This change added copy-pasted text from a Jagex newspost. This is a copyright violation, as Jagex newsposts are not licensed under the CC-BY-SA license. However, the edit cannot be reverted, because according to the editor, "blanking pages" is vandalism. Maybe an admin or somebody else with appropriate privileges can take care of this. 220.127.116.11 14:01, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
Bonus (exp) for who?Edit
It doesn't matter who made the bonfire. You will get bonus xp regardless. 18.104.22.168 16:36, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Correction: I'm experiencing a 50% bonus xp rate at the moment. I have a dwarven army axe and cooking gauntlets equipped and am cooking on my own bonfire. Lobsters give 135 xp each. This might be a bug...? 22.214.171.124 16:43, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
Book of Char Unleash experience? Edit
Does work with bonfiring, er? Surely not too recommanted i'd guess, as for the speed...
Different exp rates Edit
While using the bonfire, me and a few other people noticed we were getting different xp rates for adding maple logs. I believe xp is related not only to items, but firemaking level.
for me: maple logs, 64 firemaking, ring of fire, 5+ players, 158 xp.
other players were noticing xp as high as 179
Thunder9092 18:58, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
maple logs, 98 fm, ring of fire, flame gloves, 5+ players, 190.1 xp
- Depends on how many players are burning logs. Maple logs - 96 FM - Ring of Fire / Flame Gloves - 7+ prayer - 181.5xp - 1 player. Muud Talk to me! | Sign me! | MuudyBot!
Contributions! | Edits! 00:24, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
There is a separate factor to the experience bonus gained with bonfires other than simply how many people are using them. Yesterday I training my firemaking from 61 to 74, using maple logs the entire time. I was using a fire 2 steps from a bank at the G.E., and roughly 95% of my logs were given the maximum 5+ person bonfire boost. However, when I was at firemaking lvl 61, the experience ranged between 148 and 154 (mostly alternating between 153 and 154 from the 4% bonus). By the time I had hit 74 firemaking, those same maple logs (in the same area, wearing the same items) had increased to experience between 156 and 163 (mostly alternating between 162 and 163 from the 4% bonus). I noticed this maximum experience increase progress steadily with every firemaking level I gained, and I believe it was at a constant gain per level, something close to an additional 0.7 exp per firemaking level for maple logs. As the numbers show, by merely increasing 13 levels, my minimum experience per log (just me with a bonfire) had grown to exceed the maximum person bonfire experience per log that I had begun training with. I'd say with 99.9% certainty that your firemaking level factors into the equation.
- On top of this xp boost per level, should we also determine just how the bonuses stack? I have 97 fm, earning 180.4xp per maple log, with no boosts except for the +4% for the number of people. I think a table for raw information in this way might be a good idea. KurosakisTwin 21:36, May 15, 2012 (UTC) (edit: logged in)
Firemaking Calculated XP with Bonfires + Regular Edit
The video is here, because I tried earlier today to paste it in, but lack of formatting.
Here is the 1080p video of it with commentary along with a little bit of my formulas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7rTRZw-6c --Fonic Artes 00:26, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
Does the duration of the fire extended according to the log added, or reset according to the log added to the bonfire?
The duration is only affected by the initial log. Aximillio 16:06, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
"Adding logs into a bonfire that is being used by more players grants a (what?) Firemaking experience boost compared to the basic experience for adding logs to one's own bonfires."
Seems somebody missed out a word. The "(what?)" of course was just added by me to show.
126.96.36.199 13:41, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
The rate of experience increase is relative to the number of other players involved, so specifying a number here would make the sentence inaccurate. It is already a true statement to mention that it does increase firemaking exp by having more players involved.
Higher lvl logs = less burn?Edit
I was wondering.. is it correct that fires of higher lvl logs give less burn to cooked food than lower lvl logs?16:22, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
I believe this is only correct within Daemonheim. Aximillio 16:06, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hitpoints boost - usage?Edit
For players fighting TzTok-Jad without 95 ranged (or extreme potions, chaotic crossbow, or overloads), would it be worth swapping out some of the Saradomin brews / Super Restores in the inventory and putting 1 willow log + 5 magic (or yew or eucalyptus) logs? Then on Wave 62 while fighting the Ket-Zeks, light up the willow log (since you have Protect from Magic Prayer on, you don't have to worry about getting killed in Wave 62) and then add the 5 higher-levelled logs onto the bonfire, to get the maximum hitpoints boost (bonfires combo with Saradomin brew for extra lifepoints boost) to face off against TzTok-Jad in Wave 63?
Or perhaps make a bonfire before doing a floor in dungeoneering, light up the highest-levelled logs you can in a bonfire, get the hitpoints boost, then enter the dungeon?
~~penguin 188.8.131.52 15:10, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes its worth using for dungeoneering as it give a nice bonus when you start and with yew logs should easily last the duration of a dungeon. Similar to asking is it worth gaining levels in consistution. Yes its always nice, but not completely needed.
- As for bosses I've found it helps a great deal at Dominion Tower when using a unicorn or sara brews (10% more healing), high level quest bosses ie Pest Queen or Nomad and for quick high level risky bossing like solo tribrid dks.
- For other bosses I'm not too sure. If you plan on fighting them for longer then 55 minutes (minus 5 minutes for travel/prep time), I can't really see it being worth the hassle to take logs (6, 1 + 5 for the boost). For Jad however I could see if being very useful given his KO potiental.
- JoeDaStudd 15:55, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
bonfire vs jadinko lair (curly roots) Edit
what is the fastest firemaking xp/h?
Jadinko lair (curly roots) at lvl 83 woodcutting with adze or
bonfire (maple logs with ring of fire + flame gloves)
Maples & BonfiresEdit
Maples have different exp rates for different Firemaking levels. Tip.it has figured it out on their calculator here...
For example, I am currently level 89 and the following are my exp rates using maples:
- 135 exp - lighting normally
- 168 exp - Adding to bonfire (just me)
- 175 exp - Adding to bonfire + ring + gloves (just me)
- 174 exp - Adding to bonfire (5+ players)
- 183 exp - Adding to bonfire + ring + gloves (5+ players)
Whereas, players (editing the page) have been receiving anywhere from 149.5 to 190.1 exp using different methods of bonfires.
We also need to get rid of the "Bonfire Max XP with: Ring of fire, Flame Gloves, Firemaking ring" column as it is impossible to wear 2 rings?12:06, September 30, 2012 (UTC)