With 65 Ranged, I defeated the demon with 30 diamon bolts (only fired 20 of them, and got 14 back off the ground!) and a rune C'bow, while wearing torags and protect from magic prayer, the way its worded in the article, I'd of though it impossible to do with just that (I had more ammo with me, but didn't need any of it), so I'd like to suggest that somebody more skilled in wiki editing than myself reword it to make the demon seem less.. "menacing" and more like it really is. 184.108.40.206 07:13, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
i did whole castle in black d'hide and whip, i used 3 sharks and i did it easy on a lvl 110 so i dont think there is a MUST for extreme good defence armour, did any 1 make it like me?220.127.116.11 17:19, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
It is not needed to kill all barrows brothers for this quest; i got the barrows icon by only killing Karil (in the tunnel, not the chest), and a few skeletons at the door.
This is true, I only killed Ahrim and Dharock, and a few rats. It's only necessary to get to the chest in the middle.
I had a different experience, I killed Dharock in his crypt then Karil at the chest, and didn't get the icon. It wasn't on the ground, wasn't in my inventory, nothing. Is this a glitch or did I do something wrong? Soy the Stig 21:04, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Azzanadra said that you should kill all of the barrows brothers so there would be no-one to protect the icon. 21:11, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Well some of my friends have had a mix of both of the listed happenings. Based on this, maybe there's an unannounced objective that you have to kill random amount/selection of one of the Barrows Brothers which you must kill.. --03:50, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
It just means you have more chance to get it if you kill more brothers.--Dylandeklerk 12:56, December 7, 2009 (UTC)Shadesleer 13:15, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Nah, I think it's an Obby shield. I hope I'm wrong. --Darth Stefan (Talk) 13:33, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Yup, it's an obsidian shield and I think it's a man with long white hair, but anyway... oh, and is it me or that person seems to be wearing Zamorak Vestment top and bottom?
P.S. Those ancient curses could be so useful for barrows, Fight caves, pvp and so many other stuff ... P.P.S. 1 level till deflect melee, just gotta do the quest and train a little . 14:16, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
4 parts to this quest series in a year? Does it seem like they're rushing this in order to have this story line merge with another in the future? 18.104.22.168 15:00, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, the 2 newests additions to the mahjjarat quest series is rather quick, compared to the Cave Goblin quests and the Fairy Queen Series.. Is it possible that maybe they are rushing this to bring upon new expositions like Acheron or the upcomings of the North's Ritual?
--03:59, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
Reward Info Edit
Do the combat experience lamps apply to summoning? -- k thx bye - Evil Borg2 15:43, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Yes, they can be used for summoning. --Iavirissa 15:45, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Nabanik/ Robotnik Edit
Has Jagex said that Nabanik is a pun on Robotnik? Otherwise I dont think that just because they end in 'ik', it should be on the trivia page that it is. --Iavirissa 15:45, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Ice Demon Edit
I found stab attacks to be most effective, since I brought my Zamorakian spear to fight the Waterfiends. I'd appreciate some more input before I add that to the article. Also, I didn't notice any attacks besides magic ones being used on me by the demon; there was only a magic attack and freeze spell as far as I can tell. Again, I'll wait before adding that to see if others agree. Penderwyll 17:01, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
The icefiends are immune to water based magic attacks, and the demon does used a ranged attack.
Ghorrock Fortress Edit
I returned there after the quest on Azzandra's advice and found the inside to be thawed out. There are no ice blocks but many Icefiends on the upper floor and many Waterfiends on the lower floor. On the upper floor is also a heat orb which was previously frozen in a block near the Ice Demon. A mysterious force prevents using the orb on the pedestals, I've tried them all, and the orb can't be taken outside. Any ideas on what it's for?
one of my clan mates said something about the monsters changing from waterfiends to icefiends (and back), depending on the temperature (wheater or not there is an orb present); i cannot confirm this it true though Gaitman 00:02, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
Having completed the quest, I can confirm that yes, the waterfiends change to level 137 icefiends when an orb is removed from a nearby pedestal. Pyre_Eternes
That's true but when you return after the quest there are Icefiends on one floor and Waterfiends on the other so there is no need to change them. There is still a heat orb on the floor in there but using it on the pedestals gives the message something along the lines of "A mysterious force stops you". The orb is also removed from your inventory if you go back up to the surface. Still no idea what use it has.
Orb Puzzle Edit
We need more information on the Orb Puzzle. At the moment it just makes no sense;
Climb down the trap door into the first level of the dungeon. Here is the puzzle area, where you must melt some of the ice so that you can continue through the dungeon.
