Research mode: Research mode will break down selected item drops and reward you with bonus xp in the skill required to make the item. Requirement: - The spring cleaner must have at least 1 charge per item dropped - The item must be selected from the config menu Notes: - You will not receive the dropped item. It will broken down and changed to bonus xp - For items that take multiple skills to make, bonus xp will be given in the skill used to make the final stage - Will not affect ammo or noted items
Dismantle mode: Dismantle mode will break down selected items drops and return a portion of the base material used to make them. It does not always return 100% of the material, there is a chance that no material will be returned. This chance varies on what items are broken down. Requirement: - The spring cleaner must have at least 1 charge per item dropped - The item must be selected from the config menu - You must have space in your bank to receive the material Notes: - You will not receive the dropped item. It will return materials instead, which will be sent to your bank - The returned materials will be automatically sent to your bank - The materials returned will be the lowest stage to make the dropped item, a rune platebody would return rune ore and coal - Will not affect ammo or noted items
From the interface.
Right click options:
- Check Charges
- Destroy (You can retrieve your spring cleaner from Diango)
--184.108.40.206 04:30, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
A thoughtful use for this.Edit
What if failed to dismantle and success rateEdit
If it fails to dismantle a drop no charge is used and the item would not be sent to the bank. What would happen to the drop? Would it still be visible so you can pick it up manually? Also, what is the success rate of Spring Cleaner?Puretppc (talk) 20:24, September 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Failing or not, the Spring Cleaner always destroys the drop, so it is impossible to pick up manually said item. I ignore the success rate, but i'd say it's a 90%. Source: I own one ;). K ox (talk) 02:38, September 15, 2014 (UTC)
If the Spring Cleaner is lost, what happens to the springs?Edit
If I have a Spring Cleaner charged with some Springs and I lose it (ie: destroy it, or lost by death), then speak to Diango and retrive the Spring Cleaner, will it be charged with the Springs it had? Or will it be empty? K ox (talk) 02:48, September 15, 2014 (UTC)
- I just destroyed mine when it had 100 charges. When retrieved from Diango, it still had 100 charges. I can't say for sure if it's lost on death, but I think it's relatively safe to assume that it always keeps its charges. Nothing special here. (talk) 21:54, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Does anyone know what happens when you die with it in the Wildy? 15:55, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
Question on bonus experienceEdit
I can't seem to find any data which shows the amount of bonus experience awarded by the item on research mode. Do we not have this data? Or is the amount of bonus experience awarded equal to the experience received as if you had created the item?00:35, November 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Working on it at [[User:Gaz Lloyd/spring]] and [[User:Gaz Lloyd/spring/table]].
00:43, November 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Done! The page has now been rewritten to be much more informative about what it does, and the exact values for everything are on Calculator:Spring cleaner. 14:50, November 30, 2014 (UTC)
Animated Armour Edit
In the case you get 2 spring cleanersEdit
|“||They share the same settings, if i change one then the others settings will be the same, also they share thespring amount and lvl. Only diference is the visual look.||”|
Also winning one from the raffle doesn't stop you from winning another on TH.
Besides the fact that I can't add a picture (which is utterly ridiculous. A wikia isn't a private project..) I wanted to add a nice, polished screenshot at the "Rule of thumb" section with all the selected things to disassemble highlighted.
Check imgur link for example. imgur dot com /deNZCQZ
- What's preventing you from adding an image? -- 20:33, April 2, 2016 (UTC)
Pk'd with cleaner?Edit
What if you get PK'd with cleaner? Do you lose all the springs inside it? 220.127.116.11 20:30, February 7, 2017 (UTC)
Dismantling trimmed items?Edit
I noticed that while killing vyres with sunspear, you can drop items from the columbarium table... what if you drop a trimmed item, like a piece of the rune (g) set, would the spring cleaner dismantle that item, if you had selected rune items to be dismantled? 18.104.22.168 14:13, November 19, 2017 (UTC)