- Nobody has got the claws yet, so the special attack is unknown. Zapnox
do you have to do the quest to wield them??? 220.127.116.11 22:04, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
Yes. SilverStrike Silver, you are completely incorrect... get a d claws before you psot -.-" No, they do NOT req the quest, the spec does NOT req the quest.... 18.104.22.168 20:59, 12 June 2009 (UTC)Dark_wizzie No. u dont Ippy97 16:45, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
better cancel my GE offer lol and get 20 more QP and do this beast 22.214.171.124 22:07, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- simple: some one has, it isn't so long that it will take days. Don't forget that in the US this is Thanksgiving week (may people had today free of things they HAD to do.-- Peckham33 Talk 23:23, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- I know, I reside in the US and had a partial school day today, but still, if someone has done it, then someone has ragon claws and that someone should provide us with that valuble information.
- I said someone has to have done it and the claws are not provided in quest or by quest. see the article on that for more info on it. If you think they should tell you, find the player who put in the picture on the quest guide if they have a pair or to get one and to help in this page.-- Peckham33 Talk 23:37, 26 November 2008 (UTC) (ps: please do tour own indents)
i've yet to see anything about a quest requirement other than the death plateau quest ( which is required to wear any set of claws), can anybody confirm this?File:Guthix Kiteshield.png JU®n¥mAñ01 00:14, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- death platou is only a req to make claws not to weild*** --Rune ldr 88 00:18, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
It could possibly be a drop from a monster such as a cockroach soldier since i know they drop a few other dragon items Twigs the legendary slayer 00:16, 27 November 2008 (UTC)twigs the legendary slayer
Nope, d claws are dropped soley by tormented demons and nothing else. Anything else would lower the price, no? 126.96.36.199 20:59, 12 June 2009 (UTC)Dark_wizzie
- about the spec... i don't think that this section is right...
"The special attack of Dragon Claws functions in a way such that the damage from the second hit is half of that of the first hit, and that the third and fourth hits will deal total damage equal to the first hit minus second hit, effectively causing the claws to deal damage equal to twice that of the first hit. (For example: 36-18-9-9, 23-12-6-5; note that the damage from the last three hits add up to that of the first hit.)"
cause ive seen it do a 36, 18, 18, 10 which doesn't work with that logic. i dunno.. maybe they changed it since i saw it.
Gnimrag 22:27, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
^^^^ You are right, that section just doesn't make sense. (My friend hit 0-15-6-9, the first hit was 0 so how can the second hit be 15? Can't divide 0 im afraid. --Vynergy 03:02, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
No, the formula only works with specs with first hit over 0. 188.8.131.52 20:59, 12 June 2009 (UTC)Dark_wizzie
This is not quite a sufficient explanation, considering that hits supposedly at the same power are not always the same. I suggest the following alternative: When you perform the special attack, Runescape creates a total damage value for the attack (which appears to have a maximum of roughly twice a normal attack). Each of the first three hits is half the value of the pool, but deals 0 damage if it misses. The damage dealt is then removed from the pool and the next hit is then calculated. The final hit is simply the remaining value of the pool (or 0 if it misses).
However, misses appear to be extremely rare (although most of my information comes from tests to determine the max hit), and I have never seen the special miss except consecutively at the beginning. Gerbeezooe 08:22, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
Another note to know. The special only works for those that have completed the quest While Guthix Sleeps. I was at dueling arena and was watching a guy use them and he let a friend barrow them. The friend could not do the special. Hammer2092 15:18, 2 December 2008 (UTC) That fails, you dont ened the quest for the spec 184.108.40.206 20:59, 12 June 2009 (UTC) Dark_wizzie
Hammer, you definetely dont need to do the quest to use the spec. I have not done the quest yet, and my clan leader lent me the claws for free and i was still able to do the spec.10:53, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
isnt it true that rune throwing axes also have a special, so the point of it saying claws are unique for have rune and drag having specs, that is a false statement
true you should change it if it says that. --Rune ldr 88 03:22, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- Actually..It said that both rune and dragon claws have a special.Rune throwing axe has a special attack, but there is no dragon throwing axe.Powers38 03:31, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
Omg whoever added that edit about sheeps, a nooby punsh special and 0 attack put in a worthless edit. NOne of that is right. seriously peoples. Twigs the legendary slayer 13:31, 27 November 2008 (UTC)Twigs the legendary slayer
is it true that these claws do double damage to the kbd???
