Saradomin item? Edit
Does this weapon count as a Saradomin item? It does have his symbol on it. No One Special 22:40, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Not obviously, although the fact that it is, "of light" might be an indirect reference to sara D Boots R Us 22:45, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
It looks like a Saradomin Sword on a stick so I'd presume so, but you never know. ~Loe151~
To find out, just have someone take it to saradomin god wars area. I can't, don't have one.... Guthix1110 13:19, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
Why take it to GWD? take it to Bandit camp (since they attack if you have sara or zammy item) ...way less dangerous =] (Lorddark280 00:45, February 11, 2010 (UTC))
- The staff does not count as a Saradomin item. I went to the bandit camp with it and they didn't care, I could even talk to them. They attacked as soon as I equipped one of the other god items. Damnads 21:58, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Although the Dagon'hai are followers of Zamorak, the robes do not count as Zamorak items in the God Wars Dungeon. However, they do count as Zamorak items in the Desert Bandit Camp, and cause the bandits to be aggressive toward the player. Perhaps this role is reversed for the sol? slim chance but i think taking it to gwd is the best way to find out.
Rykerh228 20:38, February 16, 2010 (GMT -5)
- Alright, I went and check in the GWD and it doesn't count as an item there. They attacked as soon as I removed my Holy Book while I still had the staff equipped. Damnads 05:16, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
Does this item degrade --kazypoo1 --184.108.40.206 02:57, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
- No, if it does degrade JaGeX would mention it rather than piss off thousands of players when they get one and found out it does.Moneypony 03:10, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Strange price that it updated to, from 11,000,000 to 11,013,853. Rise of 0.126%. Damnads 10:10, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
Looks like Jagex manually updated the ge prices for some items this time.. Lathow 00:53, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
How many hands?Edit
1 handed or 2 handed? I was thinking that the special attack would synergise very very well with an elysian or divine spirit shield - massive damage reduction for a minute...always supposing you can wield it with a shield220.127.116.11 00:12, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
yes, you can. staff of light + protect meele + divine + sap str + miasmic barrage before spec = 80 damage ags spec reduced to about 5 damage.01:49, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Miasmic Barrage only reduces speed,not damage.Moneypony 23:58, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Half speed = half damage over the long run, although it wasn't integrated into that example very well. With the staff, deflect and divine shield you should only take 14% melee damage, reducing a 99 hit from an ags spec to 13 damage (that is provided the percentage reductions work like they should). Including sap strength would reduce the hit to about 8 I would think. Damnads 23:53, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
What the heck? Did jagex just get lazy and stick the Sara Sword model on a stick?
sara-sword on a sara-staff actually :S00:27, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
Ya but the yellow star thingy is 3D on staff of light and 2D on sara sword. Lathow 00:55, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
When do you think these will be buyable in the Grand Exchange? And if so, how much approximately? ~Loe151~
- I'd say within 2-4 weeks they will start being buyable at max. As for how much, I'd say between 15-30m, yeah it's a large range but ya never know for sure with new items. BZIVrwojy 05:42, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
2 weeks eh? Fun...
I just hope this obscene 100m+ price ends soon. ~Loe151~..
The drop rate is the same as that of an abyssal whip which is about 1/500. Apparently the fastest slayers can kill about 100 ice strykeworms per hour. I don't see the staffs being worth more than 10m for very long. Ur 03:14, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
Ah, but what you also don't see is that you can only kill them if you have them as your slayer tasks which greatly decreases the income of them into the game. Sure they aren't that rare but I expext them to stabalizeabout 30-40 mill in the logn run as when those who don't watch the updates realize how great a melee weapon they are, they will be used a huge amount. Also with low high alch value they have large chance of being lost when pjed in pvp right after statue pickup if careless.
Does it protect over whip, claws, fury, ahrims, etc?
Feel free to obtain one and alch it :p
RE: I'd better get one and go to a bh+1 world with whip..but they are impossible to get atm
I updated the alch value, it high alchs for 57k whip is 72k and claws 81k if I'm right. Lathow 01:00, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
is the special attack a visible attack?
- Yesm it is. You stamp the staff down and a forcefield briefly appears around you. I'll upload an animation later today. Damnads 21:51, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
magical staves Edit
why is this staff in "other staves" rather then "staves" as in staff of earth, staff of fire, etc? only difference is the look.01:55, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
It's in "other staves" because it does not count as runes. An example is ahtat a fire staff counts as limitless fire runes, so it is in "staves", but since the Staff of light does not count towards runes in the same manner, it is classified as "other staves". ~Loe151~
- Actually there are several staves that do not count a runes that are in that category (e.g. the normal Staff or the White staff). However the common criteria is that they all have the same graphical style, not that they are a subsitute for certain runes. Damnads 07:49, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
The staff has a 1/8 chance of not using up runes each time a damage-dealing spell is cast with it. The rune-saving effect can be combined with a full set of combat robes, improving the chance to 1/5, or battle robes, for an impressive 1/2 chance of saving runes. Also, any time the staff does not save your runes, the robes themselves will still have their usual chance of saving you any mind, chaos, death or blood runes used by the combat spell you are casting. (Taken from rskb.)
