Chaos Tunnels Resource Dungeon Edit
- As far as I know, yes. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 23:57, February 12, 2011 (UTC)
- how would you even get a cannon in there anyway? you have to go through the chaos tunnels which don't allow cannons 184.108.40.206 23:41, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
Safe spot Edit
- Yes. A picture of where it is would be good too. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot 16:57, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
Chaos Tunnels Edit
- Yes, you can. There's a large safespot for range/mage on the north crossroad of the black demons near to the entrance to Bork (you pass through there on the quickest route to Bork). See image:
- [[File:Chaos tunnels black demon safespot.png]]
- The red circle is the safespot. |The demons are simply too big to fit in there, and none spawn there. Note that there are other spots in the room, since the demons are so large they can get stuck on all the barrels, sacks and crates in their room. 22:17, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Is it worth noting that only one graphical type of Black Demon drops charms? They Drop Charms About 60% of the time. but again ONLY one graphical type of the black demons. All four of the black demons in the chaos tunnels are of this graphical type, but there is only one in taverley and none in the edgeville dungeon. This gives players the false assumption that Black Demons only drop charms rarely, except for the ones in the chaos tunnels. This is likely a bug, but has not been fixed in 7 months. So, is anyone willing to verify this, as well as tell me if it is suitable for the article? Boa1891 08:34, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- I completed a slayer assignment of 170 in Taverly, and didn't get a single charm. This confused me, as greaters drop them at a pretty good rate, hence my visit here. I'm probably not the only one, so it is worth noting on the main page, I think. Spike2021 11:57, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well it's not the only thing funny about them. Greaters drop rune full helms and clues, blacks drop rune med helms and no clues. o_O Next time I make a trip down to the CT Blacks, I'll take a picture and make sure the article notes that currently only that graphical type of black demon drops charms. Boa1891 13:16, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm doing a slayer assignment, about 100 killed, and I've gotten 31 golds, 11 greens, 2 blues and 40 crimsons, they drop them very often, and I haven't just been killing one type, more importantly, I doubt Jagex would alter the drops based on which type of demon was being killed.--Long Live Armadyl 01:09, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
Well i've been placed under the impression that all monsters in the chaos tunnels have a higher drop rate for charms. I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but it might explain the charm problem above --TheMrBryanqwert 14:30, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
I recently did a slayer task on Black demons in Taverly dungeon and i collected a total of 145 charms (might have missed a few) on 190 kills, with 77 of them being crimsons. There is no difference, Jagex fixed it. It is somewhere in a news post but im not going to look it up.-- Ruderion (Talk) 20:02, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Max hit? Edit
The first paragraph says Black demons can "hit up to 20" but later says "hit up to 16". Yeeps, which is correct? Inelcirc 02:33, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
In my experience, they have only hit 16 on me. Can someone confirm this then edit the article?
I'm 1 defence and they have only hit up to 160 (adjusted for lp) on me. However, I have only had minimal experience because obviously I have to use safespots. (StoleCretion 05:46, June 9, 2010 (UTC))
The article says black demons drop 'all herbs', but this seems unlikely. Grimy torstol supposedly isn't dropped by any monster. Grimy snapdragon and Grimy toadflax probably aren't dropped by the demon, either. In this case, the article probably should 'most herbs' or 'all common herbs'. Inelcirc 15:09, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- There should be a distinction with dropable herbs. Some herbs, like the above mentioned, are never dropped by monsters.-- Ruderion (Talk) 20:05, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
CLue scroll? Edit
Do these drop clues at all?
Some say yes, some say no, But mostly, i believe is No.
- No they don't.-- Ruderion (Talk) 20:03, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- They don't Villike 13:17, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
chaos tunnels black demon Edit
I have a picture of a level 10 combat summon pure with all stats at level 1 in the chaos tunnels at the safe spot, should this be added?
black demons Edit
ok i was under edgeville with a friend doing slayer, y does one demon have a red crescent by his feet?
- Yea, i noticed the ones in brimhaven dungeon have rings around them. I dont know why though. 11:46, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Black 2h Sword Edit
That is not a very rare drop, I have had it almost as commonly (I have no numbers but I've been camping them for around 7 hours overall recently) as the regular black sword. I have definitely had it with higher frequency than the rune chainbody which I have gotten 4 of. (StoleCretion 05:50, June 9, 2010 (UTC))
Max Hit Edit
I was just in the chaos tunnels grabbing a drop and a black demon hit a 162 on me, not sure if its the max it can hit, but it is definitely larger than 160. Does anyone else have more information on this? It doesn't seem to hit above 140 often and I'm 1 defence so yeah, its pretty easy to tell generally... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stolecretion (talk) on 04:11, 11 June 2010.
