5k slay exp on 2nd time too?
- You don't need 44 slayer to kill bork. i did it at like 34 slayer. if i edit it out i will probably get banned for vandalism. its happened befor. just saying do u dont have to get 44 slayer just to wear dagon'hai =D
Shouldn't Bork be added to Category:Bosses? He's a huge, unique monster with good drops after all.
Name origen to trivia?
It's likely that the name 'Bork' is simply a fusion between 'big' and 'ork'. Trivia? Sol Levante 15:37, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
Since Bork is 'summoned' is it possible to use the Protect from Summoning prayer and avoid some of the damage? Lakor 20:49, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- No, use Protect from Melee to protect from Bork. The other damage is magic damage from Surok Magis who stands around occasionally casting spells. Using Protect from Melee and armour with high magic defense seems the best option. Amaurice talk 13:54, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
- Summoning pray doesn't work, it also doesn't work against his legions. I don't think summoning is a good representation. as they don't come from the spirit world. I think Bork and its legions are like reinforcements 'teleported by magic', and not summoned. If you understand. 11:08, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
Test of Black mask on Bork
Although the official Jagex manual only mentions the Black mask being effective against assigned slayer tasks, it does appear to be effective against Bork.
All other items and prayers were kept the same during the test. The other items included Karils body and legs, fury, dragon boots, barrows gloves, ring of wealth, skill cape, dragon axe (not using special), rune defender. Prayers were protection from melee and piety.
|Helm of neitiznot||43||0||7||41||29||47||31||10||14||51||Hits 75%||Avg 18.9|
|Black mask||16||49||47||39||20||0||35||23||35||47||Hits 85%||Avg 26.7|
What have you been assigned? Stormpride 21:39, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
I did some statistical analysis of the results, here are my calculations:
mean difference in sample = 7.75
standard deviation of difference = 23.8
Null hypothesis: mean = 0
Alternate hypothesis: mean > 0
z = (7.75 – 0) / (23.8 / sqroot(20)) = 1.46
P-value = P(z > 1.46) = 0.0721
This means there is a 7.21% chance that the difference we’re seeing is just a result of random chance. There's a statistically significant effect from the black mask; wear it. -- He The One 04:17, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- Gotta love stats. 09:59, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Although the calculations yield such results the lack of a significant sample size and ambiguity and lack of control makes the calculations not significant in the slightest. Next time you want to try and use statistics to prove something do your homework on how to gather statistically significant data son. ~Marvelous~
Bork is Tarns twin with armor
Razorlor is a (undead) Human, Bork is an Ork. Resemblance? none. Stormpride 21:39, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
If you had bothered to look at Tarns article you would have seen I meant his mutant that you fight. Don't be difficult on purpose, it serves no ones interest.--Degenret01 13:27, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Four orks, the mage doesn't start till a bit after they come.--220.127.116.11 09:51, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
Maybe you got him with Bork in the way. Yesterday he did not get a shot at me for about the first 4 rounds, today he was not missing any turns.--Degenret01 12:02, 31 August 2008 (UTC) Na, there isn't as such in the way, the first time I went the mage was on the far side, with bork and at least 30 squares between us. I had four last week, three this week. Mage was a bit more random than normal (every 4 rounds or so). tobylaneTalk 10:21, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Hi! In the Behind the Scenes of November 2008 Jagex says this:
|“||There were some great discussions on the forums taking the idea far beyond what we had originally imagined, so we decided to expand the idea out to another 'Distraction and Diversion' similar to the Shooting Star update or Bork from the Chaos Tunnels.||”|
— Jagex Behind the Scenes
Is this actually a Distraction and Diversion?-- . 19:04, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- I think they meant a repeatable event, like Tears of Guthix. WWTDD? 14:19, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Fighting Bork isn't an DnD because the start locations of DnDs change, this is what sets them apart from repeatable events like Tears of guthix, for which the start loactions stay fixed Chao.master 22:01, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- I think we can safely say that moving isn't necessary for it to be called a D&D. In Pyre Need D&D stays in one spot and Jagex calls it a Distraction & Diversion. --Sylor 0 17:04, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
Although Bork has pretty low especially for his lvl it says otherwise in the guide. I changed it before but someone changed it back. If I'm correct he has a def lvl of someone who got lvl 70 combat. Please change this. ty, Jeroen(j-g)
I added the template for the following reasons: Many of the content is false. For example it says that black mask or slayer helm help while its been confirmed multiple times by Jagex that it doesn't!. Also it says that it has a high defence while this isn't the case.
