Ayuni Glitches? Edit
After attempting to kill the second boss several times, it always results in getting completely redbarred, without me being able to cause anymore damage, nor it being able to cause any damage to me. I am unable to attack it, but it will constantly attack me, doing the attacking animation, WITHOUT causing any damage (not even causing my HP bar to appear). Does anyone know how to fix this/if it's occurring to anyone else? --RedWingz 20:08, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I haven't heard anything about it. Are you sure you weren't lagging? If yes.. just submit a bug report for now. S: 20:12, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Wasn't lagging at all, considering I'd done multiple trips with the same end result, but I have submitted a bug report already. --RedWingz 20:15, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I discovered that if I did the boss without using Ruby (e)s, then this wouldn't happen. Apparently, they're more or less the source of this glitch -.- Took me far too many tries to figure that out though XD --RedWingz 20:50, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed that at times I couldn't attack. It wasn't just around the edges of the room, in the middle as well. I also seemed to have quite a bit of lag on a usually great connection. -- 18:17, April 8, 2011 (UTC)
"it may have some insights into what is going on with the plagues, sandstorms and various schemes of the Devourer."
This is speculation - which the template at the top of the page says to avoid. 16:53, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
~ No it's not, that's a direct quote from the behind the scenes.
too many quest requirements for me to start it...
Please dont vanldalize this articleTimothylam92 12:42, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
I think there need to be more people monitoring what people are posting. I've fixed the page at least a dozen times and it doesn't do any good because people keep vandalizing it as soon as I save progress.
- Welcome to our world. - [Pharos] 12:48, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for correcting Pharos Timothylam92 13:12, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
dragon defender Edit
Can anyone astually confirm this. rewards section says nothing about it. Samba37 12:45, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
Nothing on Quickchat so 100% doubt it
Drag Defender being updated later in a Warrior Guild update.
^This, dragon defender will be released with the next game update. It is not related to this quest whatsoever. Lathow 16:46, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
Agreed with Lathow, drag defender is a coming update, not a reward with the new quest.
yea, I posted that question well before the BTS came out while ppl were adding drag def to the reward list. fairly obvious answer now that that's out. Samba37 12:54, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Ava's Alerter Edit
Is this an upgrade from the Ava's Accumulator?
Yes, it is obtained during the quest and it gives 1 more ranged attack and magic defence compared to accumulator. Any accumulators can be upgraded to alerters for free and you may buy more alerters. Not sure about skill requirements. Lathow 17:02, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
Chimp choc ice Edit
Where can i get the mould for it?
Do i have to make it myself; How?
You need a m'amulet mould.
Fairy ring network does not work. I dont know who added that. Spirit trees also do not work. Boats work, took Port Sarim to Catherby.
18.104.22.168 15:56, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
i can't figure out how to cast a spell on it to keep it froze..:-( I click place, then the spell and the choc ice disappears...
- after youve cast the ice spell it return to your inventory automatically
Iavirissa 01:01, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
It melts really fast, I can only just cast the spell in time. But fairly soon I get a lag and then it's gone.
Luring the guard Edit
I think that you need to lure the guard to the crate with bananas, if someone can confirm, thanks.
I think so to, but I can't seem to get it there yet. Definer0 13:39, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
yea, u have to lure it around the outside and avoid the guards
Has someone gotten the guard all the way around? If so, can you post exactly how? I have been able to get it down to the southwest corner probably 20 times now and it keeps resetting from there.. Not going near the gorilla guards so it's not them eating my bananas.. so what the heck? Help please, from someone who has made it all the way....
