I've nocticed something recentlly - the beast is unable to walk over the fire pits/holes in the 1st/2nd rooms, this means if the beast starts in the right place for the 1st room you can cut roots without much fear as he will try to get closer before attacking and take ages to do it, it also means if he is trapped correctlly in the second room you have little to fear when the core comes out as it is easly avoidable, he also dosn't seem to attack if a hole is in the way. - worth adding? 126.96.36.199 21:48, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
FFS, people, quit using shorthand! I tried to fix some player-slang mistakes (like ea for each, xp for experience), and I got FOUR edit conflicts. I see that it's been corrected now, but still. --Stinkowing (BADGE BADGERS)
- Cool it Stink. Most of them are new to editing, and in the excitement of the quest, forget to follow basic editing guidelines. The more experienced editors should help out by correcting these mistakes, rather than screaming "Quit using shorthand!". My two cents. No offense to you, Stink. 14:12, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
err buying albino rat pouches on ge max price and also do you need 55 prayer to do the quest because i only have 50....
- You may not buy or sell items through the wiki. And I'm pretty sure that 55 prayer is required. Also, I'm just frustrated yet again by what's been going on today at school, so sorry about the lashing out at newbs. --Stinkowing (BADGE BADGERS)
Elixirs for the shields Edit
Anyone have any ideas? Some people are calling it the 'draconic visage' of Revenants. Sir Revan125 15:04, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
i think now the elixirs that go with the spirit shield to "upgrade" it are going to be a very rare drop from the revenants... or there could be a minigame based on the quest with them as a very high price... the prices on the ge for the high leveled shields are worth the try to go and kill revenants if they do drop it... God Of War 16:04, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Albino rat pouch Edit
I'm speculating here because I haven't reached this part yet, but the article already says "Any Blue charm pouch". It would be in the players interest to make the highest possible blue charm pouch that has a negligible seconds cost. For example, I might choose the Karamthulhu overlord pouch (Glass fish bowl) or the Spirit jelly (a jug of water) This strategy would waste less of the players valuable blue charms by turning them into more experience.188.8.131.52 15:33, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
I am HATING this quest :/ I CANNOT lure it? Is albino the only one that really works? Vynergy 15:58, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Sorry i wasnt aware of that rule and what i ment by do you need 55 prayer is that will boosts work and for what part of the quest do you need it?
I can't seem the lure the effing Spirit beast either. The mine doesn't seem to be in its wandering radius; every time I stand near it, it ignores me. I used an Iron minotaur, if that helps. Is the Albino rat really the only one that works?00:42, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
You can indeed use any blue charm based summoning pouch. I used Karamthulu overlord pouches. Recive 13:39, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
right, use a minotour pouch cus beasst sees it easily. get close to the beast but not too close and run to cave wen its following u
and as for the 55 prayer thing, u need it for the last room were u bless the graves. boosts will not work im afraid21:28, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Reward scroll picEdit
Protection Prayers? Edit
Do any of the protection prayers work against the beast when it is attacking? It would be useful if the walkthrough noted this one way or the other. John.m.astell 20:11, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
I have 3 questions:
1. What protection prayer could/should i use? 2. Is it possible to teleport out after one room is complete? 2. Why the requirement for 55 prayer (just curious)?
I would be grateful for the answers, Thank you in advance.
- 1. None of 'em seemed to work during the quest.
- 2. Yes, or you could just walk out
- 3. To bless the graves, I suppose. Sir Revan125 22:31, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Thank you so much, Sir Revan, i will try it right away (or at least in the morning as it's night here)
Not a problem. ;) Sir Revan125 23:10, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Other fansite quest guides Edit
Other sites listed here (on talk pages) as resources:
- to make this guide more comprehensive
- to improve quality of our information
- to check that nothing here has been copied outright from other sites - RuneScape:Copyrights
- for new quests, to see when and which sites have their guides up; if this info is timely
In Alexa order (forums have early draft guides):
- forum (registration required) - http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showforum=8
- http://www.rsbandb.com/ (No official guide section)
- forum - http://runevillage.net/ThePub/
4 guides up the first day...
- http://www.runevillage.com/ThePub/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=427499 . Chrislee33 04:57, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
- http://runevillage.com/rs2Quests/quest2Summers_End.php . Chrislee33 02:26, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
1 more forum guide...
- http://www.runecrypt.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59671 . Chrislee33 06:18, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
what i ment before Edit
- I'm pretty sure you must have level 55 prayer, not just 55 prayer points. Using the Oo'glog spa or an ancient mace to boost your prayer points doesn't work. If it does - it shouldn't, in my opinion. Even if it does, the moment yoou bless one grave, correctly or not, you would lose around 17 prayer points and be unable to bless another until you boost your prayer again. So, its better to just get the extra five levels be done with it.
