Just got the Sword, lvl 102. Took about 4 attempts, only a super set prayer pots and rocktail.. Pretty dang happy. Name is Namewhere, let me know if you know anyone a lower lvl then I. 2/3/2012
^ I've seen lvl 80's with it... Hannes E N 17:17, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
I have a slight suspicion that Korasi's sword is the Valluta...Jampolo 22:40, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh! I hadn't thought of that. Interesting theory. I'm feeling that Professor Melville is the "Wizard" that's helping the Kinshra. 22:42, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
must do not be due?
Attack Rate: standard
Weight 0.9 kg
Stats Bonus Against Pest Edit
Any speculation if the sword has a hidden bonus when used with complete void or elite void?18:30, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
high 900's? really? (letspoint)
- I've seen people say that it hits 50% extra on pest creatures with full void. I'll be getting the elite set now and I'll test and see whether there is a noticeable increase in damage and reply back here 19:58, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I've tried both sets and it seems that all the talk of hitting massive amounts is just talk. It's similar to the Dragon Scimitar in stats and it's a good stab weapon for those without chaotic weapons and it seems that that's the sum of it. 20:48, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I was hoping it would... It doesn't seem to be any better than the Dragon Scimitar/Longsword-ish area. Xhanort7 12:47, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
I tested the sword against Gargoyle's while I had them on a Slayer task and with the special attack, I rarely hit under 400 points of damage. --00:22, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Could someone get a recording of the weapon special hitting multiple enemies?-- Peckham33 Talk 01:17, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Only one is needed to demonstrate the effect of the special. Ryan PM 02:51, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I have this feeling that its going to be called "chain lightning" or something, given its effect :P 188.8.131.52 08:00, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Here's an image for the special hitting multiple enemies, if anyone wants to add this. RedWingz 21:23, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Multi-hitting large NPCsEdit
Is it possible to hit large NPCs which, need a 2x2 or larger area, due to the chain lightning effect. Theoretically it can hit one square of the NPC and jump to another square ot that NPC and finnally hit a 3rd square of this NPC. So, has anyone tested this yet? 13:55, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Wielding Picture...? Edit
The picture of a player wielding the sword has the old facial style. Unless I am missing something, how is that even possible? Combat newb 15:06, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Korasi's sword is released before the facial update, at the same time as the first void quest. 15:31, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- This is a picture of a player wielding Korasi's sword.
- the sword weighs 27 kg? ouch, that will slow a player down(please tell me that guy was packing alot of armor in his inv)
Someone should addEdit
That although Korasi's sword has much higher requirements (78 Atk/Str rather than 60 Atk) than the dragon longsword, its stats are actually slightly worse. However, it hits slightly faster (the same speed as a dagger).
- I'm not sure this is relevant. High speed weapons having lower stats than slow weapons isn't really an indication of anything.Big Bouffant 16:18, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
special attack offical infoEdit
from: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/special_attacks just above pvp wepons start.
Korasi's sword Disrupt In singleway combat, this attack will hit one opponent for anything between 50-150% of your max hit. In multiway combat, this attack hits three opponents once each, the damage caused halving with each subsequent hit.-- Peckham33 Talk 17:30, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Protect over chaotic weapons? Edit
Does anyone knows if this sword protects over chaotic rapier and other chaotic weapons? Because it would be beast if it doesn't.
It does protect over chaotic weapons as its alchemy Value is 150k
even after the update?
Rapier + maul protects over korasi.
Tormented demons? Edit
Can someone actually see if when the spec is used in a tormented demon, the TD prays mage or melee?
- just seeing if it hits past protect from melee would probably be good enough.(and please sign your posts)-- Peckham33 Talk 23:37, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- yes i tried it.....if u hit anything higher than 320 it will change to protect magic....thought not sure if it hit throu melee protect :P
In the Trivia it states "Due to its Strength bonus, this sword is now the strongest non-Dungeoneering one-handed stab weapon, beating the previous holder of the title, the leaf-bladed sword, by 20 points."...yet the Dragon Longsword is 1 handed with stab with 1 more strength... So I don't think that trivia is accurate. Bio 19:29, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
- The Dragon Longsword has a lower stab attack bonus, however. --Klay king61 03:19, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
- The korasi sword is 7 lower stab attack bonus then the leafblade. Coelacanth0794 Talk 16:38, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
- The Korasi Sword is faster than the Dragon Longsword and stronger than the Leaf-Bladed Sword. I think it's the title is well-given. Notoriousthief 20:00, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Korasi's sword is slash/slash/stab/slash, the same as the dragon longsword. Any criterion you use to discount the longsword disqualifies Korasi's from the discussion as well, which is kind of pointless, since this discussion is about Korasi's in the first place. --Saftzie (talk) 22:04, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with User:Notoriousthief, plus in addition that the special attack is better. I 1 20 13:14, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not really an issue that requires judgment. "Strongest, one-handed stab weapon:" the longsword is one-handed, has a stab attack, and is stronger than any other non-DG, one-handed, stab weapons. Since the longsword also has a special attack, you can't even say Korasi's is the "strongest, one-handed stab weapon with a special attack." What you can say objectively about Korasi's is that it's stronger than a scimitar and more accurate than a scimitar at slash, while being as fast as a scimitar, but that's a different topic. --Saftzie (talk) 20:18, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- The entire comparison seems pointless to me. None of us actually know the game mechanics underlying the relationship between weapon stats, enemy defenses and the resulting average damage per set amount of time. With that in mind, what exactly does "best stab weapon" even mean? Does it mean "the weapon