Yes, I've made it. Try placing the bananas, at intervals, around the edges of the little room south of the monkey guard. Then place the 'first' banana, so to lure him onto the trail. While he's traversing the room, you dash to the end of your trail, then start placing more bananas into a route across the bottom of the main room. Don't leave too much of a gap between them, else it breaks the trail. By the time he's finished with the south-west room, you're already at the south-east. Just keep going. Hug the eastern wall to avoid the monkey guard over there. East around the north-eastern fire pit and take the trail to the crate. Job's a good 'un. :D Merch Gwyar
This whole section is out of date. The green bananas only last a 3-4 seconds when placed on the floor, so you CAN NOT put down more than 3 before they disappear. The guard has to be lured, one by one, the entire way. Asa-Tyr (talk) 01:18, June 30, 2014 (UTC)
I added a couple more hints which helped me finally do it after literally months of trying, off and on: pre-lay cheap non-banana objects to provide click targets, and drop bananas by drag-and-drop instead of the menu. K6rfm (talk) 22:11, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
Enemies to defeat Edit
Ability to defeat enemies with levels ranging from 165-180. Enemies to defeat: None that doesnt make sense you either have to kill something or you don't if you have to kill something put it down under enemies to defeat its not hard! i would check myself but i lack most of the skill requirements to start the quest15:16, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I can only assume that so far no enemies have been found to defeat, and to prevent inaccurate data None has been put until accurate data is found 15:19, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm well the offical requirements state you need to be able to "defeat enemies with levels ranging from 165-180" so if you do indeed have to defeat these then that counts but seeing as i cant check then we'll have to see from what others who have finished it put. 16:00, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- The level 165 is called Leeuni, located in the Pollniveach dungeon with banshees (which is why you need to complete Smoking Kills before this quest). If you have a slayer helm, it will sometimes force it to your inventory so you will become vulnerable. If you try to keep it on by using Saradomin Brews/Curry (same way with Chaos Elemental) then it will hit you in a rage. I got hit exactly 300 when I tried that. But when I tried it with an open inventory it hit me with two 200s. This isn't enough data for an exact method, but there. Proof that there are monsters.
Enemies are at end. Edit
I will add data when ill fight them.
- Leeuni Level 165 - Uses Mage (mainly)
Ayuni Level 170 - Uses Melee (mainly)
Eruni Level 180 - Uses Magic (mainly)
Seeing as you're doing the last boss wrong and this is the only place I can edit I have to say it here.
Eruni uses magic mainly, almost never any other combat style, use magic protection.
Summons 1 demon at full hp, 2 demons at 3/4, 3 at 1/2 and 4 at 1/4.
Using magic protection and dragon/bandos whatever, makes you pretty unkillable against the boss.
- Thats the 3 I've done so far 22.214.171.124 18:32, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- The end bosses are truly something, I was rather lucky I had lots of gumbo. :p
- Lets just say they each remove a method that 1 is used too while fighting them..........
- Dark e 18:40, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
The boss near kalpite queen drains prayer HARD when meleeing it dont know about range
Travel to Ape Atoll Edit
Ok, a confirmed way to get there is as follow : get to the Grand Tree from Nardah.
- Talk to Daero, the new head tree guardian, on the second level of the Grand Tree, near Blurberry's Bar. He will blindfold you and take you to an underground hanger.
- Talk to Waydar, who will fly you to Crash Island.
- Ask Lumdo to sail to Ape Atoll.
Lumdo and Waydar are on the island and can transport the player to Ape Atoll and Gnome Stronghold respectively.
Choc ice + bosses Edit
The only 2 annoying parts of the quest, lets keep it simple:
Simply when it starts melting use an ice spell on it 70+ mage, run from Nardah, through al kharid all the way to port sarim, then charter to khazard and run from there to the gnome stronghold and on to ape atoll etc. (yes stopping every 5 seconds freezing the choc ice) Note that if you lose your choc ice on ape atoll you can restart at ape atoll (checkpoint) I also suggest getting caught by the monkey guards at the gate as you go straight to jail and its a lot closer to the destination.
Obviously take essentials (pots, food etc.)
1st boss the ghost monkey gives you a hint (use melee) so simply equip your melee gear, go down the well in the middle of polliviench, run up the path that the ghost is standing at, run right to the end, spec him and take him out, pray magic and piety/turm
2nd boss the ghost monkey once again gives you a hint (use range) this one is in a room east of the kalphite queens lair so remember ropes etc. just pot range, accurate and run around the room ranging him, it walks real slow so gives you enough chance not to get hit by his melee, pray magic and leech range or w/e.
