What do strength bonuses do? Edit
For example, people use the obsidian shield for the +5 strength, even though it's inferior to, say, a blessed spirit shield. Does it make that much of a difference if I'm using a godsword or whip?
Highest str bonus for a weapon Edit
Why is the Primal Maul (dungeoneering) not mentioned for having a +166 strength bonus?
because in dungeoneering you cant get any str boosting items exept weapons and the flameburst defender so the max str boost in dung is +171, while the maximum outside is +205.
str xp and max hit Edit
My friends say that max hit depends on xp, and not level. Is this true?
Not at all. Gizmo2050 02:14, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
I guess not much more can be added to this page. --Richard1990 23:26, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
How about putting a note that says the strength potion is the only potion avalible to non-members? --Wiiwantxbox 01:25, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
Spelling/grammar correction Edit
Please run the content of this article through a spelling/grammar checker. Please also check place and item names etc. --Zoetrope BRK 13:55, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Depends on the weapon, obviously... Do you mean unarmed? probably around 75, I'd guess. 22.214.171.124 09:04, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
- Depends on the weapon. With a rune scimitar it hits 14 on level 64. If you mean unarmed I think it is around level 74.--126.96.36.199 09:01, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- I think level 59 with a rune slash weapon. If you are using a 2h then level 57. If you are using a slash weapon with 54 strength and a strength potion. With 2h and strength potion level 52.Fauzer 09:09, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
If anybody is wondering, I removed the line mentioning defence "It is important not to forget one's defence.", as it sounded a bit biased. It made no mention of "It is important not to forget one's attack" and the fact that many pures and people that focus on pking prefer to keep defence low makes that comment an unbalanced one reflecting the person who posted that comment's viewpoint.
i think i could do 7 or 8 damage without my wep. Is that good. Im a lvl 70. sorry this was ment to be on the hits page.
Why not other things to increase strength? Edit
I'm a not noob to runescape and have just learned how to increase strength.I'm very stupid for not knowing how to do that. I'm a little dismayed that other physical activities cannot increase strength such as mining or running. It would make the game more interesting, in my humble opinion if this skill could be increased by those methods or even by adding weight rooms, exercise facilities, and even sports quests. Just my thoughts.
- Actually, that's an excellent point--there ARE other ways to train strength besides combat. You can train strength with barbarian fishing, by opening sarcophagi in Pyramid Plunder, and I think there's a task in the Blast Furnace minigame that trains strength, but I can't remember specifics. Those are all I can think of off-hand, and I'm at work right now so my researching abilities are limited. --nekobawt 19:59, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
--- There are indeed some other ways to get Strength experience but none of those are really viable training methods. (Although if you are going for 99 fish through barbarian fishing you will receive quite a bit of extra strength xp). However since Strength is already such a popular and fast skill it wouldnt really be necessary to add extra training methods.
- I don't think I agree that it's not necessary to explain other ways of training Strength. Skill pures, for example, might like to know what activities to avoid in order to not gain combat experience. So would players who don't want their strength to go above a certain level. Besides, I was under the impression that the point of the RuneScape Wikia was to be as informative as possible about the game (correct me if I'm wrong). Different players have different ways of wanting to play the game and advance in levels, and if someone wants to train a skill in an unorthodox (and perhaps inefficient) method, that's their prerogative. --nekobawt 18:07, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Strength training help Edit
Are there specific weapons that help raise strength faster than others? I've heard that using things like battleaxes, maces, and mauls can help raise strength faster. It would be useful to have that information here if there are such items. TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 19:48, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- It's 4 points per damage done, same for every weapon; so it's just the weapon with a best damage:time ratio which has a strength training option. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 12:22, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
im not sure but i think they are right about the training strength bit. I am only a lvl 70 on runescape and i want my strength to be 60. Im training with a dragon longsword so i think ill stick with that.
As a side note, Although all item's have 4 exp for each point of damage, sertan wepons and armors add or take away stat bonuses to certan attack styles. For example Battle Axe, give slash and crush bonus but take stab bonuses away, if you were training attack than you would be at a dissadvantage and better off using your hands.
As far as i know the wepon base attacks go as follows.
Please edit this post if i have missed some key information, or messed up on a particular bit of information as i am not that high of a level, i just love google.
P.s. as far as leveling str,def,or att, I would personaly sugest dungoneering which is avalable for both PTP and FTP alike. Although its a little bit of a hassle getting the best wepons to bind to you, it will also level up your dungoneering which kills two birds with one stone for those seeking tokens, dungoneering exp or trying to get to 1000 lvl. also you can aquire a ring from one of the npc's allowing you to teleport there from where ever you are.
Max hit? Edit
what is the max hit you can do in runescape?