Robes must be charged in order to save mind, chaos, death or blood runes. Does the same apply to 1/5 and 1/2 staff combination? Lathow 01:10, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
Staff of light vs Saradomin Sword in triviaEdit
This line in trivia says "This can be an alternative to a Saradomin sword when wielded with a Rune defender (although the overall strength bonus would be 80 and have a different special attack) it would be better attack stats, making it more accurate and efficient at training strength." However, the sword is faster and has a higher strength bonus. The only bonus the staff has is the slightly higher attack bonus. It almost certainly isn't more efficient. Damnads 21:18, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds like a RS:NPOV for me. Red X 226 18:32, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- It didn't mean "more accurate and more efficient," it just meant "more accurate, and thus efficient as an alternative weapon." Not very economical though ^_^ Godel 06:47, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
What are the attack styles of the staff? does it have a slash or stab attack option? I'm asking that because jagex could've commited the mistake of making the staff with the same attack styles as other staves, using only crush attacks when it has no crush attack bonuses, and it'd fail. Also, I'm starting to think it really has no slash style, as it cannot be used to slash a web, while every other weapon with a slash attack has it.22:38, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
- The styles are 'Jab' (which is Attack exp and Stab), 'Swipe' (which is Strength exp and Slash), and 'Fend' (which is defense exp and Crush). Damnads 05:16, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
Anyone know how much percentage of spec used per special attack?
- 100%. No One Special 20:57, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
fairly sure its 50..
I just used it. It's 100%. Sorry Facaster. --TheLastWordSword 21:21, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
the article says its 50%, unless i did math wrong...21:49, February 19, 2010 (UTC)
Possible Images Edit
Here's some screen shots, tell me what goes on the page and what doesn't.
--TheLastWordSword 21:30, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- None of them will do in their current state. You'll have to crop them.
21:36, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
nO kIDDING. But are any of these parts something you especially want? Like the ACC/AGG/DEF comparisons? (Just the small box, lower right corners?) --TheLastWordSword 21:38, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
WTF better than i whip Edit
on the page it says similar stats to dragon equipment but with a defender its better than a whip ans sara sword for slash and its 5 less strength bnus the obly down side is its quite slow
- You can use a whip with a defender aswell, making it better again. Damnads 21:34, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
Rune saving ability based on spell? Edit
I felt like, when using different types of spells, runes would get saved more or less often. When I was using water surge on abyssal demons, it seemed like I was seeing the message A LOT more often than when I fire waved steel dragons...perhaps higher level = higher chance to save runes? It kinda feels that way o_o Godel 06:50, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- No, it's the same for every spell. No One Special 12:09, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- You sure? Maybe I was just really lucky sometimes, and othertimes really unlucky XD Godel 18:42, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Can you use it to... Edit
Can you use it to alch with? like instead a fire staff (using fire runes) and would it save runes while alching?01:39, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
- It will only save runes with combat spells. 01:15, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
So could you still use it while alching? Im looking toward buying one if you can.01:39, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Since you can cast High Level Alchemy while wielding just about anything, yes, you can alch with the staff of light equipped, but you won't get any specific advantage from doing so. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 18:23, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
Does the special effect stack with protection prayers? Edit
When using Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee while the Staff of light's special ability is in effect, how does the effect stack (against players)? Is it still the normal 50% damage reduction or does it increase to, say, 75% protection? Lt Custard 14:12, May 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, you only take 30% damage when the two are combined. 18.104.22.168 12:13, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
Most expensive 1h weapon? Edit
It would seem to me like it is. I've been trying to figure out the most expensive outfit, that's why I want to know. Vesta's longsword may be more expensive, I'm not sure...
Vestas longsowrd is probably more expensive, but I'd say this is probably the most expensive non degradable 1h weapon.19:13, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
Guy in Picture Edit
The guy in the picture holding the Staff of Light looks really really cool. What all is he wearing?
Verac != melee damage? Edit
The special attack does not work to protect Verac's armor special, but the page says that it blocks 50% of ALL melee damage.
- In my experience it sometimes works, at least against Verac himself. I'll update the article. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 00:56, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
- it does sometimes work but that is because he is naturally hitting you. If you have protect melee on it will never work because he cant naturally hit you.
I've added the part about yellow recolouring, however I'm unsure on how to cite it. Here is the link to the forums where I found the information if someone could kindly do the citing. http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=x6NqFFcGJeY/forums.ws?15,16,14,63223304
Thanks -11:15, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Does anyone know what type of weapon the staff is based from? As i have seen weapons like spears but with a longer blade that most, but i have never seen their names, would anyone care to clarifiy?22.214.171.124 04:16, September 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you mean in the game or in real life? They look like saradomin swords in-game. 04:18, September 2, 2012 (UTC)