The level requirement at the top of the page is wrong. The firemaking requirement stats 52, but it's 85 for 'no smoke without pyre'. The total level changes to 1415 respectively.
For the summoning point recharging section, attacking a dust devil in the Chaos Tunnles without the proper equipment will effectively reduce all of your stats to a dangerously low level, including summoning. Just make sure you can teleport away without useing Magic.
22.214.171.124 14:50, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
Why the HELL were both the Faaldor and Fremmenik Diaries reverted?!
They're out! The pages were pretty good when I looked them over a while ago, and then someone decides to vandalize them by making it look as though they're not out yet? 126.96.36.199 19:27, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
I'm not sure what you're talking about. They appear for me.
Some noob needs to be banned. It said before that the rewards for the hard tasks are nothing at all!
Rollback person, ban some noob!
Mjs961 01:51, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Isn't there a way to make money now (after update of12th december) from selling flatpack to him for more then what we can pay for making thems?
Can Someone add a list of items needed for easy/med/hard task like there is in the other diary pages and on quests? it helps a ton -Randify 11:24 AM 16 February 2009 (EST)
Who added the "have 99 strength" thing? ~Eilios
Well, I'm pretty proud of myself, I just did major edits to the guide to help us do the diary =).04:29, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- You have to actually rt click and "listen to shouting match" - simply listening doesn't cut it. Rich Farmbrough, 16:07 21 March 2010 (GMT).
I'm not sure why, buy I killed like ten trolls on Neitz. but it wouldnt register. After the first one of Jatiz., however, it worked. Any ideas? Green Birds 01:12, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
Summoning drain Edit
You can drain summoning and thus complete the diary if you are level 1.
Confirm Mangled Bones?Edit
I've used Mangled boned on each pyre site with Fremennik boots (3) on. But doing that did not complete Otto's training. Is it correct Mangled bones work, and I'm doing something wrong, or are Chewed bones the only way to complete his training?04:36, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
Elite rewards? Edit
The elite rewards include being able to toggle the seal of passage off. It makes a note that this will not apply to the astral alter teleport tablet. However, the tablet's page gives contradictory information. I am not high enough levels to test it for myself, so can somebody test and make the appropriate corrections on whichever page needs it? BeautifullyFragile 07:11, March 25, 2011 (UTC)
New hard task? Edit
I see they added a new hard task, to unlock a lunar spell on the livid farm. Yet I obtained a pair of Fremmenik Sea Boots 3 before that, and I still have them. So I was wondering: if I take them off, will I be able to put them on again, and if I loose them, will I be able to re obtain them without doing this task?
- I doubt that taking them off would cause any problems since they are unlikely to have made them restricted in that way (since they are not obtainable unless you have completed the tasks at the time). If you lose them, however, I think you probably will have to complete the task to reobtain them. I've no way of knowing for sure, but that's my take on it. If I remember I'll test it out when I can. 21:11, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I can in fact tell you that you don't even need to do that task to get them. I just got them right now, and I have not unlocked anything on the Livid Farm. I added this fact to the notes about the hard tasks.
- Just tried to collect the lvl3 boots with only the Livid Farm Task not completed. It did not work. Jagex must have fixed this loophole. 188.8.131.52 05:02, March 30, 2012 (UTC) 23:01, March 29, 2012 (MDT) Merivel
The lvls r set pretty high for in doing this quest
The Fremennit Trials isn't required to go to Waterbirth, it just makes it easier. There's dialogue options to get there without the quest it just takes ages.
Easy Task - A Familiar Feeling. Edit
It's possible to do this task at 1 summon without wolf whistle done now.
1. Buy a spirit wolf pouch.
2. 'Summon' pouch while standing next to obelisk
3. Recharge points and dismiss the familiar.
Kill an Ice Strykewyrm at any Slayer Level Edit
I had a theory about this, and I went to try it and it turned out to be a true. You CAN kill an Ice Stryke, at any slayer level, with Goliath Gloves. The special, that is. I wondered if the typeless, unblockable damage of the special would indeed hurt an Ice Strykewyrm (or any monster you didn't have the slayer for, for that matter) and it worked. Granted, the fight will take quite a while depending on how often you spec, but it allows for this task to be completed at any Slayer level. I don't know if this constitutes a bug since you can only fight an Ice Stryke without the required slayer level once, however, if this method works for any Slayer monster you don't have the level for (and I'd definitely say that it does, though I haven't tested it) then it surely would be a bug. Also, if anyone was wondering, Dreadnips do not work. Basically, I want to know if something should be added to this page about being able to do it with the Goliath spec at any level, or if, since it might be considered a bug, it shouldn't be mentioned. Thanks~ Jetdeagon (talk) 22:43, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
EDIT: Also, once around 1/8 of the Stryke's hp is gone his stats will have been so lowered by the specs that he won't even hit you, so you don't have to bring a ton of food or anything. Jetdeagon (talk) 22:59, September 25, 2012 (UTC)
- That's quite interesting. In theory it wouldn't be at any Slayer level, since the quest requirements to obtain a pair of Goliath gloves require at least 65 Slayer. But I'll be adding this to Ice strykewyrm. Next time, be bold. -- SpineTalk 00:59, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I was hesitant because I know that on this wiki we don't list the actual how-to of exploits, and since I was unsure of whether or not this was considered an exploit I was unsure about just going ahead and adding it. Besides, doesn't the fact that the Goliath glove special allows one to kill ANY slayer monster they don't have the level for practically guarantee that it's a glitch? Jetdeagon (talk) 01:07, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Just by way of info sharing, at around 90 for combat stats (level 127 combat overall) and 83 slayer, it takes so long to do enough damage with the special (both with crush lowering and rasing gear) that I was only able to get to around 1/4 of it's health gone before it respawned. While damage is possible, it is not enough to actually kill the beast, therefore, at least in this case, there is no bug to be exploited, as this possible exploit is already covered.184.108.40.206 17:12, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
The defence level is now 50 for med boots
220.127.116.11 07:38, November 27, 2012 (UTC)