Thank You in advance, Jeroen
Ok, first, sign your name instead of typing it so we know who we are really talking to please. As far as Jagex saying otherwise, I will gladly accept that it was simply coincidence for both myself and Amaurice to separately come up with the mask working on Bork. But I would like to see these statements from Jagex please. Our tests lasted a few weeks to be as certain of our data as we could be. This was not a case of one day with and one day without the mask.--Degenret01 09:52, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
I just killed Bork yesterday for the first time with a slayer level of 42.... You don't need 44! But I'm not editing the Bork page yet because I'm not sure of the minimum level required...
~Kinto111~ 10:14, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
The only reference at ALL to ANY level requirement I found is here : Update:Chaos Tunnels: The Hunt for Surok which quite clearly states 44. The KB says nothing on the matter. It may be that Jagex changed it at some time, but most likely I think it's a bug. ~Artwich 13:37, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hope it's not a bug rofl.. Anyways, I'm kinda confused.. The miniquest infopage (on teh wiki)says nothin abiout 44 slayer required, but the bork page says he needs 44 slayer.. It may well be that 44 slayer is required after the first kill during the miniquest...--Zilenserztalk! Join the RSWP today! 10:09, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
you DO NOT need 44 slayer i killed him with only 41 slayer look me up on hiscores if u want (72simpson)
You don't need 44 Slayer, at least for the first time. I killed at 43 slayer and got the level up from him. This should be changed. Mythomagic5 06:42, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
In this article it says Bork is an Ork, like his examine states. But a bit further down, at the Trivia, it is speculated he is an Ourg, Fayrg or Raurg. On other pages too, like the Ourg page, Bork's name has popped up. I think this is unnecessary, as Bork's examine already says "That's one big Ork...", and I believe it. Hippodo 3113 10:34, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
- As of Juli 18, this info has been removed. Hippodo 3113 20:32, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
In support of Hippodo 3113's post. Since there are such things as Ourg, Fayrg or Raurg bones as evidenced by looting coffins in Jiggig then the fact that Bork drops big bones should be proof enough that he is an Ork. Ankylos 1254PM EST 08/15/2009 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Orks drop bones. Your reasoning proves he's not a ourg, fayrg or raurg; exactly what is said above. 19:35, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'd like to point out while that reasoning is true it doesn't prove it, General Graardor used to drop big bones as well until an update switched that to ourg bones he theoretically could be one of those based on looks but that's all. Until than he'll be refereed to as an ork as nothing but his examine gives away what race he could be. Chaos knight 10:14, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
http://www.bork.com/ -- 21:06, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Western wall safe spot no longer worked for me after yesterday's update. Also, mage's attack turns seemed either more unpredictable, or simply more quickly paced than usual. I've been killing Bork every day for well over a year now, and the timing has always been 6 crossbow attack turns per magic spell, with slight and unpredictable delays at the beginning of the instance, and again shortly thereafter when the second instance (the legion summoning) begins. I have 99 prayer and 84 ranged, and have been easily killing Bork without a sip of prayer potion or a bite of food for almost the entire time I've been doing it. I had to teleport out yesterday (at 6hp and under ranged attack from the legions) after eating 6 sharks and using my Enhanced Excalibur special attack twice, because it took me too long to successfully lure him back to the northern safespot, and the mage's attacks were not timed the same way anymore. Discuss. Whoa you got borked!!! Murd3rlogistTalk• Contribs • Sign here 12:47, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I only ranged Bork for a week then stopped as it takes way longer than melee, so I don't know about safe spots. But yesterday and today the mage did his normal hit every 20 seconds with time resetting when the legions come.--Degenret01 06:26, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Elite Clue Scroll - very rare?
Since when is 1 in 20 a 'very rare' drop? This is the most common elite clue dropper in the game, as far as I know it's more common than the rune med at 'uncommon'. http://www.webcitation.org/5t5rruBYB <= proof that it's 1 in 20.
- Thanks for noticing that, i'll change it. 09:26, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Thats not right, the 1/20 rate is for the Skeletal Horror, not Bork. It says "once a week" on the page you cited. That would be the horror; Bork is once a day. I have not yet seen any evidence suggesting Bork's drop rate, but I can assure you it is higher than 1/20. I have reverted it back to very rare until we do get other information. 20:13, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
How often does the mage cast his spell?
Just wondered how many crossbow shots on accurate or seconds or game ticks does it take for the mage to cast another spell after the last one he cast? It is important because when I am safe ranging, switching to Protect from Mage at the right time helps A LOT to save food.
20:24, November 10, 2010 (UTC)Pika
- Not sure how useful this will be to you but I usually get 5 casts of fire wave in safely. Could you not just count for yourself between two casts? Although I admit it would be useful to state the time in the article (presuming it isnt already) Henneyj 02:05, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
In the trivia it says "Despite being an ork, which are usually followers of Bandos, Bork is ressurected by the power of Zamorak." Bork is a follower of Bandos, which you can see from the Fur 'n' Seek/Wish List where number 7 is the femur of a follower of Bandos, and Bork can drop this.
