After starting the Lunar Diplomacy quest, you can also take swamp tar from barrels in the Lady Zay. There are four barrels on the first level down in the ship and three on the second level. A barrel contains one to twenty swamp tars. However, 2 pieces seems most common and anything above five is rare.
Cave slimes, aberrant spectres, warped tortoises, and warped terrorbirds drop swamp tar in reasonable amounts. Swamp tar can also be obtained as a reward from Big Chinchompa, as well as being generated in small amounts when smelting corrupted ore when the Voice of Seren is active in the Trahaearn District. Swamp tar can be a good money-making method for lower level players.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Mummy (Jaldraocht Pyramid)||N/A||1–17||Common|
When joined with flour and then heated on a fire or range, it becomes swamp paste, a sticky item used in the Shades of Mort'ton and Fishing Trawler minigames. It also plays a role in several quests. Note that swamp paste can be purchased far more cheaply from stores or the Grand Exchange.
Swamp tar, when combined with certain herbs, is used in the Ranged skill as ammunition when a salamander is wielded as a weapon. Swamp tar can be used with guam, marrentill, tarromin, or harralander to create the following ammunitions:
- Guam tar (19 herblore, 30 exp), ammunition for swamp lizards
- Marrentill tar (31 herblore, 42.5 exp), ammunition for orange salamanders
- Tarromin tar (39 herblore, 55 exp), ammunition for red salamanders
- Harralander tar (44 herblore, 72.5 exp), ammunition for black salamanders
Swamp tar can also be distilled into Lamp oil using either the still in the Rimmington Chemistry shop or the still at Miltog's lamp stall in the Dorgesh-Kaan marketplace. Note that a still will not load the Lamp oil into any container except an empty Oil lamp, Oil lantern, or Bullseye lantern.
Swamp tar is used in several quests.