I just found 3 of these and am not sure how to use them. what can i do wit these?
- Well, we wrote the article so you would know where to bring them.--Degenret01 00:11, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
I just recieved the wc rock. If someone would like a snapshot PM me ingame im psxsa.
Got one from theiving, just pickpocket men repeatedly ^_^ 22.214.171.124 02:57, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
i just got one from doing herb
incase it makes a difference where you get them, your able to get agility rocks from doing the course in the wilderness agility arena, and you can get woodcutting rocks from ivy on the back of the castle. thats where i got mine. thieving can be gotten from pickpocketing the the regular man in juliettes house and outside of lumbridge. well, thats where i got my rocks.
Hey, does anyone know how I should get the runecrafting rocks? I've been having trouble finding them. ~Sportdude521 Yes. "Binding runes" just means making runes. If your Game chat filter is set to "All", it'll say "You bind the altar's power into the runes." I got my rocks at Ourania with about 1500 essence.--ledzepmtg in most reference frames 22:51, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
I got my RC rock after around 300 essence crafting Nats. In fact, I got both rocks before 300 essence. Icecold531 19:22, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
Construction rock EditIs anyone know the fastest way to get the construction rock, I've been trying but have no luck. I have all the other ones just construction 00:25, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
You have to sit in your house for at least a minute. The rock appears in front of your portal and can take a very long time to appear. I think the best suggestion I've seen about this is to get a bunch of alching stuff ready and alch in your house until you have the Construction rocks. --MarkGyver 08:17, March 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I marked out the paragraph above because merely sitting in the house has long been removed (via an update) as a way to get strange rocks, and did not want anyone wasting the time doing so thinking it still worked. I left the paragraph instead of removing it for historical reasons.Thundar the Barbarian (talk) 17:28, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Update: I updated the section on recommended ways to get Construction rocks because after pretty extensive efforts, making limestone fireplaces never got me a rock. I suspect they might've actually made it so ONLY wooden furniture gives strange rocks now in construction; at any rate, making wooden furniture seems to work much better. 126.96.36.199 22:35, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
Smithing rock Edit
Can you get the Smithing Rock by Superheating ore, or does it have to be a furnace? Icecold531 19:22, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
No, it has to be at a furnace or anvil.
More than two rocks per skill Edit
Today I've received 3 rocks while fishing 500 lobbies. This refutes the statement that players may only hold 2 rocks per skill. Obviously people are loathe to believe this statement, and several people have argued in game. I'm just going to write this and people can believe it if they want, I don't really mind.
You should take a snapshot of it for proof, though i'm not sure of when this happened due to know time stamp or signature for whoever you are, but if anyone does get happen to come by this they should snapshot and upload for proof 188.8.131.52 06:23, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
You obviously made this up because you can't get strange rocks from fishing lobsters...
you can get strage rocks from lobbies only samon and trout dont give em :(
184.108.40.206 13:15, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
Managing Kingdom rocks Edit
I just received a rock in Miscellania by mining there, I don't know what else will give you a rock from there. I would think fishing and woodcutting could also grant rocks. Gamer9sam 06:29, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
The rock you received was probably a strange rock for mining; it is not kingdom specific. 220.127.116.11 21:45, July 13, 2012 (UTC)FunkMetalBass
Firemaking rock Edit
I would like to confirm that you can get the firemaking rock by buring shades in the Shades of Mort'ton minigame. However, only one rock showed up after 350 fires, so this is NOT a fast way to get it. I also tried to get my second rock by buring Maple Logs with a PyreLord familiar, and it did not show. It only showed up once I changed to a tinderbox. Steelhorse66 15:05, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
I got both burning one log!
Fishing Rock Edit
I put it in before (before I made an account) about how while fishing at shilo with a fly rod I got a rock, but someone removed it. I now got a rock while using the barbarian rod. I have a screenshot of both for those that don't believe it, but I shall be adding this info back into the wiki - Aknazer
Me too Belanderson 12:29, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
I just got my two one right after the other fishing up at Piscatoris. Less than one bag full. This might be the trick location.18:48, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
Kikorishadow: I just got one after twenty-four sharks caught while wielding a Barb-tail harpoon. I thought we weren't able to get rocks off harpoon fishing? 18.104.22.168 18:56, October 18, 2011
I tried barbarian fishing, did for around 4 hours and did not find a single fishing rock. I know you usto be able to get them, but maybe it was an re-update
Hunting rock Edit
- I'am pretty sure that you can't get a rock while checking box ! Urssaff talk 09:49, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I wasn't sure before but I got mine this week from Red Chinchompas, got them in about 150 or so. One guy there said it took him 500 to get the second rock. Oh but for checking someone else's box, I have no idea. That seems off.--Degenret01 10:17, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- What is the best way to get the hunting rock? Because I have been hunting polar kebit and the curlean birds for about 2 hours, still no rock.
- Falconry and box trapping from my experience. I can usually get both each week in under 30 minutes doing one of those. 21:28, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I've been fishing for lobsters, tuna, and swordfish for close 6 levels and I have yet to receive my second strange rock. The fishing guild potentially hates the entire concept of the strange rocks. So if you get one their and it doesn't let you have the second one by level 68 after coming from 62, just lose all hope of completing the statue.
Mining Rock Edit
Today I was in Keldagrim North Mine and prospected runite 6 time (didnt mine it; didnt even have a pick tbh) and got both rocks. So if someone wants to add this into the article go ahead. Thanks --16:09, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
Double Rock Edit
While I was training mining on Iron ore, I got two rocks (I'm pretty sure) at the same time. I was wearing Varrock Armour, and I got two ore and I think I got them both from the same strike. Is that even possible?Yes its possible it happened to me while i was woodcutting i was doing ivys and they both came in my inventory at the same exact time, i think its some type of glitch.
Yup, I was mining gems in Shilo Village and I got two rocks at exactly the same time. I only got one gem, however. No, I don't have a username on this wiki - get over it :) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
It is not a glitch - i occasionally get two of something due to "my extremely quick reflexes' or some such. Some reward armour/clothes also double the item you are mining/wc etc
Thieving rock Edit
I am not sure if I read this anywhere or not. But I seem to get no strange rock while doing Pyramid Plunder. How about Sorceress's Garden? Haven't tried there. Are there some minigames or Distractions and Diversions for which you can or can not get Strange rocks? These would be of some importance to note. Warp9pnt9 22:22, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Fishing from Rocktails Edit
- Want to confirm that three other people at rocktails have now confirmed rocks. Ben RyfosTalk 21:41, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
Agil rock via BTR Edit
BTR - Bandos Throne Room
how ever those pieces gotten to that dimension, anywayS?