On the forums everyone hats it :P--220.127.116.11 15:38, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
Well, a lot of people hate the reward, but apparently it's a good quest--18.104.22.168 15:45, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
I'd love to help out with it but right now i'm only level 81 combat so I'll have to pass on this one Redekopmark 15:56, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
This bites, the fact that you need 85 combat. It means that I can't get the Quest cape at any level lower than level 85. I was hoping to do it as low as I could. Oh well. TIRRIANGANT (TALK) 16:22, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
HOLY Crap! 343 thats the no.3 monster in the game put difficulty to 5. --Whiplash 18:09, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
So, what are the new spells in the book?--Pkthis 19:30, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
I'm getting a lot of edit conflicts, so I'm going to stop editing. The pics need to be better placed, and I imagine it looks horrible in any other resolution other than 800x600.
For the record here was my equipment and inventory for the fights:
- Worn: Barrows gloves, ring of life, Full rune, Rune boots, dds, glory
- Inventory: Seal of passage (you don't need it, but I forgot to re-bank it), Tinderbox, dream potion, rest sharks.
- Whats harder The Inaquedy or Damis? --Whiplash 20:10, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
- Personally, I really struggled with Damis - I did it on my own, not knowing what to expect. Took me 3 goes! This one I did on my first attempt, but I have higher defence and combat now. It is tough this fight, you need to watch your hitpoints carefully. However, this one seems to have a max hit of about 17ish, whereas Damis is in the high twenties. --Eucarya Talk 22:04, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
Wait, why do you need 85 combat? And most of all, why do you need to complete Edgars ruse?
I think you need edgars ruse to get the groutweed but i'm not sure Redekopmark 21:44, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
Somebody messed up the Untouchable and Everlasting monster pages: The Everlasting is the scorpion-esque one, The Untouchable is the one that sort of looks like a Tz-Kek. MrDrake 11:06, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
As you can escape from dream land, the "do not bring valuable weapon.." warning should be deleted ? Urssaff 01:16, 17 May 2007 (UTC)Urssaff
Is it 100% comfirmed safespot doesn't work now? I completed Dream Mentor using safespot 22nd of March 2008 - before 14 days. And I'm sure monsters are blocked because of ther size and size of lectern, not because of position of lectern. BeyPokéDig 14:50, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
I think the most easy way is use ancients (blood burst and ice burst)
* helm of nezioth * amulet of glory * cape of legends * blach d'hide body * blach d'hide chaps * barrows gloves * dragon boots * mind shield * ring of life (doesn't know wheather works or not) * water staff
* dds++ * seal of passage * 600 chaos rune (374 left) * 300 death rune (218 left) * 300 blood rune (178 left) * 23 tuna potato (11 left)
kelalaka as ( 70 attack, 67 str, 66 def, 70 range, 72 magic, 71 hp , 54 prayer and 1 summoning = 85 combat )
Other fansite quest guides Edit
Other sites listed here as resources to make this wiki guide more comprehensive...
- RuneHQ - http://runehq.com/RHQQuestsView.php?id=00876?English=true
- Sal's - http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/DreamMentor.html
- RuneCrypt temp guide - http://www.runecrypt.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48533
- RuneVillage temp guide - http://runevillage.net/ThePub/viewtopic.php?t=406352&start=46
Not yet up...
- http://runevillage.com/rsquests.php . Chrislee33 06:26, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
- Zybez - http://www.zybez.net/quests.php?id=131 Chrislee33 03:24, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
- Tip.it - http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2quest_id=176 . Chrislee33 07:48, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
Summoning familiars Edit
Has anyone found out yet if you can bring summoning familiars into the dreamland? It's probably multicombat if the A Doubts can attack you, unless they're a Nechryael-like effect. Butterman62 (talk) 02:53, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
It wouldn't let me teleport in with a follower so I would assume not.--22.214.171.124 06:32, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
If you die (or exit), do you need a new Dream Potion?
Nope you just need to talk to Cyrisus after lighting the Brazier again Piekid70 17:41, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
If you die, do you lose ALL our items, or do you keep the usual three? Mythomagic5 15:13, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Well, I hate to be the one that is able to say this, but yes. You keep the usual three. Wrathanet 20:48, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Do chickens drop charms? if not then anyone wanna take a stab at how Cyrisus got 99 summoning?
As im a ranger i can write the suggest inventory and armour for this quest as i have complete it without using a safespot.do u think its needed?
"Do not take any armour and/or weapons you are not prepared to lose." When I died with just a tinderbox, I kept it. Shouldn't this sentence be modified to say that we can take 3 items we don't want to lose?
