The current rewards. Are those including or excluding the double xp event?
That's without, the bonus is 200k combat lamp, 100k magic and 60k agility
Hawt DAMN! Very nice!
sgs on crush worked well. Vine whip wasn't that good. Uffa 64 22:29, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
Is the Fight Pits early portion of the quest a "safe" area like the kiln later on?
The Fight Pits are "safe". If you die you appear on the main plaza, and can ask to jump into the Pits again.
I doubt it will stack with the bonus event.....I also hope it does not considering I already did the quest and used the early bird book.
Hey, I had to fight two Mej in the last wave, not one.
Gormagon 19:11, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Was this a glitch? In wave 7 I ran around the kiln looking for the guys, I killed a Mej in the....west middle corner? Then I found all the others in the south east section, and there was another Mej. The guide says one Mej in wave seven. Perhaps I am mistaken but I am not sure. Perhaps he was lef tover from wave 6 but I dont think so, I remember fighting two Mej before. Although I was kind of stressed out. Gormagon 16:28, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
Lamp & Book Edit
Both the lamp and the early bird bonus book cannot be banked. Just a little warning. TehPockyPanda 02:07, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
ENJOYING THE REWARDSEdit
The need to weild a rune pickaxe also implies an attack requirement of 40. Should this be put on the main page? JackaNeeb 11:43, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if it needs to be wielded. Nex 00:11, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- If I attack the monster with an iron pickaxe equipped and rune in the inventory, it doesn't work. If I "use" the rune pickaxe on the monster, nothing happens either. JackaNeeb 15:46, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
You need runes and that doesn't show in the required items table. That is quite foolish. Revision is required. Also it might help that there should be a warning to be off ancient magicks.
- Runes aren't needed, they're provided.Nex 00:11, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Runes are not needed, nor are inventory spaces for runes. It seems the mage provides them, and opens an interface with the bolt, blast, and wave spells for fire and water. all one needs to do is click on the spell to cast it too.
What does "camp them to death" mean?Edit
At 16:17, 15 February 2012, editor 18.104.22.168 made only one edit in (→Strategy: other strategie): You can also "camp them to death" via using excalibur extrem and save spotting the last enemy. What does "camp them to death" mean.
Is it possible to bring a dwarven multi-cannon?
South-East Barricade vs. North-West Barricade Edit
The strategy section for the final waves was worked primarily with the south-east corner in mind If you wish to write separate section on the north-west barricade, then write a separate section for it. The portion fo this article dealing with barricade use for the final waves makes many references to the specific location being in the south-east with all mentions referencing that location. Yes, I know there is likely a barricade in the north-west, but that is no reason to edit the strategy section written specifically about the south-east section. Many of the points in the list mention the south-east section. Do not change south-east to north-west, that portion of the article already also mkentions the existance of a north-west barrier. Stop changing south-east to north-west.
-Orision, the guy who first cleaned up that horridly messy strategy section
Seriously, second time now. Stop changing the article without discussing here first. There are TWO such barriers. I know of one in the south-east, and many claim there is one in the north-west as well, so there likely is. The article is written primarily with the south-east lcoation in mind, and already mentions the north-west location. DO NOT EDIT THE ARTICLE UNTIL A CONSENSUS IS FIRST REACHED HERE.
- Could you upload pictures onto imgur or imageshack and post it here, of these barriers? Usually visual references help a lot. Thanks. Hair 03:20, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I am so bloody busy with my new job, but over the long weekend I can probably wrestle some time away from other things and go try the elder kiln fights again... as I recal, it was quite tough when I was level 83 or so, and only by using that corner did I finally manage to win (after several deaths). I'll try and get a picture of the spot in the south-east and the north-west. I suppose I might have missed that I needed to re-align my compass or something, I doubt it, but it could be possible. Yes, definitely this weekend!
- -Orision, who should really register for this site instead of posting "anonymously"
- >.< *ahem* uhh... so, the compass rotates you say? *^_^ hadn't noticed that b4... got a coupla screen shots I'll post and I'll edit the section to say North-West. Looks I was wrong, sorry. And thanks for mentioning it here! I uh... was testing whether or not anyone would catch that error... yes, that's it... >_>
- - The unsigning Orision
Ending and future of tok'haar Edit
Is it me or does the ending of this quest imply there will be some sort of follow-up in the future? I know there is no official announcement by Jagex to suggest this but there is implied scheming at the conclusion of the final cutscene that ends with TokHaar-Hok saying, "...something must be done". Futhermore, the resolution of the initial conflict in Elder Kiln has shed light on new conflicts that leave many possibilities for future plotlines (Social instability in TzHaar society, TzHaar/TokHaar skirmishing, etc.)
Just a though I had to get out
22.214.171.124 06:45, August 16, 2012 (UTC)platypus ninja