Why was the high alchemy price of 36,000 deleted? JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 15:24, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
What happens if you lose it? it it lost forever? Qwertyui606 22:15, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
- No, from what I have heard, you have to kill the Jad again to get another. score 22:52, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Are there other animated items that aren't capes? --Atlantima 19:01, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
nope, this is the only animated cape in the game so far. if you lose it you can get it again by doing the "TzHaar Fight Cave" mini game again --Inuyasha3336 11:46, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
What other capes offer str bonus?Jdogy15 04:17, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Do we really need 4 different pictures of 5 Fire Capes? =S Cool Spy0 21:50, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
It doesn't make much sense I know what it looks like and there should just be 2 I guess.--Glass of water 00:57, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- Well, this has come up again, so let's get put this issue to rest and make a community decision. Personally, I think one or two would work (maybe the one with it on the player's back, the rest aren't needed too badly) --Pikaandpi 16:37, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, the one with four people is completley pointless, and the one on the ground isn't very useful. There was once an image that showed the cape from the "front" (the player facing the front, with the inside of the cape visible as apposed to the animated part). I think that image should be added again, and keep the one with the cape being shown from the "back", or "side". 126.96.36.199 20:35, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- Which reminds me, since most of Tari's item screenshots show her donning the Fire Cape, we could just use one of those (concerning 76's comment above) as a large majority show Chikoritapro facing forwards... we'd just need to use one that doesn't distract from the FC itself. --Pikaandpi 12:40, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm getting pretty sick of Tarikochi on every single page. I mean, sometimes it's not Tarikochi, but they look exactly like them, so I feel that some people who are new to RuneScape might think that all the players in RS look like that. Maha Nadihan 16:47, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
How is this valued on death? Is it like a rare in that you will almost always lose it, or will it usually be kept over other items? Aquilae 19:10, 14 March 2008 (UTC)
I think how the fire cape works out is the 3 more expinse items or money the fire cape is worth around 36-46k like me i have alot of items such as dragon boots fury items like that if i owned a fire cape and died with it i might loss it unless i go to my grave stone fast. [kingjacob45] 12:53 jul 6 09
Cleanup and Rewrite Edit
Based on the discussions going on about the RFA, I've gone through and cleaned up the article a bit...
- Just a general rewrite to make it 'flow' easier, added spacing, etc etc
- Removed the comparison to the spotty/spottier capes, obviously weight reduction items are unique and will outperform *any* item in the game in that category, considering there are only 4 or 5 weight reduction items that even exist...
- Removed the random "option" tags that display the image so that it always shows the one from the back. Honestly, I doubt anyone looking for information on this cape will want to see an image of it from the side or from the character's front. Now it always shows just the one from the back, which I think will suffice.
- Removed the one bit of trivia, wasn't that notable and only added clutter
Hopefully this'll put the article in a better state, let me know if you have any concerns. Regabuh 01:55, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
Added to Trivia Edit
I added some of the facts from the main article into a new Trivia section. I also removed an image because I thought it was just one too many. Let me know if you have any concerns. Enolith 03:33, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Lava Flowing Speeds Edit
I noticed awhile back that my friend's cape had a somewhat different texture and speed than mine, tested it with both genders and with/without other equipment as well. Has anyone else seen this before? Might be something interesting to add to trivia or something P:08:17, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Were all these tests administered on the same computer? Sorry for the painfully obvious, but it's important to rule out normal lag. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 08:20, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps this is too obvious, but were they both tested on High Detail, or Low Detail? There is no animation in High Detail and it has a different texture too. Enolith 01:36, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry I haven't responded. Yes it was me and a friend comparing capes, happened in both hd and ld. I'll need to check if it's been fixed by now though. 00:10, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
"Setting all the graphics to low detail will cause the fountains in Zanaris, Camelot, and the Wizard's tower to have a similar animation of the fire cape." If so, can someone add an image of it?--King x treme 05:06, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
i would have set the picture up but i switched cell phones and they glitch has been fixed but you can find some videos on youtube about it. [kingjacob45] 12:49, jul 6 2009
cheese cape? Edit
Does anyone really call it that? Zeldafanjtl 18:33, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
no many players called it the "cheese cape" when rfd frist came out. kingjacob45 12:48, jul 6 2009
It was also called a "cheese cape" after a graphical update which made the cape look like cheese, because there was more yellow than orange.
Cape Enchantment Edit
Can the fire cape be enchanted by the nomad at soul wars to work like ava's accumulator/attractor? was just wondering this and it would be a really huge + so i could wear by prize while ranging also ;) --03:52, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Nomad only enchants the cape your wear IN soul wars to work as if you were wearing ava's accumulator/attractor. So no cape at all can be enchanted by nomad besides the team cape inside the minigame. scooties 03:59, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Plus, even if you were allowed to bring a fire cape in the game, the Soul Obelisk is what powers the ava accumulator ability(according to Zimberfizz after Nomad's Requiem), so it'd not work outside soul wars even if you were allowed to use fire cape. 01:43, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
Can we add a lowest level to own it? Edit
Yeah, so lowest combat level to own the cape (i think is around level 50 or so) with vid link proof of course, and also, when gravestones came out, some guy died, got his gravestone blessed, then completed fightcaves to get another one, went back to gravestone to get old one, and had 2 firecapes. Shortly after this Jagex allowed you to have more than one cape (i think?) so yeah, thanks DMalfoy 20:12, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
I've removed the bit stating (under trivia) "The fire cape is called by some players "the hardest cape to get" when fight caves is actually quite easy" because it's a matter of opinion. Opinion doesn't belong in these articles, after all.
Updated animation Edit
Does anybody have an image of the animation of the updated fire cape (when they switched over to HD) since I cannot find an image of it --Supporter of the Wiki 21:45, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
- the image in the bonuses (File:Fire cape closeup.gif) IS hd... 21:52, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
Ghostly robes pics Edit
Should I add pictures of various capes and me wearing ghost robes, so players can see the BACKS of the capes? I have lava, soul wars, and quest cape soon. I just thought it'd be pretty cool trivia but wanted to see what you guys thought before posting it.
- The inside? Might be interesting, but it's not entirely relevant :P 04:16, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah which is why i wanted the pic to go to the trivia section, not the main body...next to all the glitched capes.
Fire Cape vs. Dungeoneering Master CapeEdit
The article on the DM Cape shows it's just a trimmed skill cape, but this article lists the DM Cape as being better than the Fire Cape for Defence. One of these is wrong, because the DM Cape is +9 to all combat defence, and the Fire Cape is +11. Can anyone confirm this? Preferably someone with a DM Cape?188.8.131.52 14:12, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Invisible inventory icon Edit
From experience, this only happens in Safe mode, and not in Software/OpenGL/DirectX. I can't check for sure right now but could someone perhaps confirm and add it if it is in fact in Safe mode graphics only?04:41, January 9, 2012 (UTC)