- I say make a note that you should make sure that all the items that you lose on death can be easily replaced. 01:16, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
As an extention of this, do you gain a gravemarker when you die during the battles due to the new update? Mathwiz908 01:55, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- nvm, i just verified that you DO get a gravemarker if you die now. Mathwiz908 02:06, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
What is the recommended fighing style and worn armor for someone who is at 70 in all combat stats? Wrathanet 20:48, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
is the lectern readable? i seem 2 remember reading it, and it having a rather interesting message about our character, but was 2 panicked to fully read it. if what im remembering is from this quest, could somebody tell me/put in article what it says? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 2009-12-06 04:22:52 (UTC).
*Clean Up Edit
- The article isn't the same format as other quest guides. The whole thing is written in bullets, and there are countless sentence fragments. There's no reason why things that belong in the same sentence have to be a bullet followed by a sub-bullet.
- I put up a cleanup template, and I'll get to work on in later. Its Alex Pan 19:37, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- This quest guide—including the use of bullets—follows our quest style guide. I quickly read through this guide and didn't find a sentence fragment, and certainly didn't come across "countless" fragments. Please check out the quest style guide and the general style guide if you are interested in editing a quest guide. Thanks. Horsehead Talk 20:52, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- My choice of words was pretty bad. When I said sentence fragments, I was actually referring to the very short sentences. I guess they are complete sentences now that I look at them, but some of the bullets are only a few words long and the guide looks like a list. When I was following the guide for the quest, I found it pretty difficult to follow.
- Rather than having a bullet for each individual, short, sentence, it could easily be compounded into a longer, more descriptive one.
- * Crawl through the cave entrance, and you see the Fallen Man.
- * Talk to him.
- You receive a message, asking if you want to help him.
- * Click Yes, and you see a short cutscene that shows the man's condition
- This can easily be put together as something like: Crawl through the cave entrance and talk to the Fallen Man. Agree to help him, and a short cutscene will play showing the man's condition.
- I'm not really sure how to put it, but the guide seems "choppy". The sentences are so short, and the sub-bullets can often replace what the bullet itself, or they can easily be put together in the same sentence.
- * Speak with him.
- Raise his Spirit status by saying encouraging words to him: It is a little hit and miss, but just try to choose the most positive things. There are no dire consequences if you get it wrong.
- Something like that is completely redundant, and the bullet itself just generates empty space. Saying "Raise his Spirit status by saying encouraging words to him" is implying on its own that you need to speak to him.
- It may follow guidelines, but it definitely still needs clean up. The entire guide can easily be compacted to 2/3 of its size with the exact same content. Its Alex Pan 22:46, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- I urge you to read the quest style guide if you are interested in editing. Quest guides are written as a series of bulleted steps, using short, imperative sentences. Each action gets its own bullet, which helps the reader quickly grasp what he or she is to do. Horsehead Talk 23:26, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- You're patronising me. I've read the guidelines, and I understand them very clearly. If the guide used proper imperative sentences, then you wouldn't get lines like, Crawl through the cave entrance, and you see the Fallen Man., where there are multiple verb tenses. The guide is litered with minor errors. The second half of the guide was far easier to follow for me - after "The Battles in Dreamland". It's the first half of the guide that's bothering me. Its Alex Pan 05:09, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Does a gravestone appear if you die?
no safespots Edit
The safespots don't exist anymore the monsters just come right up to you and melee you04:14, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I think i did i cant remember :S but i used the safespot in the picture and they all came up to me and used melee on me 16:12, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
How I completed it Edit
- Helm of Netiznoit
- Legends Cape
- Amulet of Glory
- Black d'hide body
- Black d'hide chaps
- Ancient staff
- Klanks gauntlets (nearly every other glove-slot item protected over dragon boots, which was most of my worth)
- Dragon boots
- Mind shield
- Ring of recoil (only used one, barely)
In my inventory:
- 800 water runes (664 left)
- 800 chaos (432 left)
- 300 blood (284 left)
- 300 death (172 left)
- 3x Ring of recoil
- Magic pot
- 20 sharks (used 6)
Cyrius was kind enough to shield me most of two and three (you can no longer stand behind the lectern as the lectern is on the very edge) and I only used blood spells for the Inadequacy. Got out of the fights with full lp. Combat stats (that apply) 77 mage, 72 def, 76 constitution (level 100 cb overall). Thought someone might find this helpful. (Used blood burst, ice burst and ice rush (to save runes).)06:35, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
Did they change the monsters in this quest? Guide and talk page recommend magic defense and ancient blood spells, but none of the npcs cast spells. I tried with blood spells (75 magic) and was getting reamed on Inadequacy, used like half a bag of food. Ran out, read up on each monster's page, came back in with full on melee gear, dragon dagger (for special), leaf-bladed for stab(1,2)/slash(4) and d mace for crushing 3rd. Used a lot of rocktails @73atk/71str/70def (98 combat), but melee seemed a lot better than maging. Pterok 06:43, June 4, 2012 (UTC)
I am going to use the following;
500 mithril bolts
enough runes for 100 blood burst casts
and my stats are;
Will I make it? Leave me a message on my profile, please. I reallly would like your opinions.22:12, October 1, 2012 (UTC)