Once you get the orb with the fragment attached you must run outside and onto the building and put that orb onto the broken pedestal.
Then push it down the hole and run back down. Once you have returned to the lower dungeon through the second trap door, head down the eastern path until you reach a western turn.
At that intersection is an unmarked pipe which you should use an orb on. The pipe will be too small and the orb will get stuck, so use your hammer on the pipe and you will hit the orb through, right onto the awaiting pedestal."
More info, pl0x!18:40, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I`ll try to format it better as far as I remember, though I`m a bit sketchy on the details before hammering the pipe (hence why I didn`t include that). Cheers, --Penderwyll 19:29, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I've done it, no worries. 19:29, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
You don't have to take the orbs with you when you leave the underground area- in fact, all orbs I had in my inv when I left the underground section disappeared, if I remember correctly. It's much easier just to leave them in their pedestals, then they'll be there ready when you go back down. Phoenix316 10:58, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
This part of the guide is still highly unclear. ATM I'm stuck at step 4: "The pipe appears as small tunnel on the minimap but is NOT marked in red, as is usual for openings. Use the orb on it and it will get stuck" => I have no orb in my inv at this point... Patheticcockroach(Talk) 21:30, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- @Phoenix316 - I found it much easier to take the orbs with me, the orb puzzles reset themselves entirely and I had to repeat the entire process again when I did the quest. Must've been a bug, but that was my way around it either way. 14:00, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Could anyone add the new steel and iron dragons to those respectively articles? Edit
Steel and iron dragons new spots haven't been added yet - I can't add it as I haven't finished the quest. Can anyone? --20:38, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Cb reward lamp Edit
I can confirm that it does NOT give pray xp, that or I read everything wrong twice --22:23, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
this is true, i read them back a few times to find the prayer option, it isn't there
Third time confirmed. This is true.23:00, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Anti fire pot Edit
Earlier when I was doing this quest with my friend, I entered the area with iron drags after taking a sip of the pot. I was hit a 32, although I don't know if this was because I was wearing d hide or not. My defence level is 85 btw. Just thought that might be helpful. --23:16, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- could be an unintended glitch lol 01:58, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
Barrows equipment is gonna drop in price after this as if the article is correct you don't loose prayer points whilst competing in it any more, making another "hard" aspect of the game a lot easier.
01:59, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- I've just made a trip to the barrows. Apparently my prayer still drains while being in
- I think it means that the Brothers won't drain your pray anymore, like when their faces pop up on the screen and they drain 10 points or whatever. I don't think it's talking about just losing prayer while keeping one on in general. 03:12, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm. I just finished 2 trips of Barrows. My prayer drained while being in the crypt as well as in the dungeon. My prayer drains when the faces of the brothers' pop up. It seems that there is no difference before and after the quest. 22.214.171.124 03:25, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- I just ran down quickly and did a partial run, my prayer was still trained 10 points when the brothers' faces popped up as well. The rumour is false unless I'm doing something wrong. Cheers, Penderwyll 03:35, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- So im guessing that the original reward listed was false? Because from what everyone is saying and what I've seen there is still a prayer drain while in the crypt, and when the faces pop up on the screen. So False it is... 04:12, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Telegrab Runes Edit
Where did you find the runes? I've searched all the crates but have only found the hammer.Shinray1kuo 09:26, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- In the crate where you find the higher level waterfiend Buzz (Talk • # • √ • P ) 16:22, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- I have searched all of the crates and still have not found them. And the Waterfiend does not come out of a crate. He melts from ice. Maybe you can find them later on, but you at least need some to start out with. .
