Runecrafting Requirement? Edit
So my runecrafting is below 65 which is the requirement to craft death runes I think. Do I need 65 RC to use the death talisman on the mysterious ruins?? Also, as a suggestion, clarify this on the requirement section of the guide.
No discussion on this one surprises me... Why after getting the new crystal can you not skip all the mirrors and colored crystals and skip right to the death alter via the abyss? Get the new crystal energized, go back to the temple of light use it on the black crystal and call it a day... Has anyone tried this and know if it works or not? It seems much too easy. Nubricon
- i don't know about that....MAYBE it's possible, but just for people that has done an certain part of the quest...not just chargin the crystal. I'll get right to it to see if i can. I've got the newly made crystal and didn't do most of the quest(just done 'till the blue crystal). Let's see. P.S.: I've tried and this doesn't works... it says that an strange power blocks your exit.--
01:05, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- That does not work, you can only access the death altar through the abyss after you finish the quest. That's the sole reason I did the quest for. King Muumuu 21:59, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
Can't you use that way through the Underground Pass? Piekid70 20:57, 9 March 2009 (UTC) (20:55, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
So my runecrafting is below 65 which is the requirement to craft death runes I think. Do I need 65 RC to use the death talisman on the mysterious ruins?? Also, as a suggestion, clarify this on the requirement section of the guide.Edit
I don't really think we should emphasize how this quest is the hardest one: I'd rather say this is the most frustrating, because of this agility obstacle that you need to pass twice with an incredibly high rate of failure (unless your agility level is in the 70-80+?). Otherwise, the quest contains no chance of dying, if you are careful enough (melee protect or barrow armour, always some spare food, telepor out before running out of supplies): after all, the agility failure deal only 5 damage, and the only foes you'll see often are lots of lvl 73 shades who only hit up to 15. Of course, the maze is totally very hard... so I'd rather say this is one of the hardest quests. Patheticcockroach(Talk) 16:08, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- Lol, yeah. I thought Monkey Madness was harder than this. Other than the Agility obstacle (which took me 4-5 tries for the first time, then one try the second time), I think this is a medium-level quest. I didn't even use a single prayer potion, just lots of monks... The maze of okay overall, not too challenging, compared to the Monkey Madness puzzle, or the Dealing with Scabaras one. So, what's with all the hype, this being the hardest quest? I wonder why I didn't do this quest sooner? 14:36, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
Hand Holds Edit
Im on the part where i hafta go across the hand holds the second time and ive fallen at least 20 times..i have 59 agil and drink a agil pot and i weigh 1kg but nothing seems to help..anyone have ne tips?? Thrasher6920 02:31, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- nvm finally got it
Mentioning as hardest quest on main page Edit
It mentions on the main page that some people think this is the hardest quest in the game. I find that disputable. Certainly without a quest guide it could very well be the hardest. But with its simply about having enough prayer potions until you can read the entire guide. I found Dealing with Scabaras substantially harder than this quest. I actually believe that many persons with their quest capes honestly just say it's hardest and so taxing to scare players who want to do it. --Whiplash 11:18, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- Here's a poll.
http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?20,21,705,57389372,goto,1 Currently, Mourning's Ends part II is winning.
- I just did the handholds, and I did it in ONE! freakin' time... Yes, just one try. Now I have to do it the second time, and it already took me 20 tries. Dealing with Scarabs is not that hard... What part do you think is hard? I rather think this quest is hard, since those shadows... and all that work...
The crystal collecter Edit
Why does it say there's nothing in there?
- There's a small lever right in front of it, you need to pull it before collecting the mirrors/crystals.
hay guys just comparing RuneHQ and sals realm to our guide on this quest they are lot easier because they use pictures, maybe some one could map it for us and do the same it would make the guide alot easier to read if people want i can do it but im not going to change the whole article unless some people agree that it needs more pics =)
02:21, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
I agree it needs more pics. For any average player who uses quest guides from websites (like me), I would pick the one that shows detalied images of the quest/puzzles/etc. I'm halfway through this quest, and I needed another quest guide in addition to this one to see what to do next. Some may use wiki's guides, while others would maybe use Sal's Realm or Zybez (to be exact).220.127.116.11 14:32, June 28, 2011 (UTC)ninjastreak2
Death tiara Edit
Anyone know if a death tiara works? I'm close to finishing the quest but am struggling to get hold of a talisman if i dont get one by the time i get to the end then ill try the tiara, but it would be nice to know in advance if it works.16:23, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
- It's been a while since the poster asked, but the only thing important is the ability to get to the runecrafting altar from the ruins. Any Death or Omni artifact (talisman, tiara, or staff) can do that. I've updated the Details to reflect that. A death tiara will worth also...so if you have one, use it!--Saftzie 21:35, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
Magenta door and green pillars Edit
Green crystal is fused in there, guide says to turn a mirror in there south, but It can't ut it in as it is full (because of green crystal). Not sure what to do from this point on. Coelacanth0794 Talk 16:43, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Good for you, dood, but i'm still stuck there! I´ve tried restart the level, switching off the light, logging out and in, then searching before putting the mirror, logging out and in, then putting the mirror first thing...18.104.22.168 01:48, September 27, 2011 (UTC)
This is by far, the most frustrating quest and probably hardest quest i have ever done.
