|Release date||21 September 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item||Gunnar's Ground|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can ask Dororan for another pair of boots, but stocks are limited!|
|On death||Items that are never kept on death|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||You can tell by the way I use my walk I'm too busy for a natter.|
Swanky boots are obtained after completion of the quest Gunnar's Ground. According to Dororan, the house he and Gudrun move into after the quest (which, before an update, belonged to Juliet) contained dozens of pairs of these boots.
As the destroy interface warns, the number of times you can re-obtain these boots for free is limited. Players can talk to Dororan in the house west of Varrock to obtain another pair. After receiving the 12th pair (the initial pair upon completion of the quest, plus 11 subsequent reclaims), players will be asked to exchange a ruby ring for another pair.
The boots can be stored in the costume box (fancy dress box) in the Costume Room of your player-owned house. Players may only have one pair at any given time, including within a costume box. Additionally, these boots will not appear under your gravestone.
A player wearing a pair of swanky boots.
|[view] • [talk]|
- The examine text references The Bee Gees song Stayin' Alive, previously using exact lyrics from the song: "Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk". It has since been changed to "You can tell by the way I use my walk I'm too busy for a natter."
- The examine text in the Spanish language world is not a translation of the English version, but a line from 19th century Spanish poet Antonio Machado: "caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar", meaning: "wanderer, there is no road, the road is made by walking".
- Although you cannot use alchemy on the boots, according to the Items Kept on Death Interface, this item's value is 1,365 coins; the same as a ruby ring, which is used to get a pair after the 12th pair of boots.
- If a player loses membership while the boots are stored inside their POH, they cannot reclaim it in free-to-play.
- The boots gave a small bonus to the magic stat before the Evolution of Combat.