- If it is the same place for everyone, I found some in a crate that was exposed after releasing a waterfiend, lower level, west side heading south.--Degenret01 09:11, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
First of all, you need to talk to Dr. Nabanik about the earlier adventurers. Choose all the options: "I need the runes!" and stuff. After the conversation, there is a crate with the runes in it. Buzz (Talk • # • √ • P ) 12:05, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- I exhausted all conversation options, but originally had one law and one air rune in my inventory. Even dropping them, I was unable to locate the "I need the runes!" option. However, it may be similar to Nabanik's qualifications, in that now you no longer need to select that conversation option. I'll see after progressing further in the quest. Alaisiaga 21:11, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
- And, despite not finding that conversation option, I was able to loot the runes. Should the whole "I need the runes!" part be removed to avoid confusion since it is no longer part of the quest? Alaisiaga 22:38, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Telegrabbing on Lunars Edit
I was on Lunars for this quest, because I wanted to Spellbook Swap to Ghorrock Teleport, and also switch to Telekenetic Grab - however, as long as you right click on the pedestal and select 'Telegrab Globe' with the right runes, I was able to cast Telekenetic Grab without having to use Spellbook Swap. I want someone else to confirm this before I edit anything though, so has anyone else tried this? Its Alex Pan 05:27, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Other fansite quest guides Edit
Other sites listed here (on talk pages) as resources:
- to make this guide more comprehensive
- to improve quality of our information
- to check that nothing here has been copied outright from other sites - RuneScape:Copyrights
- for new quests, to see when and which sites have their guides up; if this info is timely
In Alexa order (forums have early draft guides):
forum (registration required) - http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showforum=8
http://www.rsbandb.com/(No official guide section)
4 other guides up --
- http://runevillage.com/rs2Quests/quest2TheTempleAtSenntisten.php Chrislee33 09:01, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- http://informer.rsbandb.com/article/2009/12/2743/the-temple-at-senntisten.htm Chrislee33 07:45, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
Mapbuilding project nominationEdit
Mapbuilding project nomination. The Ghorrock fortress Dungeon and orb puzzle subsection needs two maps for each of the dungeon floors similiar to
http://www.zybez.net/quest.aspx?id=170 http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=212 Chrislee33 21:49, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Removing nomination. Thanks Inelcirc, that was the fastest response to adding a map. 30 seconds before i added the mapnom template!!! LOL Chrislee33 21:57, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
It only says you need lvl 50 prayer, but practically this is not true.
Wouldn't it better or more informative if we would ad another sub-set to the requirements box, listen the practically required, like atleast lvl 53 thieving (form the Deasert Treasure).
Once you start doing that it will be much more helpful 'planning' for the quest(s), and also once you start it it's also easier to keep it going (for future quests).Leon Art 22:04, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
Why Are The Quest Requirements Repeated? Edit
For the quest required to do the quest it shows for example the Temple of Ikov and Priest in Peril Twice but why.
What other reason is there? Should I delete the extras? It can be kind of confusing :/ I counted 41 quests and got depressed, but realized I only needed 13.
- It shows them twice because those quests are requirements for the quests that are requirements for this quest. O_o It's fine as it is. (: 18:42, March 23, 2011 (UTC)
It recommends the ancient magic and lunar tele spell near the fortress.... but how is that possible if you need telekenetic grab?? Fix that :)
- There is a right click option on the orbs for telegrab, all you need are the runes required (an air and law rune). For telegrabbing the orbs, it doesn't matter what spellbook you're on. It's kinda weird. Trust me, I did the quest while on Ancients.
- S T Y G 01:13, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Lol? As of April 4 Edit
Def req is 0?
Note in quest Edit
The last part of the trivia is false as Azzanadra clearly states that one of his brothers had ordered the assassin to do get the relic. I would like a double check on this as I may have misread it.
Note: Due to a recent update, the Barrows Brothers have increased in difficulty
That message in the quest guide is useless, barrows havent increased their difficulty, they just changed the combat, but not their stats.
It was confirmed by jagex:
Why did you increase the combat levels of the brothers?
Mod Mark: We commissioned a project some time ago to update the combat levels of several NPCs in the game to reflect their actual combat potential. The NPCs in question, which include several of the barrows brothers, haven’t changed at all in terms of damage output or combat effectiveness, they just have a “fake” combat level. Things like the barrows brothers are actually quite tough to fight compared to normal monsters. Think of their old stats a bit like pures stats I guess – a pure might look like they are weak if all you do is look at the combat level, but often their ability to do damage is, in comparison, akin to a much higher leveled player. Combat level does not take into effect things like equipment bonuses and special attacks etc. So all we have done here is give them a number that better reflects their ability to pwn j00 do damage.
126.96.36.199 16:57, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
SoF spin reward image?Edit
I finished the quest and got a screenshot of the new reward with the SoF spins. However, since there are so many rewards, the box actually scrolls, making it impossible to show all rewards at once. Should I leave the current image, or upload the replacement screenshot I took showing the two spins instead of the first line of "2 Quest Points"? Alaisiaga 23:17, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
In the trivia, it is stated that this quest is the first where Zaros's chathead appeared, but I do believe I remember seeing that same face (nostrils and all) at the end of the Desert Treasure quest, when Azzanadra communed with him then.
188.8.131.52 05:00, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Catching the relic. Edit
I completed this quest earlier today with 96 agility and when the Assassain gave the relic to me it said that I was so fast I antisipated his move and snatched it from him before he even throw it and I was wondering what happens at other agility levels such as 99 and lower.
EDIT: It seems like it's either you do what I did or "catch it gracefully", still I can't find any level 99 records.