Charm log Edit
Says 100 charms dropped at once, surely this should say 1... 18.104.22.168 17:57, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
Max Hit Edit
Is the max hit 69 as it says on this page, or 71 like it says on the God Wars Dungeon page? We need to correct the wrong one. If somebody could sort this out thank you. Santairo talk 19:47, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
I've heard other players mention Kree'arra hitting 71 on them. Ch1lled Socks 22:55, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- No. Max hits are constant, they are the same with 1 defence no armour as with 99 defence statius's armour. A few items reduce max hits, but they are exceptions to the rule (divine and elysian spirit shields, yak hide armour against ice trolls...). 12:35, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Does the kill count even if you leave the dungeon, because on www.youtube.com some videos show the top right corner kill count and some are just 0. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Getunreal96 (talk) on 07:50, December 21, 2008.
- No, when you leave the dungeon (by any means) "You feel the powers of those slain drain from your body" or something like that. 22:41, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
Second paragraph, last sentence: "On the other hand, he cannot hit as hard as the other God Wars bosses as long as the player uses the Protect from Range prayer." Does this mean it can hit through prayer with ranged? --King x treme 01:05, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure, but if protect from ranged prayer gives full protection (as it does with most monsters) he can only damage you with a magic attack, which maxes at 25. 10:09, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Kree'arra can hit through Protect from Range. So no, this is not worded wrong.
- No, Kree'arra can not hit with range through protect from range. Which was what he was asking. He can, however, hit you with mage while you are praying range. Which is why you wear high magic defence armour.
dragon darts? Edit
Would dragon darts be another possible strategy since diamond bolts only hit a max around 40 for my level, and dragon darts hit about 15 for my level. Dragon darts hit around 3-4 times faster which can add up to well over 40 damage. So i think it could be a possible strategy =]--Kodeman76 03:43, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- People use diamond bolts because it ignores range defense, if you happen to use dragon darts, you might soon find yourself hardly hitting and losing tons of money on the darts. =) Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 04:16, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Hilt drop rate Edit
Tank victim at Kree Edit
Whenever a group goes to kill Kree there is one person being picked out by the monsters to become the favorate target. Kree is always facing that one person in battle. Whenever that person hits one of the minions that minion immediately turns to that person and starts attacking it. Because of this that one person receives far more damage than any of the other party members. This is undisputably true as it is observed by my clan after 10k+ hours at Kree.
Now i am wondering if anyone knows what determines who is going to be the tank victim?
This is not random, does not depend on KC, total level, experience, sequence to enter the room, or game time from login.
Does anyone have a clue what determines this? If it is controlable the tanker can prepare for it. -- Ruderion (Talk) 12:23, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
It may be determined by IP, or whatever they changed it to, similar to how some people can grab the flag in castle wars faster than others? --Mtr374 00:15, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- It is not IP. Two people who dual and keep the same IP can switch as tank on different days.-- Ruderion (Talk) 20:06, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I have heard that the person who is wearing the least amount of Armadyl items is the one who is usually focused on my kree'arra and also the minions.
- I was in with a group yesterday, and towards the end I was constantly being targeted by Kree'arra and its minions, I had to use 3 doses of brew every kill even though we were 7. I was wearing two armadyl armour pieces, as much as most and more than some.
I've noticed that when on a floor in Daemonheim (Dungeoneering), I end up tanking the boss almost every time. This is espcially noticeable when combatting the 'Bulwark Beast' and the 'Runed Behemoth.' However, it is not limited to these two. Could this be the same? I thought that maybe IP made sense? Any other ideas?
There is no tank for Kree'arra. He just attacks multiple people at once. I've had a trio party at Armadyl, and I've noticed that she just faces at random targets in the chamber. It faced me (i wore one item), and another person (using a Pernix cowl/Armadyl chestplate) and another person at times. Dungeonmaster12 (talk) 13:28, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
Easier kills Edit
"The melee attack is only used if nobody's attacking him." So, he only attacks with melee at spawn? Does that mean that teams and soloers could use black salamanders without taking melee hits from Kree? Does anyone ever do this? It would make sense, because the melee option for sallies would play into the combat triangle, and use cheaper ammo.
a black salamander wouldn't work very well, as Kree's attacks push the players around.