Does anyone else think that the spec is overpowered? "They have a special attack, Slice and Dice, which hits four times with added accuracy and a 10% damage bonus." That's 4 red splats off the bat with increased attack + strength (not to mention it's +57 slash and +56 strength bonus). Also, it takes up no more than 50% of your spec bar o_O
Btw, got this from tip it.
--TheWeirdOne876 21:25, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- I agree... its totally ridiculous... its an unfair advantage and being able to do it more than once is just crazy. Should Jagex undo it though?
Gnimrag 05:10, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- If you actually think about it,It is almost the exact same as Dragon dagger.2 attacks with increased strength and accuracy for 25% of the bar.If you use it all at once,you do 8 hits.Powers38 05:17, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
No they shouldnt undo it because range d bow has just become to powerful now. Mellers need a chance against 1 hit dbowers
- Also, you lose alot of defensive bonus's since they are two handed, this is basically a double edged sword, and i predict them costing about 500k-600k once the rarety of them goes down makeing this still not as good as a dds. --Rune ldr 88 06:10, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- People already buy Dharok's, furies, bandos for a high max.
- As I do PK quite often, 4 hits in quick succession is insanely appealing to me, and pretty much every melee pker out there. If the set of claws dips to 500k-600k, you'll still find it everywhere in PvP worlds, sort of like the whip or g maul. earth(t) 05:15, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
What you don't understand is that it is basically a dds spec but instead whatever you hit on your first strike is doubled. So if dds you would hit 30 24 this you would hit 30 15 7 8 adding up to 60 dmg which is double the origonal 30. So it is bassically a more accurate and higher str dds without the poison, with two hands so no rune defender, and half the amount of specials. Overall I think it isn't overpowered. (Tubbytubby9)
These posts are obviously very old, so now, back to the future, Dragon Claws ARE overpowered, but the incredibly high price makes it fair, because the people who work hard get them as a sweet reward. D claw market price atm 24.9m. D Clws 4ever :D
As the claws are impossible to buy on the ge, should i mention the current w2 street price of 10m?
- I'm not sure. New items like the Dagon'hai robes are almost impossible to buy on the G.E, because a lot of people desperately want 'em and they're desperate enough to try to circumvent the trade limit. WWTDD? 15:02, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- How is it possible to pay 10m anyways?Powers38 08:56, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- Just wondering... exactly how do they try to buy them for 10M? You know with the trade limit and all... Do they use Bounty Hunter or something?
- Gnimrag 06:57, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
They use junk trading, they add junk that is unsellable.
I still don't get why people add junk to their trades. They're still wasting money, even though the junk is untradeable.18:00, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Junk trading isnt about items that is unsellable, or tryin gto beat the treade limit. It's not a waste of money either. It's people who are rich enough to buy the item, but have more than enough money than the ge cost, and really really want it. Players wont sell that item on the ge because it's too rare/hard to get, and the ge price just isnt worth it. Take something like third age melee for example. A player that is seriously considering buying it, not saving up for it, will probably have 100mil+. It is very hard and time consuming to get full third age melee from treasure trails, even if you only do treasure trails for fun, not items. Nobody would sell third age melee at the Ge (note:people may well sell it, im just using it as an example), and the player really really wants it. He's willing to pay 20mil over the net value, and would be able too, if it werent for the price restrction update. the only way he's going to get third age melee is if he buys with junk on teh forums. This way both people win: The seller gets the price that he's actually willing to sell for, not one Jagex decides, as well as getting rid of things he has lots of, or no longer needs. For the Buyer: He gets Third Age melee right now, not in weeks-months-years time when someone sells on the Ge. Also, he may be able to use the other persons junk, such as perhaps high alching them, rather than having to buy/gather other items to high alch. P.S First time ive ever forgot to sign.....:p--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 17:22, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Mr.Bando 18:00, 3 December 2008 (UTC) Dragon claws are a good weapon for a pvp world or a pvp situation and the fact that they give you a deff bonus and and great special attack is a good thing but, the claws are only going to continue in price because to get them you need to complete a quest that requires you to complete all the others. Because of this the dragon claws will only continue to increase in value. People that did the quest know to wait for the price to increase until they make a large profit off of selling the item that is in very high demand. I would'nt be surprised if the dragon claws reached 1million gp dagon'hai robes and black elite armour will do the same thing and it might not but people are keeping the items on purpose. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT DRAGON ARMOUR!
Actually, that's not true. Take the the Ruined dragon armour pieces for instance. You can only get them if you complete While Guthix Sleeps, but they're actually DECREASING in price. Same with the Dragon platebody.18:05, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- Mr.Bando 17:38, 4 December 2008 (UTC)AND Actually I did not say anything about dragon armour im talking about black elite amour and dagon'hai robes, also dragon claws. If you payed any attention these three items in general are only rising in price because players that obtained the items are smart enough to know to keep them until they make a large profit.