I had to do the obstacle 3 times and failed at the 3rd one because i got confused in the text and it appears i added an extra mirror somewhere. And now i had to restart it.
I hate this quest. Never going to do it.16:06, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
I agree that the guide is a bit confusing at times. (no one erase this because it is true. )
light dissapearing after going to the top floor Edit
When i reflect the light up during the magenta and yellow doors part, the light goes up but when i go to the top floor i can't find it anywere. I reflected the light up at the picture (from the spoiler) says . 17:03, February 2, 2011 (UTC)
I just did the magenta door and went back to the crystal collector. I could not pull it, and going up and down the stairs did not work, neither did logging out. How can I make it so I can pull the collector?
Very long? Edit
I did this quest in "just" 140 minutes.
Seems more like a "long" quest to me?
- I did it in under a 100 minutes. I'm also a high level and didn't have to bank at all. I'm going to change it to long-very long. Dsctatom 09:47, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Agility Obstacle Edit
Right now, I'm up to the handholds part and i fell 15-20 times. My agility level is 65 (68 with an agility potion) and i can't even get to the chest without failing. I dropped my mourner's clothes and still fail. What is the fail chance of this agility obstacle and what is the recommended agility level for it? This is reallly getting frustrating. =)22.214.171.124 13:02, June 28, 2011 (UTC)ninjastreak2
- The recommended level for this is about 70 Agility, and a better choice to use here would be Summer Pies since they give +5 level in Agility so you have a better change at the handholds and plus they heal you :P , Shouldn't take long using Summer Pies at that level, 10-15 tires should do it. (Rough Estimate) 13:12, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
- nvm..i got it right now on the hmmmm....20th try. My advice would be to keep trying over and over until you succeed. (if you have agility lower than 70-80) I don't have any food left but i made it.126.96.36.199 13:17, June 28, 2011 (UTC)ninjastreak2
Not exactly the hardest quest... Edit
Mourning's Ends part 2 (MEP2) might be taxing in my opinion, but compared to others..its not that bad. The handholds and shadows were annoying, but the rest is easy. Monkey madness, desert treasure, and the 3 grandmasters are the hardest quests. I think that the statement saying that this is the hardest quests can be counteracted by many other players who have successfully completed this quest. This exaggerated statement is possibly scaring other players into avoiding MEP2. It is true that a high agility level is needed; guaranteed if a player has under 60 agility will become frustrated extremely easily.
And now i will babble and cross it out.
Missing Edern's journal & a colour wheel? Edit
In the Starting Out section, after the cut scene, it says, "Search the corpses of the digging team to get Edern's journal and a colour wheel. Read the journal." While in the cut scene, I had a dialog pop up, and before I could even read it, I was attacked by a Shadow. I saw the name Arianwyn. I searched all 6-7 corpses (I forgot how many), just outside the entrance. They all said the exact same thing, something like, "This man died with nothing." I had free inventory spaces. I forgot to remove an Explorer's ring, would that have affected anything? Anyways, went to Arianwyn, and seems like I am asked to do something new. Recharging my Tiny elf crystal, banking other items but those listed, and I'll try this again. Warp9pnt9 21:14, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Ignore that, there was one I did not see, propped up against a wall. Go the items. Warp9pnt9 21:30, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Sam I Am NotSamiamnot525 05:28, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
Magenta and Yellow Doors Edit
Hi everyone. I am at the point in the quest where I need to get through the magenta and yellow doors. I followed all the steps exactly, but it is not letting me enter the yellow door. I even have a blue beam aimed right at it. Did anyone else encounter this? I'm wondering if it is a glitch or if I am doing something wrong