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Can't find 1 degrees 50 minutes north, 24 degrees, 0 minutes east. Can someone help?
- Doesn't look like we have it in the guide, so you may be on your own. Looks like its somewhere in lummy swamp. Is it a treasure trail clue or something else that uses coordinates? --Henneyj 01:08, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
I'm having trouble with the Cryptic clue in Witchaven. On the Fishing platform, in the specified shack, the crate where the next clue is supposed to be in is empty for me, and i have the clue scroll with me to let the crate have the next clue inside. I'm wondering if having Salt In The Wound unfinished is creating an instance where the crate remains empty?
The coordinates for Green Spider Island Edit
I've dug all around that area and have come up with nothing.
New clue (medium) mapEditAnyone know where this might be? I've looked and looked at the world map, and I cannot find where this building next to water might be. 21:35, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Chemist's house in Rimmington. I will rename the file accordingly. Also, please template your signature. 22:23, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
What it says on the title. The menu should stay open by default since it's the easiest way to navigate the page to the desired guide section.
East Karamja clue Edit
The clue at 01 degrees 18 minutes south, 14 degrees 15 minutes east (which is on the east side of karamja) has a Shaikahan prowling around the area. Anyone who runs to that area to dig is very likely to be attacked. Should it be considered a fight? --Lord Daedraconian (talk) 09:34, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
The "Table of Contents" part is missing from the article.
It had existed some month before (see in the previous versions).
It is hard to search for cryptics without it!
220.127.116.11 14:05, November 27, 2012 (UTC)
- The ToC is working perfectly fine. Please check your connection, or try reloading the page, as it appears after the page has fully loaded. Hope it helps. --Alchez 14:10, November 27, 2012 (UTC)
They say "The deletion and move log for this page are provided here for convenience:
02:57, March 9, 2012 RSW image renamer (Talk | contribs) moved File:Coordinate clue 06.11S 15.07E.PNG to File:Coordinate clue 06.11S 15.07E.png ((Semi-automated) Move requested by Hofmic (talk): Oh, god, I did that again?) (revert)"
Compass - Seer's village Edit
None of the pictures are at this location, and the one that is missing is "At the centre of Seer's Village". I'm pretty sure that location isn't the center, so what should I call the location?--Jlun2 (talk) 09:43, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
update since the nexus was put in the lumby swamp: (00.30N,24.16E) is now (00.50N,24.16E)
needs a new picture and such, it is five steps north of Ysondria, two steps west. wish i had the ability to add a photo of location and such, but i can't, sorry. good luck whoever is a better wiki editor than i! 18.104.22.168 05:47, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
Emote clue not workingEdit
I reread the clue so many times yet when I do the emote "Panic" it doesn't work. The clue:
"Panic by the pilot on White Wolf Mountain.
Beware of double agents!
Equip mithril platelegs, a ring of life, and a rune hatchet."
I really don't understand why it's not working. I'm equiping the platelegs, ring, and hatchet, but its not doing anything when I panic. I'm at the right mountain because I checked the map and took the gnome glider there (so I'm standing next to the pilot). Is there something I'm doing wrong.
02:19, June 17, 2013 (UTC)Unmocked
- Maybe you're not standing in the right spot? Urbancowgurl777 (talk) 02:20, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I had this clue yesterday and it worked fine for me. I always stand 1 square north of the gnome pilot. IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:48, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- This worked for me like a charm standing only one square north. Thanks so much!
- 126.96.36.199 14:14, June 17, 2013 (UTC)Unmocked
Please edit the image for 00 deg., 50 min. north, 24 deg., 16 min. eastEdit
The current pic for:
00 degrees, 50 minutes north
24 degrees, 16 minutes east (For me, it was "15 minutes east," regardless of how in the clue it said 16 degrees east.")
I think it's outdated, and I had problems looking for it myself using the current pic that's with it in the wiki. So I made my own:
Dont know where to post this but:
Just got a elite scroll with the coordinates: 23 degrees 48 minutes north 11 degrees 43 minutes west
Its located in the western part of lunar isle. (I dont know if there will be a battle though, since I still need to start lunar diplomacy) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 20:29, July 15, 2014 (UTC).
I'm doing a Med scroll...panic by the mausoleum...got the req. stuff..not working!!
184.108.40.206 05:13, August 9, 2014 (UTC)
New Coords (11/17/2014)Edit
03 degrees 3 minutes south, 05 degrees 3 minutes east Gan700 18:55, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
Error in image 50n 24,16EEdit
Error in image 50n 24,16E
The player in this image is standing a square too far West, maybe 2. Just did it with a sextant. I can't give a better image though I did take a screenie if anyone wants to see whaere it should be.
00:48, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
Hi guys. Regarding TT, I am currently on a hard trail. So, I've completed the puzzle box Zenesha gave me but upon completion I went and talk to her. She doesn't acknowledge that I've completed the puzzle box and instead offers to sell me armour. I don't know what to do and if I log out the puzzle box will reset. Help anyone? 220.127.116.11 04:18, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
New Map Clue?EditNew Map Clue?
I do not know the answer to this, I was hoping you guys could help me with it? I haven't seen it on your website and would like the help. I got this in an EASY Clue scroll that I just got. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by First Tym PK (talk) on 1:49, May 31, 2015.
- The user uploaded this image: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150531014631/runescape/images/archive/a/a9/20150531015221!Clue_scroll.png, but it was reverted as they replaced an existing image. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:47, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
Zamorak Wizards remaining that are confirmedEdit
- 03 degrees 03 minutes south, 05 degrees 3 minutes east
- 02 degrees 46 minutes north, 29 degrees 11 minutes east
- 07 degrees 22 minutes north, 14 degrees 15 minutes east
- 09 degrees 22 minutes north, 02 degrees 24 minutes west
Lord Iorwerth cryptic after Plague's End?Edit
Is there any confirmation as to whether the "There is no worthier lord" clue is still doable after Plague's End? Like for instance, would it direct you to speak to Iestin Edern instead since he becomes the new Lord Iorwerth? Cheers. -- Chilled Socks 22:14, December 16, 2016 (UTC)
I'm was trying to edit the location of one of the clues that are a bit off, here is a picture of the new location if someone else can do it for me . —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zeyf (talk).
- I went ahead and added it to the guide, thanks for the image :) In future it would be helpful if you say what kind of clue you got when submitting - I assumed this was a compass clue since there are no scans in the area, I hope that's right? 09:11, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
New Duel Arena Clue locationEdit
Hi, so as of today's update, the new duel arena coordinates are 02 degrees 33 minutes north, 28 degrees 45 minutes east.
Here's the new location.
22.214.171.124 11:33, January 23, 2017 (UTC) Vojd
Duel Arena new coordinate Edit
02 degrees 33 minutes north 28 degrees 45 minutes east
- I've moved this to the proper place in the discussion (seriously, how do you expect to get an answer if you bury your message in the middle of the page?), and removed the image link. Thank you, but we already have the new coordinate image, and you shouldn't upload an image purely for use on a talk page. So I have removed it. 18:59, March 18, 2017 (UTC)
Can someone add that you can teleport to Braindead island with Hoardstalker_ring to this clue: "You will need to wash the old ash off your spade when you dig here, but the only water nearby is stagnant." Thank you, 126.96.36.199 13:31, September 13, 2017 (UTC)
New Teleport option for 0 50 N by 24 16 E Edit
New simple clueEdit
I found a new simple clue: https://imgur.com/a/phxvE
Print for the location: https://imgur.com/a/GgFiq