I know you weren't talking about Dragon armour. I was just making a point, because what you're saying is not necessarily true. Yes, people are keeping their Elite and Dagon'hai sets. But why did no one keep their ruined dragon pieces, even though you can only get them from completing the quest?18:17, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, Tormented Demons can drop pieces of the platebody. WWTDD? 18:22, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- That's what I meant. Tormented demons are only accessible after the quest, so therefore you can only get the pieces after the quest.
Funnily enough, Dagon'hai robes are dropping.18:10, 16 December 2008 (UTC) (forgot to sign)
- ...it's 'cause dagon'hai monks drop them after we defeat Bork, they drop rarely from dagon'hai monks, but drop.-- 20:20, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
I love how he talks about them reaching 1 mill when they have been over 40 :D
Yeah you realize that atm D Claws are around 25m market price. GF 1m, LOL!!
This baffled me
I know you don't have to finish the quest, but do you have to start it?
You have to finish the quest to gain access to the monsters that drop it. But since you DON'T have to finish the quest to BUY the claws, then I'm assuming that you don't have to start it to buy them either.18:09, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for clearing that up, some items or areas require the start of quest, so I just assumed. :) Also I'll be making an account soon, I hate being a no named person.
Shouldn't someone that has the claws get an animated picture for the special to post on the page like all of the other weapons that have a special? It just makes Dragon Claws look like there's not much info on them and that people can't get a hold of a pair for this simple task.02:54, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Do we need to start the quest to wear them?
--Darth Stefan 15:04, 31 December 2008 (UTC)Darth Stefan
- Nope. The only requirement to wield dragon claws is 60 attack. The special attack also does not require While Guthix Sleeps to be started and/or completed. 16:45, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Seriously ppl, theres like 20 posts on this page saying you dont have to start or finish the quest to wield, use the spec or even own a pair of claws. Try reading the page next time. 11:01, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
This article is in dire need of a good clean-up, its just chunks of huge texts which contains a lot of uncited information regarding the dragon claws special. Also I think we should try and keep information about junk trading in its own article, a link would suffice.
Agreed11:02, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
Lately, players have been offering opulent tables as junk for Dragon claws. From my understanding, the materials used to make the table are more expensive than the table itself. Also, I am aware that they have a fairly low GE price, but can be sold to Ghrim for 120k. But I don't get why opulent tables make good junk. If someone could answer my question, it'd be very appreciated. :)20:08, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- From what I gather, players buy many of them from the GE (for 42.5k at time of writing), then offer them as part- or full payment for the claws. The seller, now in possesion of a lot of opulent tables goes to Advisor Grimm with their Fremennik Sea Boots 3 equiped, and sells him the tables, for 120k each. This gives an additional ~80k (AToW) to the GE price, and effectively triples (AToW) what was spent. So your claws are sold for 16M (ish AToW if you trade claws for tables exclusively) in items according to the trade screen, but you know that you can then sell the tables received to an NPC for a definate 48M (ish AToW). Hence, avioding trade limit. Gosh knows if it counts as scamming or whatever, since it avoids the trade limit. I can see it being cracked down upon in the future. 21:20, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed. Remember to sign your comments with 4 tildes (~). 11:16, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
I checked the page history since the date that the combat bonuses started to be shown, and I saw that the stats never had been lowered. Why is that information there? --23:18, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
No More BS on Req To Wield
I am sick of the dumb misconceptions on the req to wield and use the d claws spec. I have d claws, I do not ever plan to do while guthix sleeps, and I used the d claws specs ALL THE TIME. Do I need to verify with a screenie?? 220.127.116.11 21:03, 12 June 2009 (UTC)Dark_wizzie
- The posts regarding the special were made shortly after WGS was released. There's really no need to be so angry. WWTDD? 21:05, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
Special Attack clarification
For example, if a player hits a 40 on the first hit, the special would be 40-20-10-10. If it is odd, like 41, it will be 41-20-10-11, to average the 3 split hits with the first hit.
