- I believe so, but they hit with such variety of attack it's really hard to tell. In my experience, I used protect mage and it seemed to help me from getting hit +20's. As I DK 12:44, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
I've fought a few revenants and after a while they teleport away. Do they only do this when they're losing or just randomly? 18.104.22.168 00:55, 17 December 2007 (UTC)
- They do it when they are losing, similar to the past Player Killers. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Doomedrusher (talk).
I have no idea whether or not the Revenant Dragon exists, however I did find a few posts on the RS official forums that talked about this revenant. If someone can prove that it's a rumor, please notify me.
Doomedrusher|Talk||Contributions||Edit Count| 13:30, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
Revenants do teleport away sometimes, in my experience with them, I suggest turning on protect from magic, and running, don't stop running because the revenant will chase you. i only suggest this if your by yourself in the wilderness. If your in a group of people on the other hand, get as many of them as possible to attack the revenant, I noticed that if you do this the revenant will not focus on one target like many NPCs will, this, with food, will lower the chance of any losses, attacking in groups also makes it difficult for the revenant to run away. JU®n¥mAñ01 15:13, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
Revenant Weaknesses? Edit
--22.214.171.124 02:32, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
I haven't heard anywhere about a specific weakness, e.g the magic vulnerability a warrior-geared player has. are they more susceptible to certain attacks?
Revenants have no specific weakness, not unlike a pker.
I'm warrior-geared wearing full rune going off to fight green dragons just east of the Clan Wars hall, but this pyrefiend revenant ten levels below me is literally flattening me every time! It's really putting a massive dent in my income. Any advice?
- Revenants are susceptible to the Crumble undead spell. Also, if you wear armour with high melee and range defence and use the Protect from Magic prayer, revenants aren't really that difficult. --Drummer (speak) 14:10, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
Another solution is to train your stats outside the range of the pyrefiend--126.96.36.199 02:32, 16 July 2009 (UTC)Nub
I havent killed any, but I'd like to know if it would be worth my while to. Do any of them drop anything?
- Although this doesn't really have anything to do with the article, they're drops are bad, so they aren't worth killing. --Drummer (speak) 14:40, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
How does the Jennica's Ring modify their drops? --Danielduende 17:47, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- Supposedly doubles the chance of them dropping anything besides coins. Dorsha 08:42, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- i killed about 10, all i got was coins, all under 1k but hmm
- I've killed a couple, the lower level ones give out more worthless stuff, but ive heard they can also give out some corrupt and other rare things, such as "ancient artefacts"... -- Frodex333
Combat Level Edit
I tried to kill a Revenant Imp, but I got a message saying it was not in my Combat Level range. Is it a glitch or it there some kind of limit? Bulbear4444 00:17, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Since revenants reside in the wilderness (and were intended to replace old school PKers), they follow the PvP combat range limits. Your combat range equals your combat level +/- the level of wilderness you're in, so the deeper you venture into the wilderness, the more revenants can attack you or be attacked by you. That answer your question? --nekobawt 00:32, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- So if I'm level 62 and I'm in level 34 wildy, level 28-96 revenants can attack?
That's exactly right. 188.8.131.52 10:37, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
While doing the Ghostly Robes miniquest, i was attacked by a rev in the deep wild. I then hopped to a different world in hopes of escaping. it didnt work. in fact, i was attacked by more revs. i recently did the same thing, except talkin to the ZMI mage, in lvl 5 wildy by Edgeville. has this happened to any others? Xxtsaixx 04:35, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Are Revenant Dragons really "1 in 230"? Because, this just happened. Dorsha 08:41, 24 January 2009 (UTC) Two in the same place.
Even if the odd are 1 in 230, it's still a possibility as it is random regardless. ~
kytti khat 09:58, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
I've seen revenant dragons at least twice at the ZMI altar, on popular worlds.--Canifis 22:50, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
At the ZMI altar? That seems unlikely as the ZMI altar isn't even in the Wilderness :D I have, however, seen revenant dragons near the Mage north of Edgeville on a number of occasions.
Spawn Location Edit
The article said, WARNING: Revenants spawn almost everywhere and all kinds SPAWN in a building east inside the Western Ruins (level 23). , I don't think this is true. Could someone plz verify that?
