- I find it odd that people just shoot out these statsCheers! Atlandy 12:57, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- A huge sample group found that with a wealth it's about 20,000 and without it's about the same. But definitely not 6,000. Alex D T 05:00, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- Wealth does not effect dchain drop in any way btw (positiely or negatively) Godel 05:25, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
Dragon Chain Edit
Although it's true that dust devils drop the d chain in the smoke dungeon, do they have the same drops in the chaos tunnels, as it is a much safer place to kill them? Lakor 13:50, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, ony the version in the chaos tunnels drop more charms Buzz (Talk • # • √ • P ) 14:08, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
My friend got a D-Chain from these guys. I'll question him a bit. XD --OMG SLEDGE 01:32, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
BTW i got hit with an 84 by them!!!!! -Bowce-
Dragon chainbody drops Edit
You can spend weeks and months at chaos tunnels and not receive a dragon chainbody. But at the dust devils you get a very goood amount of crimson charms runes and herbs. The best way to get a dragon chain from here is camping here with bones to peaches and alch runes.I've been here for over 8000 kills with no chain yet. but your chances could be better than mine —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Deadlysin333 (talk) on 16:08, January 3, 2009.
I got two chain drops in almost exactly 1500 kills whilst slaying, without a RoW, but I've known people to go several tens of thousands of kills without a single drop. It really seems random to me. AlteranScientist 00:12, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
Commons and Rares Edit
Why have the commons, rares, and uncommons been taken away? Ill afree that having 'fairy common' etc, was a bit much, but shouldn't something be left? Just like bog standard 'common, uncommon, rare, very rare' on the ones that matter? ,-'-, Lakor ,-'-, (Talk) (Contribs)
Someone had adamant full helms, 2 nature runes and iron ore listed incorrectly as drops, I deleted..Just saying.Edit
Blue charm drop rate.... Edit
Somebody messed up with blue charm count. Dust devils drop rate isn't 20%, maybe 5% max. --Dotyfree 12:43, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
Charm log not updating Edit
When editing and updating the DD charm log, you see the true amount of %'s and kc. However on the main article, it shows 3000 less than the current kill count. I am aware that this might be a bug, but it's not just my home computer I notice this on. This is why I am asking if anyone knows how to fix it. Thanks. Ryan PM 15:39, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
Still Not updating, its about 7000 kills behind now although percents still seem to be right =/ Dux bell0rum 01:10, March 28, 2010 (UTC)
Ranged Attack Edit
The dust devils seem to use some weird ranged attack when under attack from a ranged summon. My geyser titan was fighting one with about 3 squares inbetween. Both were taking/giving hits clearly, and when the dust devil died, the drops fell in the location it had been standing (so it's position didn't glitch and show it where it actually isn't, like dark beasts do). Anyone have any other input for this? Is it a common occurence with geyser titan maybe? :o Godel 00:05, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Yea you're right i did the same thing with a Karamthulhu overlord. I'm assuming its some sort of glitch but it does seem very strange. Certainly doesnt attack that way when ranged by a player. Didn't see the dust devil make any hits with this, mind, certainly doesnt seem like a location image glitch. Henneyj 02:59, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
Something wrong with charm log. Edit
Some sort of expression error.....--Agamemnus 21:50, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
double d chain drop.. Edit
One of my friends got a dragon chain a few days ago. About 15 kills later, he got another one. So I guess that's 1 in 400,000,000.. yeah. He was wearing a ring of wealth. I uploaded a pic as proof. If you don't believe me, search "lordofthefar"'s adventure log.
--Agamemnus 22:04, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- That is some crazy luck. I thought I was lucky when I had a dragon chainbody drop and a visage drop within three days of each other:
Guess we all have our awesome moments.01:10, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- No, I don't think it's luck... I think it shows that the system is messed. 1 in 400m is too high. Even what you had is one out millions... something in the drop rate system doesn't add up.--Agamemnus 15:06, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Chaos Tunnel charm rates Edit
Articles for other creatures like waterfiends have separate charm logs for the chaos tunnels. Do dust devils there drop charms at a different rate than the ones in the smoke dungeon? If so, we need separate charm logs. --MarkGyver (talk | make a merchanting table) 22:10, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
34 noted fire talismans Edit
A dust devil in the smoke dungeon just dropped 34 noted fire talismans... it's not on the drops list in the article (and not on the 'droppers' list of the fire talisman article either). I was wearing a ring of wealth, but it didn't shine. This means it can't have been a drop from the rare drop table. Could this be a genuine dust devil drop? The fact that this drop isn't listed confuses me... It must be very rare if no one has even gotten it before. Runerune239 08:59, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- That is a Rare drop table drop, the ring not shining just means that it didn't help to get that drop. 09:02, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
Effigy rarity Edit
I have gotten every drop from them except the chain and an effigy.
Also, according to the Ancient effigy article, the rarity correlates to their combat level. The Aberrant spectre has them classified as "very rare," is a higher level (still in the same rarity range), and I've had a couple from this.
Unless someone has some evidence that proves their drop rarity is better than that of others of the same level range, they should be classified as "very rare." Dsctatom 05:53, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
gems are missing from the drop list ...I've had uncut sapphs, emeralds, rubys and diamonds
You should sign your posts with 4 tildes. Gems are part of the rare drop table, which is already on the page. Dsctatom 01:40, August 18, 2011 (UTC)
I just got a drop of 200 noted battlestaffs (1.5M) on my 4th kill during my slayer task of dust devils. I have found no one else that has received this drop. I do not know how to add this to the drop list and would appreciate if someone could. I assure you this is a real drop!
100% drops Edit
Bones not 100% drop!?!?
Iv'e hadd 3 out of about 10 drops now that have had nothing, not even bones
- You certain no one else is killing them with you? And do you have bonecrusher in your inventory when killing them? 00:28, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
Melee Weapons ? Stab weaknesEdit
I dont have rapier yet, so i gues i should use whip with d def
or mybe even test out zamy spear ? What do you think ?