A Tackle box is a reward from Fish Flingers Distractions and Diversions. It comes in 5 different levels. Fishing equipment, fishing bait, and fish can be stored in it. A Tackle box can also be operated to discover the next competition time. If destroyed, players may claim another one from the fisherman, free of charge. All items stored in the tackle box would still be intact.
There are five tackle boxes, the higher level ones costing more, but having greater benefits. One must have the previous tackle box before claiming the next one.
|Tool||Bait (per slot)||Glove||Raw Fish|
- ^ Tokens are expended on purchase of an item
- ^ Medals are cumulative and retained on purchase of an item
The following tools and items can all be stored in the tackle boxes, but some tools can also be stored on a player's Toolbelt.
|Can be stored in Toolbelt||Cannot be stored in Toolbelt|
|Small fishing net||Small cast net|
|Big fishing net ||Big cast net|
|Fishing rod||Oily fishing rod|
|Fly fishing rod||Karambwan vessel|
|Barbarian rod||Fishing urns (only (r), but all tiers)|
|Lobster pot||Sacred clay harpoon, any percent.|
- ^ a b c d The Fishing nets (small and big) have the same practical use as their Cast nets alternatives.
The only difference is that Fishing nets are kept in a person's Inventory/Toolbar, while Cast nets can also be wielded.
- ^ a b A Harpoon has the same practical use as its Barb-tailed alternative.
The only difference is that a Harpoon is kept in a person's Inventory/Toolbar, while the Barb-tail harpoon also be wielded.
- ^ The outfit has to be worn in order to gain the Fishing bonus experience. Hence, the outfit slots are only useful for conserving bank space and quick withdrawal.
- ^ Only used for Barbarian Fishing.
- ^ a b Possible reward from the Fist of Guthix activity.
- ^ Possible reward from the Family Crest quest.
- Until the update on 6 June 2012, a Tackle box could not hold a Crayfish cage or Karambwan vessel, despite them being fishing equipment.