Last boss you don't get any hints from the little ghost monkey but its real easy, I wasted 14k on a tort pouch that wasn't needed, although it all depends on your combat lvl, he's in the uzer tomb, down the stairs and straight ahead through a big door, simply same equipment as the 1st boss, same prayers just if there is also a lesser demon around him take the lesser out first because otherwise he won't take any damage.
Good luck on doing the quest =D
At 138 combat with ovl's you can melee each boss while praying mage/turm and use under 6 rocktails.
126.96.36.199 20:50, December 1, 2010 (UTC)Pharyy
Does using shanty count as a teleport? Edit
I'm unsure, but can you get arrested by shanty and refuse to pay him, ending up in port sarim, without breaking the choc ice? because if you can, here would be an effective way to get to ape atoll:
- From Nardah, use all the magic carpets to get to shanty
- At shanty, get arrested and sent to port sarim
- Pick pocket your way out of sarims jail
- Go to the crafting guild
- Use the hot air balloon to fly to the grand tree(confirm if thats possible too, please ;) )
You can be imprisoned and run to crafting guild as well as use the hot air balloons/carpets, confirmed.
188.8.131.52 23:45, December 1, 2010 (UTC)Pharyy
Mod Edam talked about extra rewards in the forums. Can we get a list of all the things that can be considered 'extra rewards'? Lathow 23:56, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- found some info.-- Peckham33 Talk 00:16, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. There must be more lol. Lathow 00:51, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
More information on the banana trail bit. Edit
I'd like some move information on the monkey trail, I'm stuck. 184.108.40.206 00:26, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
The bananas need to be quite close together and also in a straight line compared to the last one.
I found it quite easy by filling my inv. with bananas, making a small trail leading up to the guard, and when he goes for that, quickly finish the trail in the direction of the bananas. Good luck:)
Iavirissa 01:16, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Ever since the wiki changed to this horrible new font (wich I voted against) Im having trouble finding things.
Now I cannot find the button I used to have with wich I could put a page on or off my watchlist.
It is really annoying as I do not want an e-mail everytime someone makes an edit. Can someone please tell me how to turn that off?
Iavirissa 01:14, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
I dont know what skin Im using or how to change it, so it must be default.
In the old format it was indeed at the top of the page. Unless Im continously looking past it, its not anymore.
I would like to know how to change 'skins' as this one is particularly horrible. It doesnt fit on my screen, I cant find anything and the font is too small to read with ease.
Iavirissa 15:33, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Choc ice + Fairy Ring. Edit
I went through the Fairy Ring and the Choc Ice melted. How do I prevent this? Create Pure5 01:31, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
fairy rings Edit
I do not know who keeps adding a fairy ring route to ape atoll.
It does NOT work. as soon as you arrive in Zanaris the choc-ice will melt.
RS forums have rumours that the fairy rings did work when the quest was first released, but I can confirm that at the moment they DO NOT.
Iavirissa 01:31, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
I kept changing it for one reason: IT WORKS! I'm not just being stupid and trying to start something, I actually ran from Nardah to the ring north, to Zanaris, then out to the Ape ring, down the agil course, and to the King. Worked a treat for me, and made it considerably easier. Perhaps Jagex have changed it since I did it, which was about 2 hours after release. But at the time, it DID WORK. Also I froze it right before I went in the ring, dunno if that helps.
Left of Zen 10:47, December 2, 2010 (UTC)Left of Zen
I also froze mine just before I entered the fairy ring. As I said, on RS forum people wrote that just after the quest fairy rings did work. It must have changed, as they do NOT anymore, neither before or after the quest.
Iavirissa 15:35, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Getting to Ape Atoll? Edit
How do I get to Ape atoll without melting it instantly? Create Pure5 01:34, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I ran to port sarim and from there got a boat to catherby, ran to gnome stronghold.
- I am told you can also get 'arrested' at shantay pass to go to jail in port sarim, but do not know how that goes personally. Iavirissa 01:36, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- talk to shanty, ask him what this place is then tell him your an outlaw. he will tell you to pay him or get deported to port sarim jail. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 14:08, 3 December 2010.
- balloon travel, eagle transport and boats work. I havent tested canoos yet.
