Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- According to a post on the RSOF, Sacred metal fragments are not lost upon switching (neither are the weapon override parts). IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:52, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I can confirm that you keep the fragments, having switched back and forth between the two factions in order to obtain both sets of boots and gloves, as well as both emoted. Furah (talk) 06:00, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll also confirm this, seeing as I switched yesterday. As an additional test I split my fragments between my bank and inventory (jut in case). All were safe! IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:48, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
Drop rate of fragmentsEdit
- My ring of wealth has not shone once, even when getting some fragments; and I have noticed no difference in the average amount I get per cap, whether I'm wearing it or not. I'd say it does not. IP184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:11, August 11, 2013 (UTC)
Fragments dropping in free worldsEdit
Increased drop amounts?Edit
A clan member reported today he was getting at least up to 13 sacred metal fragments in a single drop from killing NPCs today? Anyone else noticed an increase? IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:03, September 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I have also been receiving sacred metal fragments of over 10 from a single drop.
- 10:32, September 7, 2013 (UTC)
Using the infinite metal node that appeared on monday, I got 71820 mining xp + 4396 metal fragments in 1 hour. I had a dragon Zamorak token along with full Golden Mining Suit while at 90 mining. --Jlun2 (talk) 15:27, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Equipped with a Zamorakian banner, I had around the same, this time with 70308 mining xp + 4343 metal fragments in 1 hour. I guess those banners don't increase the xp rate or anything. --Jlun2 (talk) 17:21, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
The Bird and the BeastEdit
I've been told (have yet to start my grinding), that the sacred metal fragments from World Event 2 do not stack with those from the first World Event. And btw, I still have my 5k spare fragments from the first world event. When I get a weapon component, I'll see if by any chance I can use those anyhow; but it might be better to get a separate page for the new ones. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:19, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- When I heard about the sacred metal fragments I was happy that I did not get rid of the 11k shards in my bank. But they do indeed not stack. Which makes me wonder, if the fragments were not meant to be re-used, why do they still exist? Jagex stole my spirit wolf blood as well so why not this? 19:08, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
Fragments and ConvoysEdit
Can someone clarify (and verify) 'when convoys dissapear' on the page? I've been killing convoys all day but i've gotten no shards at all from them. (I'm a free player)
Also is there any other way available to a free player to get shards in a garenteed fashion? Because farming the soldiers is difficult and oftentimes they don't drop anything, it's like the shards are very rare. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 22:43, December 12, 2013.
- I logged some information at Talk:The_Bird_and_the_Beast#Sacred_metal_fragments_and_Weapon_parts. 'disappears' means just that, whether it was destroyed or completely filled up does not matter. I don't know if they are F2P this time 'round or not. And there are no guaranteed ways to get fragments at this time. IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:52, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
According to today's FAQs on the end of WE2, "players will have a few weeks to redeem any cosmetic overrides they can from them, and then they will be removed from the game." I wonder if they'll actually remove them this time around (they said the same thing after BoL)... I'll be missing my stack of 5k spare fragments from BoL and 6.7k from TBatB, I want to keep them as souvenirs, even if useless... IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:14, January 23, 2014 (UTC)