capable of dealing the most damage to an enemy weak against stab attacks"..? The holder of that title might be different depending on what all the defenses of the enemy are and on the attack level of the player. Anything more precise than "This weapon is a powerful stab weapon with a very good special attack" is just plain misleading. Big Bouffant 21:09, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- It's sort of for those reasons that I think it's misleading to say one weapon is "better" than another. Usually the best you can say is that one weapon is "preferred" over another for some given purpose. There are enough variables between weapons and opponents that different weapons would be preferred in different situations. However, for this discussion, I think we can compare apples to apples, but it's important to maintain focus. Korasi's sword has the general characteristics of a longsword, but it's faster, more accurate, and weaker than a dragon longsword. Also, although Korasi's beats the leaf-bladed sword for strength, the leaf-bladed sword still beats Korasi's for stab accuracy. If we stop there and say nothing more, we're still dealing with only facts, not conjecture or opinion. --Saftzie (talk) 22:39, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Not to confuse matters further, but the Staff of light is a one-handed weapon with a stab attack and beats the Dragon longsword by +1 for strength, bumping Korasi's to third place. --Saftzie (talk) 23:37, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
Special Attack EditI have noticed that it is entirely possible for me to hit less that 50% of my max hit with the special, at least in the duel arena. I have hit many times under 100 damage, when my max is about 400. Is the special different against players? Or is the duel arena somehow multicombat even though you can only attack the one you challenged? 17:39, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I know that the Summoning-Enabled portion of the arena is multi-combat, so that may be where you've been fighting. But yeah, the special is different, when changed from single- to multi-combat areas. In multi, it's just the chain-lightning effect. There's no damage boost or specific range for it to hit in, it just bounces. (Though it won't bounce from players to familiars, I've noticed.)
- 20:18, March 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Why the fuck do i just hit like 38s with spec in pc?!!?
99% sure it got nerfed right before i got it...
as of today i hit a 3-1 with it, and my max hit (based on calc) is 333
half my hits have been below 150, and alot of them dont chain (probably because they target allies instead of enemies)
people can still argue over the max, but the 50% minimum got knocked down 184.108.40.206 06:40, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- You were probably in a multicombat area, where the 50% minimum does not apply. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 07:01, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah i was in multi, diddn't know that the damage changed so drastically. Is the 50% minimum still unapplicable if the spec only hits one person in multi? (with nobody else nearby?) 220.127.116.11 20:16, November 12, 2010 (UTC) (same person, different comp)
- The special hits somewhere between 50% to 150% of your max hit even in multicombat areas. If other monster are around, the hit on the second is half of the first monster's hit. And if 3 are there, you hit 50% to 150% of your max hit on the first, half the hit you did onto the first onto the second, and half the hit you did onto the second onto the third.
1st monster 2nd monster 3rd monster Hit 100 50 25
20:38, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
- This isn't that page for that... but WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 19:42, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
Differences in holding stance Edit
I've noticed a significant difference in the way players hold korasi's sword compared to other weapons. Example can be seen here:
File:Korasis sword stance.gif
--Oniplayer 06:58, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- That's not really unique to the Korasi's Sword. Basically all the Longswords from Bronze to Dragon and every scimitar except the recently updated Dragon Scimitar use the same idle animation. However, I'm hoping that Jagex might do something about that particular idle animation since it's rather odd when you're wielding a shield as well. *crosses fingers* 07:12, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
Make some redirections to this page, I don't know how: KS, Korasis, Korasis Sword, K Sword. Thank you!Masterbow 15:28, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
incorrect trivia Edit
erm the page says that this is 1 of the 2 npc named weapons, but after the blood pack 3 more npc named weapons where added, not sure whether i should edit cus im new =P 18.104.22.168 00:42, January 11, 2011 (UTC)
"Many people" Edit
I've noticed that several articles on Runescape Wiki (such as this one) have references to completely subjective opinions, which are then backed up with the nondescript "many people think". Where are the sources? Where are these "many" people? I don't think such statements should be included with articles under any circumstances. It looks just really unprofessional, of the likes of "me and my friends think and you should too".
- I don't get it. Buzz (Talk • # • √ • P ) 14:30, March 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Those are called weasel words, by the way
People call Korasi's Sword "Prod Stick", "250k godsword" and "Prod Sword".
Someone deleted those, I think that he shouldn't, cause people really use those names for korasi's.
What do you think?
- I agree, although they are somewhat "insults" towards the wielder that IS what it's called a lot. The Wiki is for information about the item not moderating namecalling people or items. Vote: put it back.
- Please read Forum:AKA. Btw, I'm not a "he". (: 04:53, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- No support.
Many people call Korasi's sword as "Korasi" or "Prod Stick". You all know "Korasi", but prod stick is what pkers call it. Because its so overpowered in pk, and someone who is "Product" is using just something(korasi, ags, ...) to get kills, and he can't pk with anything else.
- Please read Forum:AKA. 04:53, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Someone Keeps Vandalising Edit
I am wielding a Korasi's sword and a ring of vigor right now, and using the special attack reduces my special bar from 100% to 46%, a difference of 54%. The ring does reduce the cost by 10%, and 10% of 60 is 6. But somebody is repeatedly editing it to say 55%. It is not really game-changing, but can something be done so that they can't keep editing this in?
KS spec on Gano and its' 53% mage soak
Relevant stats Edit
I think it would be useful if somebody mentioned what stats, as in both skill levels and equipment bonuses, affect the accuracy and potential damage (in single-combat) of Korasi's. Just my thoughts; I'd do it, but I'm a horrible tester. 22.214.171.124 20:34, June 11, 2012 (UTC)