Iavirissa 01:36, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Canoes work. As does the Shantay method, very well. 04:27, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Freeze Duration Edit
It says on the page that Ice Blitz gives 45 seconds of freeze. I have not found this. Can we have some confirmation? --04smithc 13:35, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
I tested it. What did you find? Henneyj 14:01, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Heh, certainly wasn't 45 seconds for me. It was more like 20 when I did the quest. 14:02, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- 20 seconds until melting or 20 seconds until warning? Henneyj 14:03, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Warning. The time it took was from one screen load to the other while running around RuneScape - I've not actually timed it. 14:04, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Yea the first warning is 20 seconds before melting, and this is stated before the bit where it says 45 seconds. Henneyj 14:06, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I've just tested it, sorry, I stand corrected! --04smithc 14:07, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Ehh, I still don't think that's correct. I'll just have to test it myself later on. 14:07, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for checking smith. Please do test Urban, the more testing the better. Also if you feel it needs rewording to make it more clear then please change it. Henneyj 14:13, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
Alternative Funny Chat Dialogue from Ava Edit
According to the guide, if you destroy the box after finding it then talk to Ava, you get an alternate amusing dailogue? What is this dialogue, the actual script. Please.
According to the template, this quest fits in the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat series. I have finished the whole quest, and didn't hear a spec of information about the Mahjarrat. Just because this quest has Missing my Mummy as a requirement, doesn't mean it's in the MOTM series. Someone please confirm this or give me a reason why it would be in the MOTM series. 18.104.22.168 08:49, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know, maybe the fact that you deal with Senliten and Leela both from Missing my Mummy through out the entire quest makes it part of that series. There is also a little dialoge at the end about a particular person call Amascut "The Devourer". I think that might make it part of the MotM series. Just remember series doesn't have to be linear it can shoot off on side tangents or even go back and give more detail on a particular event. 17:52, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Amascut had been called The Devourer for ages, nothing new, that's part of the desert series, same goes for Leela and Senliten . Senliten might have given us some information on the Mahjarrat, but that doesn't mean every quest she is involved with is part of the MOTM series. Some quest people are not part of one series alone. Until we get some sort of hint this quest had something to do with MOTM, let's not put it back on the template, ok?
- I'll be honest with you, I'm not much of a lore person. I've never been able to get that involved in the storylines in Runescape. Think it's more on how the stories get delevered than anything else. That being said, this story, to me picks right up after Missing my Mummy (MMM). Then again this is in the Trivia section of MMM:
- While it might not seem like it initially, this quest is actually part of the same quest series as Tale of the Muspah; this one just approaches things from a very different direction, so it’s probably not entirely clear how things fit together yet.
- — Jagex
- I think it could safely be argued that this is how they (Jagex) are going to fit MMM and Do No Evil (DOE) into the MotM series by introducing several key people so that when The Ritual of the Mahjarrat (RotM) does come out they don't have to introduce a whole bunch of key players. It would not suprise me (actually I would be suprised if they didn't) do another follow up quest between DOE and RotM.
- All that being said, I'm not changing it as everything I've said IS speculation and the front page should deal in facts not speculation. BTW, what is the Desert Series quest line? I couldn't find it on the List of quest series. 18:55, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
- (Ugh, tabs are not working properly!) Oh, my bad, I was referring to Menaphos & Sophanem series. 22.214.171.124 16:13, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Gnome glider Edit
The Gnome glider from Al Kharid (near the toll gate) can be used to travel to the Grand Tree with the chimp ice?
126.96.36.199 17:30, December 12, 2010 (UTC)
Getting the guard to the crate with only 10 bananas Edit
After much experimentation, I have figured out banana placements to get the guard to the banana crate with only 10 bananas, 6 less than the currently listed method. I've made a diagram of where to place them, but it's not the prettiest. I might come back another day and refine it, but it would be great if someone else beat me to it, keeping the grid in place as it keeps banana placement clear.
Also, during my experimentation, I found out the following about the guard following the trail:
- With no obstacles, the bananas can be at most 3 steps apart (2 squares between them).
- This still works if the steps are diagonal.
- If there's an obstacle in the way, the bananas can only be two steps apart (diagonally next to each other, with the obstacle next to them on one diagonal and an empty square on the other)
- Ground decorations like the vine and grass don't matter.