- If you have 50 prayer, could you try? Thanks in advance 21:05, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
ok ill try its possible a boost may work because you dont need the prayer level to start the quest and a boost worked in defender of varrock for smithing!(sacred forge part) It doesn't work- gave it a try at level 52- I leveled to 56/52 using an ancient mace, but got the "You need a prayer level of 55 Message" --21:25, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
I just can't find a way to get the last 5 cursed willow logs to lit the last pyre(i got killed after the 2nd pyre before i could lit the logs)...anyone here have an idea of what to do? The Beast's attacks just get faster than my woodcutting! Please somebody answer me, what do I do to chop the last 5 cursed logs? I get killed more and more and more....etc....times!--06:47, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- Use the highest level axe you can (I wouldn't recommend dragon though, unless that's all you carry and you use a ring of life incase); get a higher woodcutting level; keep running aroud; use high level food (sharks or above). Thats the best I can come up with, sorry. 14:27, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks! it helped me alot, but the food i've used was monkfish lol. But i've completed the quest with your advices! thanks!20:15, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
I know you have finished now, but another way to get this part done is to chop the roots while the beast is under attack from the spirit, that should give you enough time to gather 3-5 roots depending on your woodcutting level and axe. ~wylsey~
you can trap it but it was a long time ago i did the quest so i forgot-madmanstev0-184.108.40.206 10:43, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
I highly recommend dragon, because i'm up to this part (but got killed) and your gravestone will always end up under Summer's spirit. If you respawn in Edgeville or Varrock, this gives you plenty of time to get to your gravestone and pick up your lost items. Don't be afraid to die (sometimes). Bring the best hatchet that you possess if you're positive that you can make it to your gravestone in time. 220.127.116.11 15:08, July 14, 2011 (UTC)Fireman135
Really that hard? Edit
It states on the article page that it is one of the hardest quests out there, but really, it is short and the beast for all its trying doesn't really hit that hard or accurately. It states there is a high probability of dying, but I am only level 75 without summoning and managed the quest quite easily without ever getting below half hitpoints (i am only 70hp btw).
This quest disapointed me, it had been so built up as being hard and ended up being short and relatively easy, compared to quests like Contact, the final battles of Recipe For Disaster and Mourning's Ends Part 2 this quest was not a challenge, I personally do not believe it warrants being placed into the same difficulty tier as the quests i just mentioned.
That being said, I love the Spirit Shield reward from it, it looks cool and as a ranger it gives me nice defence while not restricting my range ability. ~wylsey~ —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 00:06, April 21, 2009.
- It all depends on your method and your luck. Everyone I've spoken to about this quest seems surprised that I did it without dying, and how easy I found it. One of my friends died many many times during it, and he was combat level ~120+, whereas I did it at barely 100. And now you've done it easily at level 75 - its down to tactics for this quest, not combat level/skills, since the beast is fought indirectly (of course higher Hitpoints helps).
- And yes, the spirit shield is great, but the corporeal beast is too stong for me! Remember to sign your comments with ~~~~. 14:51, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- 2 deaths during an attempt on the pyres so far and not got one done. I'm level 99 woodcutting and 95 hitpoints. This quest is more about judgement and ability than statistics as the hits can be far higher than the max heals. Add to that the uselessness of both prayer and armour, yes this is tough. I didn't die on MEP2 or RFD...
Did the first bit ok though :P King Runite1 19:37, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
all this quest is the timeing if you got a lagg free web and the timeing skills you can do it no hits.it helps if you trap it to -madmanstev0- 22.214.171.124 10:36, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
I too believe the difficulty of this quest is exaggerated. The Spirit Beast certainly has the capability to beat you down in a hurry, but completely dodging its attacks is as simple as running in a circle around the room. Got problems with run? Use the salt water spring at Oo'glog and those problems go away (this is what I did before each phase of the fight). I did this quest without dying once, although I did get hit a couple times, and thought it would be both longer and more difficult than it was. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 08:34, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
When they say it's hard, they probably mean it's really easy to die a lot. I died about 10 or 15 times and completed it in less than 3 hours without eating food even once. I even walked in some parts while dodging attacks and didn't have to use a spirit terrorbird at all. T'was pretty easy, actually, they make it all up to make sure people understand how hard it is to complete it without dying at least once. Jampolo 04:29, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
1st room question Edit
What happens in this case "You light the fire, you get hit to 0 hp, you see part of the cut sean, then you tele to respawn point"? Mathwiz908 01:28, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- it depends if that's the final pyre or the first/second, and I think the beast won't hit you at the time you are done lighting the pyre anyway, I never got hit after lighting the pyre...anyway, if you die after doing damage to the beast, it's damage will stay as it is, but you gotta cut/light more logs if the beast still didn't take enough damage to change rooms. 02:36, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
HOW DO I GET BACK TO SPIRIT WORLD! Edit
I died when cutting. and the ring was not on my grave! and i need to operate that ring to get into the spirit world!
