A Tackle box is a reward from Fish Flingers Distractions and Diversions. It comes in 5 different levels. Fishing equipment, fishing bait, and fish can be stored in it. It also enables players to send a certain number of raw fish back to their bank every day, and it can be operated to discover the next competition time for Fish Flingers. If destroyed, players may claim another one from the fisherman, free of charge. All items stored in the tackle box would still be intact.
There are five tackle boxes, the higher level ones costing more, but having greater benefits. One must have the previous tackle box before claiming the next one.
|Tackle box||Slots|| Remote|
|Tool||Bait (per slot)||Glove||Raw fish|
- ^ Raw fish teleported to bank per day
- ^ Tokens are expended on purchase of an item
- ^ Medals are cumulative and retained on purchase of an item
The following tools and items can all be stored in the tackle boxes, but some tools can also be stored on a player's tool belt.
|Can be stored in tool belt||Cannot be stored in tool belt|
|Small fishing net||Small cast net|
|Big fishing net||Big cast net|
|Fishing rod||Oily fishing rod|
|Fly fishing rod||Karambwan vessel|
|Barbarian rod||Fishing urns (only (r), but all tiers)|
|Lobster pot||Sacred clay harpoon|
|Crayfish cage||Volatile clay harpoon|
- ^ a b c d The fishing nets (small and big) have the same practical use as their cast nets alternatives.
The only difference is that fishing nets are kept in a person's inventory/tool belt, while cast nets can also be wielded.
- ^ a b c d A harpoon, barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon work the same, but the barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon must be wielded. A barb-tailed harpoon, sacred clay harpoon, and volatile clay harpoon override the use of Barbarian bare-handed fishing.
- ^ a b Unlike other fishing equipment, only one may be stored at a time.
- ^ The outfit has to be worn in order to gain the Fishing bonus experience. Hence, the outfit slots are only useful for conserving bank space and quick withdrawal.
- ^ Only used for Barbarian Fishing.
- ^ a b c d e Possible reward from the Fist of Guthix minigame.
- ^ Possible reward from the Family Crest quest.
- Until the update on 6 June 2012, a Tackle box could not hold a Crayfish cage or Karambwan vessel, despite them being fishing equipment.
- Tackle boxes are not allowed on Entrana even when there are no items in it.
- Challenge Mistresses Fara and Heriau cannot take fish out of a tackle box for the purpose of challenges.
- Upgrading a tackle box will not reset the amount of telebank charges used on the previous box.
- Upon the release of the Arc region, the Tackle box could not store raw tarpon. This was fixed shortly afterwards.
|Beginner's • Basic • Standard • Professional • Champion's|