- Also, a lot of the youtube vidoes showing players killing revenants are located at the skeleton mine and the steel mine. Is this also a common place for revenants?
Blackhole252 16:37, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
I can comment on the steel mine, it seems that revenants patrol from west to east in this area, when I was mining here a random revenant (although it was the revenant imp that seemed to pass by the most) would pass through on an average of 10 minutes between revenants.
Also, about every 40 minutes, some revenant would wander in from the north and linger for a while. My guess is that these videos are done because the steel mine is very easy to escape.
Revenant follow specific routes like they are on a patrol. Here are a few: - Spawn location at chaos teleporter wild 53, walking past chaos elemental to ardy lever and disappear. - Spawn location ardy lever, walk to mage bank and disappear at lever. - Spawn location south of pirate mine wild 50, walk past mage bank towards ardy lever (disappear point unknown).-- Ruderion (Talk) 16:45, 20 July 2009 (UTC
the most popular spawn is the western ruins AKA rev house i v seen many spawns there like -hellhound,ork,werewolf revs and many others
Regarding the runite mine.. Edit
Can someone tell me what the average time between revenants is? Anyone who has camped out in this area?
- While mining stars at pirate mine or mage bank the revenants show up around every 5-10 minutes from both directions. Killing them at their spawn location might speed this up. Camping at chaos element will get you a revenant attack around once every 15 minutes. (these times are a rough estimate) -- Ruderion (Talk) 16:48, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
They only drop money when theyr killed in f2p?? no money can be dropped on any world.Memightythor
- Calm down. And remember to sign your posts on these pages. I'm not sure why exactly. Babyvegeta93 16:49, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
New rev hunter Edit
I am a new rev hunter, i have not killed a rev once and i think i should use magic. anybody got any tips?
- Yep: Don't use Magic. Frede 05:08, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
Article neutrality? Edit
Why is the neutrality of this article in question? I don't see any posts about it.--Canifis 22:56, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
wilderness levels and revenants Edit
i rev hunt common but i spoted something realy interesting the wilderness fishing spot became a bit diferent. before some time(before the bigger updates)revenant ork was extremly rare there u fished a lot of times there for more than an hour there almoast camping and i spoted only revenant werewolfs and hobgoblins passing i saw some revenant knights too but they are common everywhere soo ill let then out...well orks should be common too but now after the updates the orks became more common in that spot then hobgoblins and i think we should update the spawning/partol places as jagex seemed to change them a bit
Weak to certain attack types? Edit
Are revenants weak to any specific attack types (stab, crush, slash)? Or are they the same against any attack type? Aeiralis 11:28, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
184.108.40.206 21:17, December 18, 2009 (UTC)DERP 93
- Using a Salve amulet (e) will increase your accuracy and strength by 20% while fighting revenants. I bring one when I go to green dragons. • Shu Nitori • (600613) talk 15:31, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
Player Killers Vs. Revenants Edit
I think the person who wrote the part of the pkers vs revs in this article was pretty annoyed that pking was taken away. It's SO biased.
Can you blame the person??? Rev's are the worst replacement for pkers, but then again not having groups of players riding your a$$ all the time can be a relief, especially while hunting greens... that is if you can avoid the CONSTANT rev appearances.
- Agreed - Its been removed 04:09, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
guide targeted at low lvls? Edit
the rev hunting guide seems to be targeted at low lvls. i know i could take out several orks and wolves and use maby 15 sharks at max. im only 109 cb- lotta people would be able to do it easier then me.
Revs- Using Protect Edit
Revies can now detect what prayer you are using. Say if you use protect from mage they will use the long distant range, if you use range they will do magic. The hard fact is that you are constantly swapping while fighting the returned ghost.
Am I safe? Edit
- No. There are dozens of Deadly red spiders, and you may run into a low levelled revenant while Mining, or on your way back to the bank. I'd suggest you bring a half inventory full of Lobsters or better. • Shu Nitori • (600613) talk 04:42, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
The article was rewritten?! Edit
Yes! Yes, it was.
