(rare) drop confirmation, pls?Edit
Can someone confirm the shield half / dragon spear / rune spear / rune javelin drop? I Killed thousends of them, and never got any of these drops. Same applies to friends, they also didnt get such drops.Theevil90 15:22, 21 October 2008 (UTC) ==Armadyl armour
- Just the bodyguards and Kree'era.
Doomedrusher|Talk||Contributions||Edit Count| 11:31, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
- Slayer experience is equal to hitpoints of the monster. --Andorin (Talk) (Contribs) 20:36, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Not always, sometimes its seems to overguess the npc's hp, even taking into account healing. tobylaneTalk 17:48, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
I think the guide for killing them is a bit controversial Freefall333
- I thought guides like that weren't allowed...Sir Revan125 14:18, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
Is it possible to mage them at all? 184.108.40.206 12:12, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, just silly as they are powerful and not in armour. As far as we know, they aren't like demons (armourless and still fairy weak to mage) tobylaneTalk 17:48, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- I think he means in barrage but true plates are weak to mage. --Boilar 19:07, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
I tried to attack them with magic wearing ranged tank armour and i managed to do pretty good deal of damage to the lvl 131 one using fire wave, so i would say they are pretty weak to magic despite being rangers, should this be added to the article under weaknesses? floppyc5 21:46, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
- to add to what i said, u can kill them very easily and they seem to be criplilingly weak to magic. floppyc5 21:51, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
- I've made about 20mil there, and I highly suggest you don't use magic. Ranged is much better. Jedi Talk 18:28, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
they are extraordinarily weak to magic (I use water/fire wave wheneer i get air runes and bloods as drops. consistently hit over 12 in range armor [arma top, black d'hide]). however, i wouldn't suggest using magic because it's so dang expensive ~TzMej-Jad
It should still be mentioned as magic is a very tedious skill to train, and even if magic only breaks even it still could prove a useful way to train because the base xp for fire surge is much higher than the base xp from alchemy, and much faster.
Adamant bar drop rate. Edit
I know thia is a silly thing to suggest, but it seems like the drop rate is 26% or so, I ALWAYS end up with more bars than kills. Anyone else get this? tobylaneTalk 18:31, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- I usually get more kill than bars. And even once, I only had 4 bars after 22 aviansie. Ring of wealth was not used.=/ Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 00:07, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- I usually get more kills then bars. And thats even with ring of wealth used. Juliusc01 21:06, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- I always end up with around the same amount of both of them: kills and bars...-- 18:38, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
I usually end up with a bar to kill ratio of 2:1.--Long Live Armadyl 16:01, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- I've kept track and have killed 19,433 Aviansie and got 17,971 bars, which I think is a bar every 1.08 kills. And no ring of wealth either. Horsehead Talk 15:14, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oh nice! that seems to be right. I usually get like 36 bars for 40 kc and sometimes I get more 18:23, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I say if you have a trip where bars > or = to kills, you're lucky. If the opposite, it's just a decent trip or you're unlucky. Jedi Talk 18:30, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
I'm not sure if the Ring of Wealth affects Adamantite bar drops. They aren't rare, nor that valuable (the only reason they're valuable is because they are dropped often; if they were dropped every 500 kills, then no one would consider it valuable), and the ring supposedly affects the drop rate of rare, valuable items.18:31, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, it makes rare drops common. That's why I bring an archer ring there. Jedi Talk 18:33, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
After 500 kills I still have a solid 22.5% Chance of a Drop Or 9/10 Bars for your KC. I will upload some Pics later to prove this. No Ring of Wealth was used. 220.127.116.11 15:28, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
Every time I go, I get slightly more bars than kills, ratio is usually around 1:1 18.104.22.168 06:49, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
When i was there for 1,000 kills without leaving (ridiculous, right?) i had 1,004 bars while i was using row. when i had 323 kills without row, i had 304 bars. ring of wealth has nothing to do with "valuable" items in the sense of the way ppl use it now, but "rare" drops for the mosnter. check out the KB page on enchanted jewellry. ~TzMej-Jad
i usually get 1.2 bars\kill, approx. got 1.1k aviansies with 1200ish bars
Taken from trivia "Over 1325 kills, 1284 bars were obtained, or 321 drops, resulting in a drop just over every 4 kills." Could be a good start if we do this. 00:17, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
From my expiriance there its about a 20-30% drop rate (high range i know) ring of wealth theoretically reduces the chance of addy drops becuase rune items and rare drop table items will more likly take the place of your addy drop.03:41, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I've never had a charm drop and i've killed lots. 22:40, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Aviansies do NOT drop charms...which kinda makes you wonder as to why. Lies! I get gold charms all teh time, i just ignore them....
aviansies NEVER, EVER, drop charms of any kind. ~TzMej-Jad
NO RANARR Edit
210 kills, no ranarr, guess drop table got updated.
edited the ratio aswell, its 1 to 1 bars 2-3 is just ridicilous.
- Not getting a ranarr in your 210 kills does not necessarily mean that it has been removed from the drop table. I've gotten them as drops before. 1 kill - 1 bar ratio can't be correct because you can't be getting an adamantite bar drop every kill. C.ChiamTalk 12:52, September 24, 2009 (UTC)
got a ranarr at kill # 241. which means its not very common to me... 242 kills, 260 bars....
- In that case, I believe we're talking about different things here. The article was actually referring to the ratio of the number of kills to the number of times there was an adamant bar drop. You're talking about the bars themselves. I'll clarify this in the article. C.ChiamTalk 13:06, September 24, 2009 (UTC)
This is getting ridicilous, 3 kills a bar ratio., im editing it to 4 kills 4 bars ratio.
Ring of Wealth Edit
So does the row positvely or negatively affect the amount of cash you make from addy bars and other high-alchable/stackable items? Have any logs been recorded? HxC Ferret 19:26, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I typically get 1 bar drop per [slightly less than] 4 kills with row, while a bit over 1 in 5 without ~TzMej-Jad
Drop rate table Edit
- This has been suggested on forums, and it should be discussed there. HaloTalk 17:16, March 22, 2010 (UTC)
I confirm rune javs as drop, just got while getting killcount, amazed nevr seen before. Goodbye my luck.
Ranged creatures, melee weakness?Edit
I was wondering, since they're ranged creatures, their combat weakness should be mostly melee - right? But because they fly you can't, and the other attack genres are their weakness. But with a salamander you can attack them with melee. Are they then also more vunarable to these melee attacks then to the other types of attack? Seems worthwhile to investigate - I would, but unfortunately: I'm a non-member.
- Yes, I would like to know as well. What is a good way of finding this out? 20:29, July 25, 2011 (UTC)
Editing needed in trivia section Edit
Please could the following section, particularly regarding what also counts for Bandos followers, be edited for clarity:
"Aviansie will never attack Saradomin followers, and vice versa, because Armadyl and Saradomin formed an alliance as their beliefs are very similar. However, players wearing Saradomin items but not Armadyl items are still attacked by the Aviansie. This also counts for Bandos followers."
I'm afraid I don't have sufficient experience with the god wars dungeon to make this edit myself.
--Sepia Knight 12:35, October 24, 2011 (UTC)
When training ranged i noticed aviansies (over the grapple) seemed to hit a lot less frequently standing far away from then. When standing close to them they hit a lot more frequently. Haven't got much time testing it out as im very busy with quest cape, so could anyone please check this?
Need a videorEdit
The 'An Aviansie flying in place' video needs to be updated-I can vid it tomorrow, but it would be nice if someone else could.18:11, September 7, 2012 (UTC)