- Sigh its at the farm from summers end look in the rubble its in it -.- or look on the ring's page 19:25, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
I meant to take a photo of the cave entrance before I collapsed it.. but got carried away. Next person in please take one! (Reason - there are other cave entrances nearby.) Rich Farmbrough, 22:37 10 June 2010 (GMT).
- Oolog spa, Redemption, Regen bracelet, Sara brew before entering, rocktails, phoenix necklace, ring of life, beast of burden with more food. After death RoL grab a games necklace from Lumby and recover equipment, back to Edge, top up prayer, supplies etc.
Average cost per trip 20-30k. Prep time, 5-10 minutes
- Take simply axe/tinderbox if required, games necklace (and cursed logs collected/retained so far!).
Average cost per trip 109. Prep time 0ish. On death you will keep the axe and the games necklace, so even if you don't make it back, or are fed up and want a break, it's just a question of re-cutting the logs which is the easy part anyway.
Obviously option 2 relies on you moving fast enough to avid almost all hits, but the margin between that an option 1 is slim. Simply doing option 2 + a Sara dose before entering might be worthwhile.
Note: I found taking a Spirit terrorbird seems to distract some of the attacks, but it may just be because it follows the character.
- Works even better for stage 2. Take spade, games necklace and slayer ring (if you have one). If you die you keep all three. If you run out or die use the slayer ring to relleka, then fairy rings to Ooglog, charge your run and HP (salt and thermal), games necklace to Clan wars, pick up Jennica's ring if necessary and off you go again. And I did the third hole with no food, before that I was trying all sorts of different things. Rich Farmbrough, 22:22 12 June 2010 (GMT).
Dieing in the first room Edit
What happens if you manage to light one or two fires in the first room, then die. Do you have to start all over again? Or can you do it one at a time?Metapig 02:48, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
Wait, nvm. It does carry on. You can do it one at a time. Metapig 02:55, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
No monsters to kill? Edit
- That's not true combat. So it apparantly doesn't count. Coelacanth0794 13:35, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- It could mislead readers. Perhaps put it in parenthesis?Red Dog31 20:41, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
I can not light the fire summers end Edit
I find it easy to get logs now,but i can not light the fire, it says pyre is not full, i can add 10 to a stack it says the same thing? i have over 60 fire skill and over 100 combat, i don't get it, the logs appear to be just on or just inside the edge of the pit, i cannot get myself or the logs in the center of the pit. i have practiced in other areas and no problem click tinder box then run to logs and it starts but not in the first cave, help, thanks.
More Experience Edit
After the Wilderness/Free Trade Update, I read that you would get an extra bit of experience for Completing Summer's End now that it's more 'dangerous'. Well I went back to the Abandoned Farm and operated Jennica's Ring in the house (where you start/finish the quest) and was asked if I wanted 'Farming Knowledge'. I said 'Yes' and it gave me 7,5000 Farming experience. Has it always done that or was it because of the Wilderness/Free Trade update as I presumed?
- There has always been the extra xp when passing through into the spirit realm at certain points after completion of the quest (see spirit realm article). But with the Wilderness/Free Trade update (if you mean when they brought pking in the wilderness back), there may have been an xp boost? 15:27, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Hidden update: now impossible to finish. Edit
they updated it so that the monster teleports to your spot and blast you 3 time at once. also, the monster camps the fire you started building and after death it camps the cave door and starts blasting you right when you enter.
oh and now, even with full run, you start walking just when it shoots and you start running right twards it the rest of the time.
Heavyoak 13:21, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
Good Prayer to use Edit
While doing the pyre part of the quest I found that using redemption was helpful and could prevent you from dieing when you were about to complete and light a pyre.
User:Wideload64 9:20, August 4 , 2012 (UTC)
im about to do this quest and i have noticed there is no tinder box in 'required items' or 'recommended items' because i have little idea on what im doing can someone edit it please09:24, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
Tinderbox is on Toolbelt by default, so you won't need to bring one.09:38, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
i just thought i might as well say something08:19, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
This quest is nearley impossible now with the combat update. The new health system has me at a one shot kill without armor. Your woodcutting is dramatically slowed with the new system and his attacks are way too overpowered and fast, even without lighting a single pyre. I would try running but if you use armour like suggested you just pitter out too fast, and im 55 agility. Should i use no armor and just light and die or should i bring armour and food and tyry to outlive attacks? Am i just bad or does anyone else have any of these problems?
126.96.36.199 01:59, December 13, 2012 (UTC)Angered severley