- If you spot a max hit higher than the one documented, go ahead and add it, no need to clear it with anyone else. And don't worry if it might not be the true max hit, if someone finds one that's higher, they'll just go ahead and change it again. We have a policy for this kind of situation, RuneScape:Be bold, saying basically that as long as its in good faith, just do it! Just about anything can easily be undone, and there's no need to worry about it. 04:21, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Of course, if you can use Monster Examine that'd be even better 15:05, June 11, 2010 (UTC)
Added template(s) Drop ListEdit
I've changed the drop list to the new table format. Some of the rarities may be wrong, especially for those which were not written originally. I used the Abyssal Demon page as a reference for style as well as some rarities, particularly runes, the rest were based on my own memory of demon slaying. sodotty 09:11, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
More frequent charm drops in Chaos Tunnels? Edit
What is the source of this claim?
I have not witnessed this boost.
Not worth the time? Edit
"making killing them for any other reason than a slayer assignment not worth the time." (from first paragraph)
I know it mentioned the ashes update but seeing as how the price of infernal ashes is going to be relatively close to dragon bones, I'd say Black Demons are now very much worth the time even outside a slayer task. I know we have green and blue dragons that have better 100% drops and are lower leveled but sometimes a variety is nice, and Black Demons are now worth killing.
Rare/Strange drop? Edit
I was just killing these guys for slayer when one dropped noted Adamantite ore. I picked it up and there were 727 of them. A drop of about 910k value. I've never heard oft his but I'm sure it was dropped by the demon, so what the heck? (Not that I'm complaining? Maybe it has something to do with the new Ring of Wealth which i was equipping at the time. Any explanations? Thanks 17:49, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Also, 1000 fire orbs drop wearing ring of wealth. 220.127.116.11 17:31, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
Lucky day for me! First 1000 fire, now 1000 air orbs drop wearing ring of wealth! 18.104.22.168 18:06, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
Just got 6726 noted coal. 22.214.171.124 19:06, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
Also just got 6 Magic seeds just now. thats another 2m. =) 126.96.36.199 19:52, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
Just got 200 noted Battlestaff, while wearing Ring of Wealth. 1.7m, March 27, 2011
Uncut Dragonstone Edit
I just got an uncut dragonstone from a black demon, so have added it to the list of drops.
The rarity has been set as "ring of wealth" but I wasn't wearing one when I got the drop.
Archermanme: I recieved a cut dragonstone and added it, someone removed it. It was NOT from a RoW.
- that's cause you dont need to hacve a row with you. its just more common.
500 Big Bone drop Edit
I got a 500 big bone note from black demons today. I was going to add them to the drop table but I don't know how lol
Brand Muffins 19:01, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
Arrow Drops Edit
I'm fairly certain that 150 rune arrows is a rare drop table drop, and I have never heard of Black Demons dropping bronze arrows. Is this true?
just got a 150 rune arrow drop, no ring of wealth 188.8.131.52 01:50, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- The ring of wealth increases the chance of rare items from the rare drop table, but the ring is not required in order to access the rare drop table. 20:27, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
Dragon Dagger Drop Edit
I just got a dragon dagger drop for the ones in taverly dungeon
- That was from the RDT, so it's already on there, under the Rare Drop Table tab. S T Y G 05:30, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
Post EoC Black DemonsEdit
Well it seems these things are extremely weak now especially defensively. If you use cbow/shield and use rejuvenate you won't need food. They are 462xp a kill + 154xp for hp and can be killed easily in large numbers, making these great for ranged training. In a 30 minute trial I killed 167 of them for 77,154 ranged xp using a black salamander while also picking up their drops. That's 154,308 xp/hr and can be improved since 1) it will be faster if you don't pick up drops, 2) I have 89 ranged and I'm assuming higher levels can get more, 3) I didn't pot, potting would probably increase kill rate, 4) I didn't pray, prayer would increase kill rate, 5) I did not use a familiar or a cannon. This means if all the above were taken into consideration, this would be comparable to chinning pre-EoC
爱伦184.108.40.206 13:05, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
January 14 EoC change made these guys extremely annoying, Even with 93 ranged I'm missing 60% of my shots.
Melee weapons Edit
Not sure if this statement still holds...
- Black demons have a very strong defense against slash weapons. Crush weapons, such as chaotic maul, are efficient if you are using melee.
Pretty sure I had a significantly higher hit rate using abyssal whip + enhanced excalibur as compared to dual dragon maces. Anyone else with a similar experience? Crystral (talk) 13:55, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Rune 2h? Edit
I seem to have gotten a rune 2h drop. I can't find it in the loot list, so is it a really rare drop that hasn't been listed yet?
- Could just be this: Rdt#Armour_and_equipment. 07:22, April 8, 2013 (UTC)