There is currently no official Jagex response to how this item is released, so it's all speculation.ThetaZero 03:36, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
for the katana...Edit
will players still be able to get it by redeeming the 90/100 day card? i don't want to miss this vanity item :[03:34, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
We'll see once it's confirmed as to how it's obtained. It may be unreleated to game cards.ThetaZero 03:36, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
points invald at the katana for people that had truble geting flaming skull why? i just seen a person in ge with both he tele'd away and i didnt see his name but it was w2... but yah im teleing around looking for him now
some one has confirmed it is not from vanity cards it is something else someone got a golden katana without the prepaid card
can we semi-protect this page?Edit
too much vandalism for its own good.
EDIT #2: this page SERIOUSLY needs some sort of protection, this spam is just nearly out of control.
04:03, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
According to a friend of mine the katana is not from the vanity card as his friend got one and did not redeem a code
i asked the very same person and confirmed the rumor was false about the code so people with it are attempting to lie about it to prevent others from getting it
Another Possibility Edit
To contribute to what I know, from Twitter I have been told that people who are being chosen for the 50k slots for the combat beta are receiving it. I have no idea if this is fully true or not, but I just wanted to add the possibility for consideration.
@stsquiggy on Twitter22.214.171.124 10:07, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
- When I first saw this page I immediately thought of the combat beta. I think you might be right. 126.96.36.199 12:06, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
Updated with new information Edit
go to qfc 291-292-15-63816506 on rs forums and a jmod is saying golden katana info will be out soon13:37, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
How did the guy in the pic? Edit
how did the guy in the pic get one? did that person submit the pic or some one else? Heavyoak 15:17, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
theres been quite a few given out to a few people, not many people know how they got it though15:19, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I took the image of the person who posed for the image. He said that he was not able to claim the Flaming skull when he redeemed the 90 day membership card, so he got a katana to make up for it. -- SpineTalk 15:41, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Spine, that theory has already been proven false, as several people who received Golden katanas have stated that they never purchased nor redeemed a game card, yet they received Golden katanas regardless. Also, at least one player has been seen wearing both a Flaming skull and a Golden katana, which would be impossible if Jagex were giving Golden katanas to those who didn't receive a Flaming skull as the player would have the katana instead of the skull, but not both. Basically, the person who told you that is either misinformed or intentionally lying about why he received one, so I'd recommend not trusting what anyone says about why they received a Golden katana unless a Jagex mod happens to explain the reasoning behind why some people received katanas and others didn't. Cheers, mate. 18:51, June 23, 2012 (UTC)
That the golden katana was given to people who went to get a game card for the flaming skull, but got one from the wrong store. No Jagex source for this, just a plausible (in my eyes) explanation. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 22:05, June 24, 2012 (UTC)
- That would imply that Jagex had a fully developed item just lying around in case something like this happened. Not only is this unlikely it is a reversal of what has been stated for previous promotions, such as when cards were purchased online instead of in store which nullified the promotion. I have a hard time believing it. Cåm 22:25,24/6/2012 (UTC)
not from game cards Edit
not from game cards the katana is.
I bought my card, got the skull, no golden katana. Heavyoak 12:58, June 26, 2012 (UTC)
How to get Katana Edit
I made the edit on runewiki page but it got removed, to get get Golden Katana you must link your RuneScape account with Amazon.com with a 90-days or 180-days Membership before October 6, 2012.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AX06ZI/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail Edit: Sorry about that, filled in Alchemy and Destroy on the page. Anything else i can inform about?
188.8.131.52 23:49, July 12, 2012 (UTC)Mumfy
- The edits you made were removed because you didn't provide the source. However, now that you have done so, the information will be added to the article. Thank you very much for clearing up this mystery. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 23:53, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
be careful Edit
I added my rs account to my amazon account and got the 90 day, but when I logged on to the forums, my members date was reset. instead of showing jan 2007, it now shows july 2012.