Well to be able to answer your question, we need to find the weapon with the highest stength bonus, and adding all the best bonuses you can get from your equpiment and prayer, and potions. Boes anyone have an idea what weapon might have the strongest strength bonus? Many have told me it might be Dharoks Greataxe.
- Godsword. 'Nuff said. --188.8.131.52 11:42, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
- Dharoks still hits higher. Godsword can't hit 100+. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 12:21, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
Kiris against Kalphites can supposedly do 130s. The max hit would then be 130. Godswords are much better than a Dharok's Axe alone.
max strength bonus Edit
aded it --j-g 17:36, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
my max hit is 16 with the dragon longswords spiecial but ive seen the people can do 110 with dharok. Im not sure wot is the highest strength bonus though
P1k hunter 6 can hit a 29 with dragon longsword, 26, 27 with dragon dagger special, with full Dharoks he can hit 47s. with his range 12 12 with rune arrows with magic short bow. P1k hunter 6 can hit a 45 with Bandos godsword. Also 27 with abby whip. he has a torso, rune defender, rune platelegs, dragon scimitar, dragon dagger or granite maul on him and he has a dragon med helm.
godswords have the highest strength bonus. dharocks full armor has the highest max hit with melee. and range ( with the right set-up) has the highest max hit on the game.ive seen 90's with godswords, 115's with dh's, and 150's with range.
Monkey guard exp rate accurate? Edit
I've heard stories of people getting upwards of 200k+ strength exp per hour at monkey guards using super sets, piety and lava titans at high strength levels. Could somebody verify this for me? Chukonu xbow 02:13, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Dharoks + Monkey madness training = Phails.
Bandits with d b a ftw.
Ok sorry if i'm rude but whoever told you 101+ is the highest strength bonus is completely full of "stuffing".I've had higher with a whip and torso with d boots and family gaunts and neitz helm. And anyways, any godsword (not counting saradomin sword) has a strength bonus of around 130 i believe. and dharocks is aroung 120. For the highest melee hits on runescape, use dharocks. Even though u can hit much higher with range. I've seen 150's with range.If you have any comments, my user is sponserthis.
Double Dharok Damage? Edit
"Dharok's armours special effect hits double normal damage at 10% hp or lower." - Can we get a reference to prove this please? Otherwise I'm adding a disputed tag.Planeshifted 01:34, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm confused... Edit
- I concur with this. It seems to suggest bias in favor of pures in order to put the training section on Strength. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 05:55, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- If you think there's something wrong with it, feel free to fix it. I personally see it as showing no bias, however in that not all people frequent and edit the same articles. Also consider that many people don't look for guides on where to train as they already know or would rather find it themselves. (Oops, forgot to sign) 23:07, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
I thought the current minimum rank to be on the hiscores was to be Level 61, although it comes up as 60. I think this should be changed, but would you just have to right it out - it seems to be in some sort of script at the moment. Small090 - 14:03, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- To update the rank you have to edit Template:Hiscores lowest rank. I have done so now (for all skills). 18:51, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
It's wrong i have lvl 63 str and im not on hiscores but it says u only need 62 str...
FTP Max hit Edit
There seems to be a lot of edits to it, mainly changing it from 37 to 39 then back to 37, and so on. Does anyone have any confirmation for or against either of them? Or something else entirely?13:40, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
I will just leave this here.
I say 36 is f2p max hit. --Gizmo2050 03:56, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
Further proof has arrived that 36 is the max hit in f2p. Gizmo2050 06:27, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
could you put Edit
- I am currently going through the Armour page and upgrading every "Max X" table and I'll do Max Strength next, just for you 02:02, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- I just did it. The changes may not be immediately visible here, but you can definitely see them Armour/Strength|here. 02:38, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
With a screen-recorder where you crop it to record the character or atleast make it as small as possible. Then you need another tool to convert the frames to gif. Please note that if you want ad-free gifs, you would most likely need to pay for the tools. --184.108.40.206 21:39, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
max f2p str bonus Edit
"The best time-limitless one-handed-weapon bonus is +80, by wielding a rune battleaxe and a rune berserker shield 100."
It's not time-limitless, rune berserker shield drgrades.
Asdervbn 14:17, August 8, 2010 (UTC)Asdervbn
also mask of dragith nur gives a plus 1 str bonus
says d boots give best str bonus but is't it bandos boots
Just a questionEdit
- Bandos boots give 0 strength bonus. Go to the article and see. 01:14, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Do you have to be a member to get the skillcape? Cause the person selling it is in a members area. I'm asking cause I want to get the skillcape and get level 99 strength. Willaca (talk) 07:52, 20, August, 2012 (UTC).
- All skillcapes are members only items. 13:36, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Awe... Okay then. User:Willaca 05:07, 21, August 2012 (UTC)