I changed the bolded part into the following:
it may be 41-20-10-11 or 41-20-10-10,
because it's not always averaged on the last two. For proof, see the oldest version of spec. attack image. dictature 17:33, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Vandal scared me :(
- Lol, it did. 19:43, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Lol... Prettier than my two brothers =). 20:13, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
The market section states that dragon claws are useless beyond their spec. I agree, but this is not a universal view. Also, saying "people are going nuts" doesnt seem very proper. I'm gonna try to clean that part up a bit.15:53, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
No delay between spec glitch
I've heard that there's a new glitch going around where you can spec a second time immediately after your first spec (even faster than normally speccing twice). Is this true? If it is, perhaps someone who knows more about this issue could include it in the article. Its a Pwner 02:24, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Naw, the glitch is, if you can call it a glitch, is when you rest or do another emote and immediatly special the enemy, you will do the special up to ten spaces away from the opponent and the damage takes a meoment to hit them, by that time you have clicked again and your second special comes when you are about two spaces away from them. To the victim it appears like you are getting instantly specialed twice. I have been the victim several times but survived (in full range void) once again a melee void clawer. (killed him with d bow spec too :D) (Tubbytubby9 19:07, February 17, 2010 (UTC))
Saw this pic on another fansite
hope it's not photoshoped...else i better sell my claws quick--18.104.22.168 06:03, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
The crowns aren't the same distance apart on each line
- Dragon claws are not fake... --
02:26, November 17, 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, you mean the image above? -- 02:42, November 17, 2009 (UTC)
its not at all rare to see red 0s in pvp, they can happen with most any weapon if you attack at the same time as another weapon hits the enemy. It really is NOT necessary for us to state in trivia that they can hit red 0s unless you want to do that with with every other weapon used in pvp. (Tubbytubby9 19:10, February 17, 2010 (UTC))
all other weapons show up as a blue sheild icon when 0s are hit, unlike the red blobs though. that's what makes this special. Tortilliachp 15:24, February 19, 2010 (UTC)
Wrong, if you go to pvp and use a weapon which contacts the enemy in the same instant as an attack which kills them the hits will show as RED 0s You see it so mcuh in pvp with many weapons including granite mace and esspecially when piling.
whoever's been insisting on putting all that dclaws average 400+ damage with no basis and you basically need barrows+dfs+piety to even have a chance to survive the dclaws spec and hence dclaws>ags should stop trying to price manipulate. thanks.
Horribly illiterate people should really start reading back what they've written to themselves before posting in the article
The entire "Slice and Dice" section is overflowing with poor grammar and sentences which just. hang. up. and. stop. randomly.
Someone clean it up, i've done enough incoherency correcting for today.
Yeah you're right, the writing is atrocious. Did the best I could.
Dragon claws speed comparison
Did anyone do any speed comparisons between dragon claws and other fast weapons, such as DDS and the whip? Do the claws hit at the exact speed as a DDS/whip or are they a little bit faster? I just read somewhere on the forums that the claws are the fastest weapon in RS and was just wondering...
- They're the fastest weapon when you consider their special attack. Otherwise, they're the exact same speed as a whip, dds, scimitar, etc. Suppa chuppa T C CVRC 03:16, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- So the fastest item with the biggest bonus atm is the saradomin sword/abyssal whip? (fastest speed category/biggest attack bonus)
- Yes, along with the zamorakian spear. I'm not sure if they have the best attack bonuses for their speed though. 11:11, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Nope, Chaotic rapier. 22.214.171.124 21:26, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
Not "the fastest two-handed weapon"
(Kayle's) Slings are two-handed and are faster (according to their seperate wiki, stating that they are similar in speed to darts) than dragon claws.
Nevermind, it's wiki was corrected and it now says it has the same speed as a shortbow rather than similar in speed to darts.
Ring of Wealth
Does the updated Ring of Wealth affect the drop rate for claws from tormented demons? L died 15:55, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
I think it always has, even before the ROW-update. 126.96.36.199 15:53, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Not before the ROW update. That has been confirmed by Jagex. Now it does affect it though. JOEYTJE50TALK 16:15, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
Recent Price Drop
What are causing the recent price drops? (8/18/2011) It can't just be the end of summer drops... is the same thing gonna happen to claws as what happened to furys recently? (Large price drop then sudden spike upwards in price) 188.8.131.52 06:19, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
so im sure im not the first to notice this, but with the aura inspiration you could theoretically have an infinate number of special attacks, inspiration give .2 of your spec bar back per hit so 4 hits per spec, .8 percent back, another time .8 back your back at full, so you would have an infinate supply of specs, this would also work with ddp, or am i worng on how the aura works? http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Inspiration_(aura)
0.8% is nowehere near 80%... 184.108.40.206 02:08, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
^ As stated by the above user. It is 0.2% not 0.2 So the result would be 0.8% and not 80%. The inspiration aura is considered relatively underpowered right now since it takes too long to get an extra special attack bar to make it practical.