I've been getting seeds back on live harvests too. NeobotXP 00:49, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I doubt that's intended. Coelacanth0794 00:51, April 21, 2010 (UTC)
Will this work for Herb spots? Xhao 10:13, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
- you get same seed back from live herbs. Random seed back from dead currently. Its debatable if that s a bug or not.
- I've gotten some seeds back on living herbs as well, does anyone remember the patch it happened? I am 100% sure I got one back at My Arm's, and fairly sure I got my second seed there as well (but don't hold my word for that one).
If more people are experiencing this the "bug" might be related to his patch.
EDIT: just got another one off of the canafis patch. DiffusedDawn 14:56, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
Quote from patch notes of the 28/04/10: "The description of the scroll of life reward incorrectly did not include healthy harvesting." This is not a bug, but intended. ~Artwich 13:42, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
So, is the random herb seed intended? That really lowers the benefit from farming ranarrs/snapdragons/etc. This is the only thing I'm considering buying before a chaotic rapier/longsword, and without that benefit, it's not worth it. HxC Ferret 01:13, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
- From what I've read I don't think getting a random seed is the way it's meant to be, but the scroll works perfectly fine on living herbs, I've recieved at least 15 snapdragon seeds since I've bought mine, definitely worth your 10k tokens if you farm a lot. DiffusedDawn 15:31, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- It has a 10% chance to return the seed you planted originally when you havrest/clear the patch. When the patch is DEAD, the chance is only 5%, and you will recieve a random seed back instead of the one you originally planted. Godel 06:41, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
Clearing tree patches with farmers (resolved) Edit
Many people can't be bothered to spend 5-10 minutes at each spot to cut and dig up their tree manually, and may miss out on the chance of recieving their seed back. Can anyone confirm getting seeds back from tree patches they paid the farmers to clear? Godel 06:38, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Did a tree run today. Paid the farmers to dig up all 5 trees and did not recieve any seeds back. If anyone else does a tree run, do post your results. If we get enough results with no seed, we can make an assumption that having the farmer clear your tree patch will not result in a seed. Godel 05:38, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I've been training farming after buying the scroll for 3 days now. You indeed get a seed back at a 10% rate. Mostly you'll get the seed you planted before, but it's alspo possible te get a random seed. I recieved a dwarf weed seed from a kwuarm patch. (even aint got the level to plant dwarf weed)
If your farmer clears it you have no chance of receiving your seeds back. Im sure about this since i saw a j mod posting about this, im gonna try to find that tread back now!:dRunieboss 20:19, June 6, 2010 (UTC)(UTC)
I just got magic tree seed back even though I paid a farmer to cut the magic tree. I didn't even have an axe with me. Edited the page to say you can get seeds back that way. Lr5 14:56, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
Looks like getting seeds back even when using farmers to cut trees has been confirmed on the thread, page 8, by a Jagex mod, as a reply to a player's question. Lr5 15:01, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Alright so either they just made it possible recently or not enough people had tried it. In either case, now you do get them when you use a farmer, the page has been edited accordingly. Case closed :) 126.96.36.199 01:57, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
I can verify that it definitely USED to be possible. I've gotten a few mages seeds back from trees a farmer cut down. Since the Dungeoneering update, I have not received any back yet though.—Triforce 14 00:50, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
Hey is this still possible? I know for a certain clearing a tree with right click NEVER gives the seed back considering I've been doing that since I could farm willows, but I saw this tibit and tried over 20 trees and still haven't gotten a farmer to give me back a seed. --Jlun2 (talk) 05:49, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Finally happened. That was annoyingly rare. Still hasn't happened if you don't pay the farmer though. :/ --Jlun2 (talk) 00:17, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
Gout Tuber from random patches Edit
One of my friends said that he got a gout tuber from his torstol during a farming run, I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten one or is it a glitch.188.8.131.52 23:36, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I can confirm it, I got one when clearing a dead torstol patch. Lr5 18:39, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Is It Broken? Edit
Well I got it kind of recently, but I've harvested 30 patches with the effect and no herb seeds received. If my math is right (which it most likely isn't), isn't that like a 1/1000 chance? This has me wondering if it's broken or something. I do have horrific luck, but still =\ —The preceding unsigned comment was added by HxC Ferret (talk).
- No. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zeppeli (talk).
- First (to both of you), please sign your comments on Talk pages with four tildes. Second (to Zeppeli), please don't erase other users' comments when you add your own. Third (to HxC), you probably just had what is commonly referred to as a string of bad luck - not that far out statistically. By now, if you are continuing to farm, I would guess that your percentages are closer to what would be expected. JalYt-Mej-Wynde 21:37, September 20, 2010 (UTC)
I believe dead herbs do not give 10% chance seed back. Instead, just like trees, theres a 5% chance to get a random herb seed.
Thus, the real chance of recieving a seed back is 0.85 (chance of a living herb) *0.1 (chance seed back) = 0.085 or 8.5%.
Can you get torstol seeds from this as a random (i.e. if you weren't farming torstol)? What if you don't have the level?
- I just got a torstol seed when harvesting avantoe. I only have 68 farming - the wiki page must be wrong about the seeds being the same for live herbs...
How do I know I have the effects of the scroll?Edit
I just came back from a 6 month RS hiatus, and I can't remember if I have already purchased and applied this reward. Is there a way to know if I have it? What happends if you try to buy the scroll of life and you have already used on you? This may be a stupid question from me, but if someone knows the answer to this, it would be a good addition to the article. Sam 3010 (talk, contribs) 02:56, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- They will let you buy one again, I think if you try to use it, it will give no message, like the scroll of efficiency (and would thus be a waste). I was going to check if it was one of the requirements for the Completionist cape and then I'd say you could try obtaining it and it'll say what left you need, but apparently it's only a requirement for the trimmed version which I don't think you can check unless you have the cape already. So no, I don't think there's a way to check if you have the ability already, unless you never get a seed back from said patches after several farm runs. 23:13, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I tryed it and once you already have the effects of the scrolls, you're not allowed to purchase another one from the shop. Instead, you will get the message "You've already unlocked that ability." and no tokens will be wasted. Hope the helps.184.108.40.206 14:35, February 24, 2012 (UTC)