The examine text is "elementally balanced" - added that.
I'm having trouble fighting this guy. He can lower your stats to 1, and I can't tell what his magic and ranged attacks are. I assume his fire bow attack is ranged based, but his other attack which looks like a flying rock wasn't blocked out by Protect from Magic. Unless it's the other way around? And according to the article he can get stuck on the rubble in the room, but I can't seem to get him stuck even though I'm using ranged.16:54, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Ignore the above paragraph, as I have already defeated him.
Anyway, if anyone can record all of the Balance Elemental's dialogue, it'd be appreciated. The one currently on the page isn't the whole thing.00:31, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
His 'flying rock' attack seems like an long-range Melee attack. When I used protect from melee when it was about to use it, I took no damage, and when i didn't use it, I took 20-24 damage...--03:19, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
This monster shouldn't be in the deceased characters list. By the sound of what he says when you defeat him, you nearly kill him, but he goes back to his home just before he dies. Wrathanet 02:45, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
"And to protect the Stone until such a time as, near to death, whereby you are relieved of all duties and shall henceforth be returned to your home plane with the gratitude and blessings of Guthix."
Sounds to me the Balance Elemental died, "to protect the stone until near to death" and being "relieved of all duties" then being "returned to his home plane" which could mean he passed on and went to the closest thing to heaven or a heaven like place. Axearmour1 01:19, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yes. "Until near death", not "until dead". How do you equate "home plane" with heaven? My home plane isn't heaven. JalYt-Xil-Vimescarrot
"Strongest quest monster in Runescape" EditWhat about the Corporal Beast? -- 15:20, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
You dont have to kill CB to finish a quest Serducho1 12:40, 14 March 2009 (UTC)Oh, that makes sense. -- 14:36, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
Considering some of the creatures dialogue, it sounds like he may appear in a future quest. Also, it speaks as if it knows the player. Could a character have been transformed into the elemental?
- "And to protect the stone until such time as, near to death, whereby you are relieved of all duties and shall henceforth be returned to your home plane with the blessings and gratitude of Guthix". Something tells me he isn't dead, but was sent to his "home plane" when we fought with him until he was "near death". We will be seeing more of him soon... Jampolo 23:20, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
Alternate theory Edit
For those here who may have watched Naruto this creatures dialogue is eerily reminiscent of the character Raiga. I went ahead and added it to the article but feel free to remove it until you watch the episodes featuring him for confirmation. RoryJ 10:44, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Does not make senseEdit
On the Balance elementals page, it claims it is the 10th strongest monster on runescape, also at the bottom it say's that it is the strongest quest monster succeeding the Inadequacy, this implies that the Inadequacy is lower than 10th, then in the Monsters featured on duel cards, it claims they feature the 10 strongest creatures in runescape, despite only showing 9 monsters, one of the monsters shown is the Inadaquacy meaning it must be one of the top 10, which if the previous statements were true would not be possible, now i know alot about runescape and have edited a lot of pages on this wiki and this confuses me, so what chance is a new player going to have to know the truth, could someone who knows full the truth of all these'facts' perhaps edit the pages I have mentioned and perhaps others as you see nessicary.
- The balance elemental is the 10th strongest monster in RuneScape, but the 9th strongest fought in conventional means, which puts the inadequacy at the 10th place for the strongest monsters in RuneScape fought by conventional means. 01:35, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Can you use Summoning against the Balance Elemental? Seeing as familiars have high hp, I was thinking of making the familiar "tank" it, saving me some food. Or, if the familiar isn't targeted, I could use it for some extra damage. Zigzagzigal 20:44, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ahh. I've just had a look, and I found it does work, and it's an effective way of stopping the Balance Elemental meleeing you. Zigzagzigal 20:53, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- I just used my terrorbird to bring food for me.. my terrorbird was out of range during all the fight while I killed the elemental... He is a weakling compared to other boss monsters like the Inadequancy. I didn't even get to use my terrorbird at any time during the fight ;-) 01:03, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Crap details Edit
1. There is no way to trap it. 2. He has VERY HIGh defence against stab. 3. He does not change attacks every 3/4, I nearly died twice going on this advice. He changes nearly all attacks.
1. Everything you said is wrong 2. Nobody cares about your spam/stupidity 3. Please dont bother posting anymore
Do you think i would be able to kill it? Edit
If so, how?
My runescape username is --REMOVED--, i have 96 attack, 85 defence, 80 range, and 76 magic
thanks in advance :P --REMOVED-- 11:08, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe you could, after all it is your file, the tactics can be found on the article. Good luck if you try. Ruud (talk)(Suggest me naems) 11:12, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- You easily can beat it, I managed to beat it with 80 attack and strength, 75 defence, 70 ranged and 70 magic, and I didn't even have to get sharks from my terrorbird, and swapping prays work, they do something similar to Tormented demons, hitting three/four times then changing combat styles, and showing it changed combat styles by using a "flying rock" attack, which seems to be long-range melee-based, as my protect from melee prayer worked with it. 22:29, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
"the second strongest quest monster" Edit
22:01, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
When it's possible Edit
Okay, so I am the living proof of that the elemental isn't very hard. With a Rune Crossbow, Ruby (e) and Diamond (e) bolts, and some standard black dragonhide, I managed to defeat the elemental with ease... having just 70 ranged and 65 prayer at the time.
The bolts are really powerful, and I hereby recommend them as a way of bosskilling everywhere.
Can you list your stratagy for it? I have 71 ranged and 64 prayer, so i can really use your help --Qazwsx753421 23:04, March 24, 2011 (UTC)
Strategy section needs work Edit
It may just be me, but the strategy section atm is complete crap.
A warning on using poison Edit
Beware letting the Balance Elemental die of poison. This happened to me and I had to fight it all over again. 18.104.22.168 23:54, June 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I poisoned it during the fight and killed it with melee and right after it died, you saw a final 1 damage from poison. It did not cause any problems for me though. Dsctatom 05:48, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
Right after I killed it, there were normal bones on the ground. Unless there is another explanation for this, it drops bones. Dsctatom 05:49, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
This doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere else, can you damage the balance elemental with deflect curses/a ring of recoil? Ctrl+F'ing the words "deflect" and "recoil" on this and the WGS page doesn't come up with anything. EDIT: Forgot to sign. 22.214.171.124 22:05, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
Difficulty after EoCEdit
Just did this with a royal crossbow/royal bolts and royal dhide. The fight lasted less than a few seconds. He definitely does NOT have 50,000 life points as the template suggests (Not sure who put that there or if it has been nerfed since, or what). I also did not sustain a single point of damage, he got 2 magic attacks off on my, both splashed. (i was not praying magic). I don't know exact lifepoints but if I had to guess it was closer to 5000 instead of 50000, so I have edited it accordingly, however if someone gets a for sure number please correct it. Jerry Fed (talk) 11:02, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
Just wanted to say I had a similar experience to you. After reading the wiki I was preparing for the fight of my life and it was over in literally a few seconds. I used a Polypore Staff and Ganodermic Armour and took no damage. Bazhil (talk) 06:32, January 11, 2013 (UTC)