75% of the old version was lists. Lists = bad. I condensed a couple of the listier sections into paragraph form, along with weeding out a lot of redundant, unnecessary, badly written, or just plain wrong information. It is much nicer now. ^^
However, there are still a couple things it needs. For one, some kind of verification of the unofficial revenant hunting worlds, as I saw different worlds listed on another article. A couple more/better images might not hurt either... perhaps one of a revenant hitting extremely high? Whatev. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 03:04, April 20, 2010 (UTC)
Revenant goblin? Edit
I don't think there's a revenant goblin at level 5, but I saw it in this article. I don't think that's the truth, never seen them. What do you think? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- The article says they're uncommon. I've never seen one, but maybe someone else here has. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 16:58, May 7, 2010 (UTC)
ive seen one in the wildy in the gravyard next to clan was Edit
UnOfficial World for Rev Hunting Edit
Guys, the official world for members is shown as 100, but this world has been offline for almost a month. On the pay to play rev hunt page world 1656 is listed as the unofficial world, please change this article to say world 166 instead of 100 as well so us rev hunters might find some company. Thanks. Cursingmonk 12:16, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Protection prayers have NO effect blocking a revenant's attacks Edit
I've tried it countless times. Revenants DO hit right through protect from magic.
- Unless I'm mistaken, Rev's change from magic to ranged, though they both look like magic attacks to me. I know using prot from magic while in melee gear greatly drops their accuracy, so I'll assume that they've swapped to range. Can anyone else confirm? Aitamen 01:03, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Using a protection prayer will make the revenant use its other two attack types only. For example, using Protect from Magic will only make the revenant use its ranged, and melee attacks. Using armour with high ranged defence bonuses will greatly protect you from their attacks. • Shu Nitori • (600613) talk 15:28, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- They do have effect. Only if you turn on the prayer BEFORE it shoots it at you.18.104.22.168 01:36, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
Red Dead Revs Edit
that map at the top leftEdit
i don't know where else to put this, but i would like to contribute somehow. there's a spawn point inside the ship that's gone ashore way to the north, between the pirates and agility course. and also, those ruined walls south of the northeasternmost volcano might be a rev spawn, or just a patrol area. i remember encountering a rev ork there at least twice. ~~moon
Level 3 Edit
My level 3 account i went to collect white berries and passed the rev multiple times, he doesn't seem to be aggresive to such a low level
- The kinds of revenants that can attack you is dependent on your combat level and what level of the wilderness you're in. For example, a revenant will never, in any way, be able to attack a level 3 player, because of the huge combat difference - even if you were to go to the level 43 wilderness... There should be a section in the article explaining it. (: 08:35, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Jennicas Ring
Anybody know if jennicas ring affects drops from revenants now that they have been changed and moved?
Moved anon edit from page to talkEdit
Note that though revenants now drop much of the PvP weapons and armour earlier found on bounty/PvP worlds, there is NO PROOF that one type of revenant drops all of the special drops. In other words, imps may only drop broken statue headdresses. As of now, it is unknown if this is true, and so it is advisable to not assume any drops in the revenant pages to be valid if their rarity is marked "unknown". —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
Well i saw a revenant dragon a few times.They hit werry strong.I always see some at the end of riwer Lum,or at the north-western side of the wilderness.
Theories worth testing? Edit
There seems to be very little specific information about revenamts... Especially since forinthry dungeon update...
Regarding revenants eating:
From observation I have found that revenants do not have a 3 tick eating delay as players do but will eat every time you hit them. They do not heal 1/10 of their hp (as the forinthry dungeon page suggests), they always heal 100. They will eat when they are below 1/2 hp. They can hit you while eating, unless their hp constantly fluctuates between under 1/2 and over 1/2. Landing 2 hits with only 1tick delay will cause both hits to land before the start of their eating. If info on knight is correct (3430 hp if not killed quickly, but 1430 hp on full health), then each revenant can heal 20 times @ 100 each time.
- If you can't hit over 50 then imp is impossible to kill unless you finish its food (dealing 2100 damage).
- If you hit 100 on any rev (other than imp) under 1/2 hp you should see no change in its hp bar.
- Slow, hard-hitting weapons are better if you want to kill them before they finish their food.
- Unless you can sync your attacks, having a team does not necessarily make kills faster as most likely you will have to finish the 2000hp that the rev can heal before killing it.
- By using unsync shortbow attacks that land frequently can significantly reduce how often revs attempt to hit you.