New Ring of Wealth effect
I have completed Varrock elite tasks, so normally get:
- Charms: 10 blue, 14 crimson, 4 green
- Gems: 2 ruby, 2 emerald, 2 sapphire
With Ring of Wealth equipped, I get:
- Charms: 10 blue (same), 17 crimson (3 extra), 5 green (1 extra)
- Gems: 3 ruby (1 extra), 4 emerald (2 extra), 1 sapphire (1 LESS), 1 diamond (1 extra)
Odd that I've got one less sapphire. I'm pretty sure I picked everything up. What do non-varrock elite borks drop?
Don't forget to ignore what the little orklings drop :)
18:56, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
- UPDATE - My second Bork trip yielded exactly the same drops. I don't think they are as random as suggested in the article here. I can't undo my Varrock Elite tasks so I can't investigate what is dropped by Bork for people who haven't. Can someone, anyone who hasn't got Varrock Armour 4 please post here what they get from Bork only (Not including the Ork Legion drops)? 18:49, March 17, 2011 (UTC)
- UPDATE UPDATE - Someone has posted in the main article that they got the following results:
- Without Varrock elite tasks, normally get:
- Charms: 5 blue, 7 crimson, 2 green
- Gems: 1 ruby, 1 emerald, 1 sapphire
- With Ring of Wealth equipped:
- Charms: 7 blue (2 extra), 10 crimson (3 extra), 2 green (same)
- Gems: 2 ruby (1 extra), 3 emerald (2 extra), 0 sapphire (1 LESS), 1 diamond (1 extra)
- With Ring of Wealth equipped:
- So for gems the pattern seems to be: Add 1 extra ruby, add 2 extra emeralds, swap 1 sapphire for 1 diamond.
- No such pattern for the charms, assuming they are correct.
- Can someone double-check these drops? 22:39, March 17, 2011 (UTC)
- I haven't done the elite rtasks, and with ring of wealth, got 5 blues, 10 crim, 3 green RSC Bell 20:47, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
- That's what I was suspecting - The Ring of Wealth has a consistent effect. I'll edit that in.
- 21:01, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
- UPDATE? - I read with interest that charm dropping is increased with the Ring of Wealth so I went to see Bork (it's been two years) with Ring equipped and I received NO extra charms as a result - just the 5 blue 7 crimson 2 green I've gotten before. I have Varrock 'hard' armor, btw. That doesn't seem to have anything to do with this, but I'll mention it so you know elite armor isn't involved.DougSimpson 18:07, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
24 hour lockout
I just teleported out of the Bork chamber as I had just gotten a bronze dragon tail-bone and needed a breather. When I get back, I get the "portal not working" message. Is it a lockout for fighting Bork, or for defeating Bork? That's an important distinction, and either I've been glitched or that's the way it is for everyone. -- TLWS 22.214.171.124 20:00, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
Triple charm drops
Do triple charm drops from familisation work with bork? And does it work with ring of wealth/varrock armour which give bonus charms??
add more 100% drop tables?
Since his 100% drop is effected by both the Ring of Wealth and the Elite Varrokc tasks, would it not be a nice idea to add those to the 100% drop table too? Add 2-3 more rows: 1 with using the Ring, one with the Elite tasks, and maybe anothe one with Ring+Elite tasks. Any ideas?11:03, November 9, 2011 (UTC)
leech mage seems to say straight away that it cannot weaken the enemy further... this would mean he has very low if not 0 magic level.
If so flames of Zamorak and other magic lvl reducing attacks/prayers would not have an effect, It would be better to focus on damage rather than lowering his mage defence.
126.96.36.199 19:45, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
Can anyone confirm if bork really drops effigys? I've killed tons of borks without an effigy so was jw.02:11, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
- The more effigies you have in your bank the less chance there is of one being dropped. If you have five or more effigies, the chance becomez zero. 16:49, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
I'm aware of that, but before the effigy nerf update, I havn't got any effigys from bork and I killed him almost every day.21:57, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Is there a portal between RuneScape and Alderaan now? Anyway, I don't remember getting any effigies from Bork either, but then again I have only gotten 8 effigies ever in my life, so Bork is not the only monster that is known for dropping effigies of which I haven't gotten one. 17:02, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
please Add your drop verification here
Just added verification request text to bad info.... it at least dissagrees with the drop table lower in the page and some fan sites are sayoing that the ring of wealth doubles charm drop.... here only says it adds 3 crimsom and 1 green (zero blue) wethere or not the varrock elite doubles the base please need four responses with drop total for each of the four responses... with and without elite done and with and without ring of realth being worn 188.8.131.52 06:29, July 22, 2012 (UTC)