Clue scrolls Edit
Are lvl 3 clues dropped as well as 4? Henneyj 14:14, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, Kree can drop both.
Drop rates of items Edit
Does anyone know a rough estimate of the drop rates of Armadyl armour, hilt and shards?22.214.171.124 11:39, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Maging him Edit
The article is very heavy with information and recommendations on using Ranged on Kree'arra, but there's almost nothing at all pertaining to using Magic. So I would like to hear some information on maging him. I've had some thoughts that I would like to share, but they need input from people who have experience fighting Kree'arra.
For starters, I don't think his minions would be a lot of trouble. The melee bodyguard could be bound (Entangle or Ice Barrage), the ranged bodyguard wouldn't be a problem as you'd be praying Protect from Ranged because of Kree'arra's doomsday attacks, and the magic bodyguard could likely just be tanked, as Magic robes do, at least, give good bonuses to Magic defence. And I don't know about the bodyguards themselves, but I found out last night that regular aviansies, even those that are level 130+, are about as good at resisting Magic attacks as the Barrows brothers. Fire Surge devastated them, and this was with Dagon'hai robes on. If aviansies as a whole are nowhere near Magic-resistant, I wonder whether Kree'arra's minions could be taken down with it.
Kree'arra himself is another matter. His Ranged attack is pure evil, but again, it would be prayed against. His Magic attack... well, the article says it's the weakest, so hopefully it could be tanked like his maging bodyguard. The melee attack is what worries me: apparently it can hit twice in succession for up to 260 each hit? That's killer. The obvious answer, of course, is to bind him with Entangle or Ice Barrage, then move out of his melee range. Experienced Kree'arra slayers, would this work?
The other concern I have is the accuracy of spells against Kree'arra. I took a trip with clanmates to K'ril, the Zamorak boss, and brought Void mage because I figured that as a greater demon, K'ril would be weak to Magic. Um, no; turns out he's extremely Magic-resistant. (It could also be that Void mage is simply useless against high-level bosses, and I could have done better by wearing Dagon'hai or better.) Now, as I said, aviansies themselves are pretty weak to Magic, but this doesn't mean Kree'arra is. At K'ril I was getting an accuracy rate of something like one out of fifteen or twenty casts; assuming I wore Dagon'hai or better robes, if I didn't hit much more against Kree'arra than K'ril, it wouldn't be anything close to worth it.
I have 99 Magic, 90 Defence, and 90 Constitution. I've also got 80 Prayer, so I can run either Leech Defence or Leech Magic, depending on which is more effective. (Using both at once plus Deflect Missiles would be a really huge drain on prayer points.) How should I go about maging this beast? Oh, and please don't just answer with "mage sucks, use range", because overall (not just in Kree'arra's case) that is a stereotype which I would like to disprove. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 02:50, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Lawl. Let's go and test it - I've never heard of anyone using any tactic other than ranging at Kree. (; 02:57, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Very interesting. Maybe I should try this next time. Coelacanth0794 Talk 03:05, January 24, 2011 (UTC)
Melee Attack Edit
In hundreds of armadyl soloes, and thousands of kree kills, in which he's hit me with melee a vast number of times, I have never noticed being hit twice by his melee attack. I'm really not sure this is true :S - 1silversword, 30/10/2011 16:03 GMT
Strategy page. Edit
Most bosses have a strategy page to help decrease all the clutter. If someone wouldn't mind could you make one for this page to? God vivec1 15:23, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Go ahead, Be Bold. Make sure to title it properly and that when you copy-paste off the Kree'ara page you get all the coding you need. 15:25, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
Just looking over the page.... Edit
I was looking over the strategy page and noticed that all the reqs are defense levels. Can I suggest changing these to magic levels? As the main thing when fighting kree is magic defense, which, Is mostly based on your magic level. Just a thought. God vivec1 23:30, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
I think the magic attack is magical ranged. I don't have a lot of info to support this but when i maged Kree those blue tornados kept wrecking me for some reason, while my teammates were using ranged armor and rarely got hit by it. No way i keep getting hit over 150+ almost all the time them blue tornadoes keep coming at me. Dungeonmaster12 (talk) 13:25, July 28, 2012 (UTC)
Smoke runes are usually dropped by the minions.09:26, July 10, 2014 (UTC)