|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Value||Cash out: |
|High Alch||51 coins|
|Low Alch||34 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||524 coins (info)|
|Examine||Super-good for the smallest or largest of plants.|
To make supercompost, a player must place 15 suitable organic items (see below) into any of the compost bins that are located next to the allotment patches found around RuneScape. Once the suitable items have been added, and the lid of the compost bin closed, the contents will begin to rot, taking 90 minutes until completion. During this time the player will not be able to open the compost bin or add any more items.
Once the supercompost has finished rotting, the player may open the compost bin and extract all of the supercompost by using a bucket on it. Altogether one full bin will yield 15 buckets of supercompost. Each bucket of supercompost collected by the player will grant that player 8.5 Farming experience. When used on a farming patch, each bucket will grant an additional 26 experience.
Alternatively, players can add a dose of compost potion into a ready full compost bin to create supercompost.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Mutated zygomite 74,86 1–3 Uncommon Automaton guardian 165 15 (noted) Uncommon Automaton tracer 165 15 (noted) Uncommon Automaton generator 165 15 (noted) Uncommon
Some suitable items are listed below, but for certainty, use the item on the farmer by the patch and they will tell if the item makes compost or supercompost.
|Pineapples||37||11,250||Grown in Fruit tree patches, for more information see: Quick supercompost, below|
|Coconut shells||62||107,435||Grown in Fruit tree patches|
|Calquat||33||15,682||Grown in Calquat patch at Tai Bwo Wannai village|
|Watermelons||39||2,120||Grown in Allotment patches|
|Bittercap mushrooms||280||29||Grown in Mushroom patch at Canifis|
|Jangerberries||1,182||1||Grown in Bush patch; Respawn on Ogre island, west of Yanille|
|All Tree roots||Varies||Dug-up from trees in normal Tree patches; Oak to Magic|
|Pungent vine||Untradeable||Stackable item from catching Carrion jadinkos in Herblore Habitat|
|White tree fruit||Untradeable||Freely obtainable after (and in the) Garden of Tranquillity|
The following items have a significantly higher value and use than supercompost. As such it would not be economically sound to use them for it, although one could.
- Morchella mushrooms, White berries, Poison ivy berries, Toadflax, Avantoe, Kwuarm, Snapdragon, Cadantine, Lantadyme, Dwarf weed, Torstol, Fellstalk, Papayas.
- A quick and cheap way to get materials for making supercompost is by using pineapples.
- Pineapples may be picked in the Brimhaven Jungle, directly north of the Karamja lodestone. Each plant in the Brimhaven Jungle yields 5 pineapples each, and the nearby leprechauns can note pineapples, without the need for banking. The calquat fruit is nearby for easy harvesting. If you pick pineapples, come with at least 26 empty inventory spots (one for the notes and 25 for the pineapples). World hopping is highly recommended.
- The tradesmen at Charter ships will sell 15 pineapples for 5gp each, which is the exact amount for one load of supercompost.
- Fruitfall scrolls for the Fruit bat can also be used to obtain pineapples among limes, papayas (every scroll), oranges, lemons and bananas.
- Players can get 40 noted pineapples every day from Dell Monti near the POH portal in Brimhaven after completing the easy Karamja Tasks.
- Players may purchase 40 pineapples per day from Arhein, who is very close to the Catherby compost bin, for 2 coins each.
- Finally pineapples may be purchased on the Grand Exchange for 37 coins each, but it is also worth considering Calquat fruit or Watermelon as alternatives, as they currently sell on the Grand Exchange for 33 coins each and 39 coins each respectively.
- Alternatively, compost potions can be obtained from the Vinesweeper minigame for 5,000 points, or at the Grand Exchange. These potions can be used on a compost bin, which turns the normal compost inside the bin into supercompost. This generates 15 buckets of supercompost. Compost potions have 4 doses, so a single potion can produce 60 buckets of supercompost.
Making Profit from supercompostEdit
- Supercompost currently sells on the Grand Exchange for 524 gp.
- An efficient way to make profit is from selling super compost on the Grand Exchange. A quick way to gain Supercompost is to plant watermelon seeds at an allotment patch, and then use the watermelons you harvest to make Super compost. Only 15 Watermelons are needed to be harvested each time to make the super compost. You can essentially use this method a few times before you have to re-plant the watermelon seeds, because anywhere between 5-56 watermelons can be harvested per plot. If you sell the Super compost you obtain from this, you generate 976 with re-planting the seeds in one plot. Even if you had to re-plant both plots, your profit would still be -5,908. If you do not have to re-plant the seeds at all, which happens regularly, you would make 7,860 from the Super compost you sell. If you did this for all allotments and did not have to re-plant you would make 31,440. This method is suggested with having Magic secateurs equipped and using Super compost before re-planting your watermelon seeds.
|Rake • Secateurs (Magic) • Gardening trowel • Seed dibber • Watering can (Magic) • Compost • Supercompost • Spade • Plant pot • Empty sack • Basket • Plant cure|
|Other||Bucket • Bucket of water (Blessed • Murky • Stagnant) • Bucket of milk • Apple mush • Chocolatey milk • Compost • Supercompost • Bucket of sand • Bucket of sap • Bucket of slime • Bucket of wax • Bailing bucket • Full bucket • Bucket of oil • Empty oil bucket|
|Quest items||Hangover cure • Bucket of rubble • Magic glue • Bucket of coal • Bucket of icy water • Ugthanki dung • Top-quality milk • Unsanitary swill • Weird gloop|