|Release date||1 November 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You'd have to get another from the Dominion Tower face.|
|On death||Is converted to 9500 coins when under gravestone.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||Watch my speedy hands!|
Players can choose between four different colours of Swift gloves: black, white, yellow, and red. Additionally, the gloves have an animation that resembles green spots dripping off. Swift gloves degrade after four hours of combat and must be reobtained from the Dominion Tower afterward.
They have a passive effect where roughly 1% damage taken from Magic attacks is recoiled back to the attacker.
|[view] • [talk]|
Total level: 1,184
To unlock the option to receive Swift gloves as a reward item from the Strange face, players must meet a number of requirements:
- Defeat a total of 500 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches. The victories do not have to be consecutive.
- Defeat the following bosses in the Tower at least once:
|Boss||Quest it's from|
|Pest Queen||The Void Stares Back|
|Damis, Fareed, Kamil and Dessous||Desert Treasure|
|Karamel and Gelatinnoth Mother||Recipe for Disaster|
|Jungle demon||Monkey Madness|
|The Inadequacy||Dream Mentor|
The skill levels required to complete the above quests are detailed in the box to the right. These effectively function as additional requirements to obtain and use Swift gloves.
Degrading and reobtainingEdit
Swift gloves degrade and fall apart after four hours of combat. Players can check the condition of a given pair of Swift gloves by right-clicking them and selecting "check-state". In contrast to most other degradable items, Swift gloves count upward from 0% degraded (perfect condition) to 100% degraded (falling apart). For example, a pair of Swift gloves that is 75% degraded has been used for three hours, and has one hour of usage remaining before falling apart.
While a pair of Swift gloves cannot be repaired, it is possible to obtain multiple pairs from the strange face by killing another 5 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches; this will earn an invisible "reward credit" that can be exchanged for a pair of Swift gloves, Goliath gloves, Spellcaster gloves, or 100 dreadnips. The strange face will store up to 15 such "credits", after which they must be redeemed in order to earn more. A player may only have 3 pairs of Swift gloves at any one time.
- Before an update on 11 April, Swift gloves used to show four different messages instead of a percentage. These messages were "The gloves are in perfect condition." "The gloves are slightly degraded." "The gloves are very degraded." And lastly, "The gloves are almost falling apart."
- Swift gloves along with all other Dominion Tower gloves do not display as particle effects in the Adventurer's Log.
- During the Evolution of Combat beta, Swift gloves occupied the weapon slot and had an attack similar to the hand cannon.