yeah im wanting to get a dragon battleaxe but have no idea if its better then my current dragon longsword. any healp? Befaelen 03:35, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- Really it depends on what your killing and what you want to train. Some things are more susceptible to certain attacks of the sword, others of the axe. It will hit higher usually but its also slower. So whatever your fighting will most like get thier hit first when you use axe. It is better against things such as dragons then your sword. And with it's special it helpful for training strength.--Degenret01 03:49, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
sweet thanks for the info man, really good help. :)Befaelen 03:34, 16 April 2008 (UTC) What monsters drop this?
Picture over stats Edit
can someone fix this, because it really is annoying, and im not sure how to fix this myself 22.214.171.124 00:04, 14 July 2008 <---(Corhen added this info, please sign it, Evan if you are anonymous)
Formulas for increase/decrease Edit
I have lv 71 str, 20% is 14.2, 14.2+71 = 85.2 I received level 87. Level 87 is the result of strength+ceiling(strength)*.2. Dsctatom 05:53, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- I go from 74 Strength to 90 Strength. 20% of 74 is 14.8. Even rounding up I still get more Strength than a 20% boost would give me. So yeah, maybe 20% isn't right after all. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 06:00, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
I think I've figured it out:
The increase for strength is this: floor(strength+(strength+9)*.2)
The decrease for other stats is this: floor(stat-(stat-9)*.1) Dsctatom 06:19, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Alright, my formula isn't perfect, and in order to make it perfect, I need more info.
For anyone who feels like helping, list your Atk/Str/Def/Mgc/Rng as they normally are. And then what they are immediately after the special is used. Sometimes they will quickly increase by one because of the game clock, so make sure to submit the correct info.
Any assistance is appreciated, I know runehq doesn't have a formula, and I doubt any other sites do. Let's be the first to get this right. Dsctatom 07:43, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Something isn't right: from 91 str I get 109 str after the special, from 90, I used to 108 and from 89 I used to get 107. None of these fit in the formula. And I'm sure about this because I have been using the axe constantly for my combat training. 126.96.36.199 09:02, June 8, 2010 (UTC)
I just levelled my defense level and the now the dragon battle axe gets me from 91 to 110. When I was 89 att, 91 str, 86 def, 90 ranged, 86 magic, I used to get 109 with the battle axe. Since I got my def to 87, I'm getting to 110. 188.8.131.52 13:46, June 8, 2010 (UTC) edit: Now again I'm getting to 109. This is starting to confuse me.
better than super str. potionEdit
i find at my level of str (66) a super str potion increases my str lv. to 80 while dragon battleaxe increases it to 81 with special. Wolverine9988 00:37, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- SS pots are 15% +5, which I'm assuming is rounded down. This means level 99 + the pot would be level 113. With the equation I figured out for the DBaxe, at level 99, it would boost you to level 120. The higher your level, the larger the gap between the potion boost and the axe boost. Dsctatom 04:41, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
...the article. Someone thought it was clever to put images in the Trivia, spreading it out. They're now in a gallery and the special attack section has been spread out a little and reworded slightly. I'm still working on the article but I think it's safe to take the cleanup tag off now.16:47, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
Special attack Edit
The special attack section claims that the special attack (during an update on 2 September) now only activates on the next attack? But I tried it last night and it activated on click. There's nothing in the patch notes that says anything about the special attack being tweaked, so I'm thinking either this isn't true or there's something I'm not understanding. 15:35, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
It's the same for me, may have just been a glitch on a foreign server. I've removed the text. Eckko 01:31, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
Special attack Edit
I've seen many formulae for the strength boost of the special attack. Could we get confirmation on any? Here's what I've found:
- From the page:
- Minimum boost=12, maximum boost=18.
- From Special attacks:
- Minimum boost=3, maximum boost=21.
- Added a few times to Maximum melee hit by IPs:
- Minimum boost=10, maximum boost=19, completely independent of strength, and boosting the values of the skills affects the strength boost.
Some data and/or confirmation of any or none of the above would be useful.15:41, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- I originally added the floor((strength-60)/15)+16, which has been shortened to floor((strength/15))+12. The lowest level at which you can use the axe is 60, making the range 16 to 18, not 12 to 18. I have tested the axe at various levels up to 85 and have found my formula to be consistently correct. Dsctatom 01:06, December 27, 2009 (UTC)
- There's a strength level requirement? The page and the quest page don't detail it. 17:17, December 27, 2009 (UTC)
My levels are 91 att, 91 str, 87 def, 90 range, 86 magic and the battleaxe sometimes takes me to 109 str and sometimes to 110 str. 184.108.40.206 16:36, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Now my stats are the following: 95 att, 91 str, 88 def, 93 range and 86 magic and the battleaxe almost always takes me to 110 and very rarely to 109. So It's pretty obvious that leveling combat skills other than str helps with the special. Notice that this is a 4 level increase in att, 1 level increase in def, and 3 level increase in range. 220.127.116.11 17:25, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Boost depends on boosted statsEdit
Hi guys, I just tested this, the str boost depends on the levels of other combat skils as well. And not only that, it depends on the current value of those skills rather than actual value. As a test, I did this: I fought a dust devil with no facemask, and thus reduced my combat stats to almost zero, then drank a bunch of str potions to regain my str levels. The final result was that my str level was back to 91, but my att, def, range and mage stat were around 2-3. Then I used the special special and it gave me like 8 levels less in boost than normal, 91->101. In the normal state I go from 91 to 109. Test for yourself. Also, it works the other way around too, boost your stats and you might get one extra str boost with the special. If I boost my att/def levels I can get my str to 110. 18.104.22.168 20:19, August 9, 2010 (UTC)