|Release||25 April 2016 (Update)|
|Quest item||River of Blood|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You can reclaim it from Ivan in Paterdomus for 600,000 coins.|
|Examine||Sunspear, wielded as a melee weapon.|
The Sunspear (melee) is a level 78 degradable spear made during the quest River of Blood. It acts as a Sunspear against vampyres, as wolfbane against the werewolves in Canifis, and a spear against the Corporeal Beast. At any point it can be switched to a two-handed javelin or magic staff version using the Switch-style right-click option, retaining all current charges.
During River of Blood, it is made by combining a blisterwood shaft, wolfbane, and the broken Sunspear, requiring 75 Fletching. It can only be created once, but can be reclaimed (with full charge) from Ivan Strom for 600,000 coins. It can also be augmented using an augmentor, and retains the ability to switch styles.
Completing the quest also unlocks this weapon as a cosmetic override.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Sunspear benefits
Sunspear, like blisterwood weapons, is fully effective against all vampyres, vyrewatch, and vyrelords/ladies; when fighting them, it has the following benefits:
- Able to damage them
- Prevent juvinates in Darkmeyer (but not elsewhere) from transforming into dust and escaping
- +50% hit chance
- Chance to deal up to double the normal damage for that attack (including bleeds like Dismember)
- Every 50 vyre corpses cremated in the Columbarium grants +10 damage (a maximum of +100)
- Automatically cremates vyre corpses, granting 280 Prayer and 200 Firemaking experience (+50% with Morytania Tasks complete), with a 20% chance of dropping additional loot (similar to Shiny columbarium key loot; increased chance with columbarium ring)
- Cremations this way do not count towards the total cremations
See Category:Susceptible to blisterwood weapons for a full list of affected monsters.
The base repair cost of the Sunspear (melee) is 600,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = cost|cost|600000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||3.0%|
|1 × Undead components||Not 100%|