Some other things:
Unlike PKers, and similiar to other monsters, revenants will be tolerant after 10 minutes. However this is much less useful as it is very easy to run out of your tolerance zone, and is generally necessary when you accidentally attack a high level rev. Also it's much harder to stay within one screen for 10 minutes as there are no absolute safe spots and if they pile then you really can't stay... But if you do manage this then many weaknesses can be exploited for easier or safer kills.
Dark beast and knight are generally not worth killing. Ork can be hit quite frequently but dark beast seems to get a massive defence boost (which seems quite logical since they have similar accuracy and max hits but dark beast is 15cb higher, and if considered like the stats of a player that's 60 defence levels -.-). I find that cyclops is the best considering the reward to risk factor.
Regarding their random teleing when you hide, its just that, they're random. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't, even under indentical circumstances.
Protect prays are a waste of time. They hit hard with everything regardless (except the little ones, but you don't need to pray against them), and they will NEVER hit you with what you're praying against. If you want to pray make it incredible reflexes/ultimate strength/eagle eye.
Equipment is much more important to consider. I saw a 124 using a nice setup for melee: rune full helm - power amulet - team cape - rune scimitar - green d'hide body - rune kiteshield - monk robe bottom - green d'hide vambraces - leather boots. Covers everything. If ranging then nothing beats the classic range setup: coif - team cape - power amulet - maple shortbow (or sighted long?) - green d'hide body - green d'hide chaps - green d'hide vambraces - leather boots. This setup has more range and magic defence so they'll mage you anyway. Just don't let them melee you.
Regarding drops, I seem to get one good drop every 2 trips, and each trip usually lasts at least 2 hours -.-
N.B. All testing done on free-to-play worlds. This is probably mostly irrelevant to pay-to-play revenant killing.
126.96.36.199 03:31, June 18, 2011 (UTC)爱伦
Rev drops changed in May. Important? Edit
On this thread, MOD Ash, the wise old man haha, (Here's QFC) 15-16-965-63412311 states that drop rates were changed in May. It's coming from official Jagex source so..Is this important? or something minor? I hope this might be useful info? If you need on-hand reference..here you go sir!
Revenant drops haven't changed since May, if that's what you mean.
Also, regarding F2P rev hunting, I've never tested the following theory, but it may be useful .. hopefully? (If this is copyright please forgive for I am not familiar with those rules.98-99-206-63280757
Hello everyone, I'm f2p, I've never rev hunted before and I'm interested in doing so.
Before I go on a suicidal rampgae I thought it would be a good idea to know as much as I can.
If you can help me out i'd really appreciate it,
~~first off, my levels.
Combat Level 90
Obviously higher stats would prove helpful but are my current stats satisfactory or should I do some more training? What would you recommend?
~~Secondly, Fighting styles
From what I understand maging is not an option, if this is incorrect please let me know
So what I'd like to know now is melee or ranging?
as my range level is quite pathetic I'd assume melee would be my best option but if ranging is typically better then I'll level it up
I've heard that a typical melee setup is comrised of
green dhide body legs, and vambraces, a rune scim, kite and 2h, power amulet. Head gear??
is this true or are other things recomended?
What about Strength pots and food? number of pots and swordies? or other food options?
~~Lastly, Fighting the revs?
Is there a strategy to fighting revs?
Should i switch from a scim to a 2h, if so when?
how should i ration my food and pots?
when should I use prayer?
Should i only use protection prayers? or should i use other prayers such as eagle eye or ultimate strength?
pretty much thats what i'd like to know any answers and suggestions are much appreciated
Melee would be the best fighting style for you.
The ideal melee rev set up is:
Head: Runecrafter hat / Coif
Torso: Green dhide body
Legs: Green dhide chaps
Hands: Rune gauntlets
Weapon: Gravite rapier
Shield: Tome of Frost
This maximises magic defence and melee offence. Without the dungeoneering items you will be less effective in revenant hunting.
Strength potions are useful. As for food I recommend using anchovy pizza. It heals more than swordfish per inventory slot.
Using protection prayers has no effect. Revs mage by default. If you pray mage, they will use range. Using 10% attack or strength prayers is a better idea.
Hey. I was windering what revenants do if you have no weakness?188.8.131.52 17:17, February 7, 2013 (UTC)