- The guard's areas are simple rectangles and they will not leave their areas no matter what.
- The monkey you're luring can go through the area that the other guards watch over on his way to the crate.
- The bananas still have to be outside the other guards' parameters, however.
- I've updated the image so it's much clearer now. It could still use some polish to make it look better, but it should be quite easy to use already so I'm leaving it alone now. As before, feel free to upload better versions if you want to improve it. --MarkGyver (talk) 03:47, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
Bosses Attacks Edit
I fought all three bosses today (14th January 2011) and discovered that Ayuni and Leeuni both use all 3 combat types. Is it possible that it was due to a mix of my defence bonuses, or just that it wasn't known that their magic attack is magic/ranged combined until hitsplats were introduced? Either way, I'm just looking to see if anyone else has noticed this with hitsplats, because that means the guide should be updated to accomodate for their use of the entire combat triangles.
- When I did the quest I also had issues with not being able to block all damage. However, the suggested prayers were more useful than the others, so it's not completely wrong. I guess that might be why there's the note at the start of the Boss Fights section saying that the "attacks cannot be completely negated by Prayer", but it could definitely be more explicit and clearer. --MarkGyver (talk) 19:12, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
Chimp Ice Edit
Are familiars an acceptable means of transport, could i use spirit kyatt to tele me near piscatoris then run south and east?
188.8.131.52 20:49, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Not sure, I never thought about trying that. My guess is that it wouldn't work though, seeing as it is a form of teleportation and that all other forms of teleporting don't work. Suppa chuppa 21:25, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- If it works, then it's a bug. --MarkGyver (talk) 16:16, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
- okay, i tested it, familiar teleports don't work.
- 184.108.40.206 18:52, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
Desert Crates Edit
I've been wondering the desert between the Bedabin Camp and the Mining Camp for the last hour with my Alerter, and haven't found a single crate or had a single alert. I've tried walking around the potential hot spots in the picture from the guide, still no luck. I'm not wearing any armor and Ava's test search went flawlessly. Any ideas??
22:08, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
I forgot to talk to Ava again after the test. Doh! All better now!
220.127.116.11 22:15, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
Prayer point update Edit
Just updated the Prayer points thing- Surpised noone else realised it was draining 250 (instead of 25) prayer points (after the update) until now. 18.104.22.168 19:38, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Just built the settlement with the saw, hammer, and knife dropped on the ground (had these in my toolbelt). Someone needs to make a lot of notes saying that a toolbelt works for that part, and to take out inv space saving suggestions because I don't think they're as necessary anymore. 22.214.171.124 08:51, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the fix. Also, I've separated your comment into a separate talk page section. MarkGyver (talk) 01:40, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
"Access to a passageway from the desert (rockslide south of the Kalphite Hive entrance) to a new area with Kalphites. This is unlocked if you left the room from the hole while you were in it."
I can't find this. If I can, I have no idea that it's what this bullet is talking about. Can I get some more detailed directions? Maybe tell me what this room with a hole is? I admit I did the quest a long time ago, but I still don't see a rockslide anywhere nearby. Nothing special here. (talk) 01:44, June 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Does this help? Kalphite lair#The_3rd_level 02:17, June 24, 2013 (UTC
- A bit. My map doesn't have the dungeon icon that's in the link's image, so I'm assuming I didn't unlock the area. Looking over the guide, I'd think the Ayuni battle is where the passageway is unlocked. I'll go check it out tomorrow. Thank you and sorry about the late response. Nothing special here. (talk) 06:00, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Nevermind, decided to do it today. Found it and opened it up. I must have had a stroke of stupid when I killed Ayuni. Still, I'm going to make the reward info a little less ambiguous. Thank you again. Nothing special here. (talk) 06:19, June 27, 2013 (UTC)
need to specify wheter regular cat or hell cat, need to specify between desert ROBE or ROBES as they are two differnt items —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 18:44, July 17, 2014 (UTC).
This entire guide need to be re-written. Most of the information and I do mean MOST is no longer relevant. There is a lot of incorrect and missing information as well as out of order steps making using this guide to complete the quest infuriating. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 21:19, July 19, 2014 (UTC.