final fight Edit
Maybe I just suck, but I died twice in battle using protect from melee, I could not eat fast enough with them rangers owning me. Wearing black dhide. Third time same armor but protect from range instead, i never had to eat once. It was easy that time.--Degenret01 15:27, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, i wear a full proselyte (without helm of course), legends cape, obby shield, dragon dagger(p++) & scimitar, desert boots, glory ammy. I only ate a few monkfish (less than 7) for the fight without dying. It is okay to use protect from melee, and the ranging hits only occasionally 13, not so frequently. -| § Ξδραγωναιτε §|- 15:34, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- I died twice in the fight. Eventually I just used Protect from Ranged when the Scarabites started on me, and I had no problems. 13? They hit 30s on me (100 combat, 75 defense, 65 ranged, in granite and rune armor)
- I just completed the quest but "It is still possible for a level 85 to kill the Banshee Mistress with monkfish" part terrified me. My combat skill levels are Att 64, Str 62, Def 69, Ranged 84, Prayer 62, Magic 71. Pointless eh? and Cb level is just 85! But I didn't buy Sharks or Monkfishes. I picked up 4 Pineapple pizzas, 4 Swordies, and 5 or 6 Tunas from the Bank and used 4 bites of pizzas, 2 Swordies and some Tunas (I used most of Tunas before meeting the boss).I used Eagle eye first then switched to Protect from missiles and didn't use Prayer potions I prepared. --Ypacaraí 14:01, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I was wearing Black D'hide armour plus Rune kite and wielding Rune crossbow. Ammo was Dragon bolts. but I brought 3 poisoned Steel bolts too and used them first against the Mistress..--Ypacaraí 14:11, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
Finishing the QuestEdit
Upon completion of the quest, all current slayer tasks are reset. Meaning players have to get a new task from a slayer master. Diablo66699 16:21, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, all assignments were reset when the quest was released. Lucky i wasn't slaying or it would have been a pain. Gaz Lloyd 20:29, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, you can just continue the task and receive slayer xp for it. The slayer xp will stop when you reach the end of the task as usual. No message on the completion though. Miw 21:33, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
Slayer Bosses Edit
Here's some more info for the extra Slayer Bosses:
Ok, so first off, you don't need a Nose Peg for the Abberant Specters in the area. They are non-aggressive (at least to me at 113 Combat, although the ones at the Slayer Tower are still aggressive to me at this level). If you already have the new Slayer Helmet, then this is of no concern.
I took enough equipment and supplies to deal with all 4 in one run. What I found out was that each boss room as a rock pile that can used as a safe spot, so instead of getting in front of the monsters, I just used the safe spots and Slayer Dart in tank armor. However, during the fights, they spawn "Minion" versions of themselves that may be able to get to you. They are weaker and hit a lot less often. Using the appropriate Protection magics keeps you safe completely from them. Also note, the Kurask boss is so big that I was able to get him near the safe spot and his spawns could not get past him to get to me. This may be possible with all the bosses (untested). The safe spots are only good for the Melee Bosses. DDP Special worked wonders with the Mage and Range bosses.
You DO need any equipment that would be used to kill them (i.e. Slayer Staff [Kurask] or Mirror Shield [Basilisk]). You cannot take off the Masked Earmuffs during the fights (i.e. Black Mask, Nezzy Helm) unless you already have the Slayer Helm. If you do, you will be damaged like in the Smoke Dungeon.
That's all I got for now.
Other fansite quest guides Edit
Other sites listed here (on talk pages) as resources:
- to make this guide more comprehensive
- to improve quality of our information
- to check that nothing here has been copied outright from other sites - RuneScape:Copyrights
- for new quests, to see when and which sites have their guides up; if this info is timely
In Alexa order:
- forum guides in process (registration required?) http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showforum=8
- RuneScape Bits & Bytes http://www.rsbandb.com/ does not have quest guides
- temp guide on forum http://www.runecrypt.com/forum/index.php?showforum=3
- temp guide on forum - http://runevillage.net/ThePub/
A few other guides up on the first day...
- http://www.runevillage.com/rs2Quests/quest2SmokingKills.php . Chrislee33 07:19, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/SmokingKills.html . Chrislee33 04:26, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Split page? Edit
Should we move the miniquest to a page of it's own? That way, a link to the miniquest on it's own could be used in places like the miniquest tab. --18.104.22.168 11:07, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
I agree Edit
It's misleading for it to be called a mini quest and a quest at the same time
Needs Cleanup? Edit
Anyone else think this article needs cleaning up? The layout is poor, there are pieces of broken code visible on the page, images seem to be out of place, and for some reason there is a miniquest guide on the page that belongs on a separate page. :)
- Agreed. I might be able to do it, if I have time. Or else you could go ahead and do it, if you wanted. Cheers, Chicken7 >talk 13:00, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
Dwarf Cannon? Edit
Is it possible to use a dwarf multicannon on either of the banshee bosses? Purple Tami 05:16, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
sumoa and catsEdit
i talked to sumoa with my kitten out and she didn't get mad or anything. Also i only have 89 combat and i only used 3 monkfish in the final fight. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Briod the Bean (talk) on 19:11, March 21, 2010 (UTC).
Evolution of Combat Edit
After the combat update, will the requirement for this still be 85 combat? That would mean it could be completed with level 42 in attack, strength, ranged or magic and 41 in defence. Is anyone able to check what will happen? Duck171 15:28, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
bit off topic but... Edit
- Talk pages are for discussing the article, not the mighty adventurer's apparent inability to put two things on their face at the same time. Keep that to forums/chatboxes/human conversations/whatever. Sonic Raindoom (talk) 11:06, November 11, 2012 (UTC)