|Release||14 September 2015 (Update)|
|Quest item||The Lord of Vampyrium, River of Blood|
|Destroy||You can reclaim it from Ivan in Paterdomus.|
|Examine||Lord Drakan's legendary blisterwood weapon - once a dagger, then a spear, now a sword.|
Vyrewatch, vyrelords, and vyreladies killed with this weapon will automatically have their corpses cremated, granting 200 experience in Firemaking, and scaling experience in Prayer (210-280) depending on Prayer level. This is increased by 50% if Morytania legs 4 are worn. In addition, vyres killed this way have a 20% chance of dropping loot similar to that given by shiny columbarium keys. This extra loot chance can be increased by wearing a columbarium ring.
Cremating corpses in this way does not count towards kills required to upgrade the Ivandis flail.
When using abilities, the Sunspear can be combined with a higher-tier off-hand weapon (such as an off-hand drygore mace) to increase ability damage without affecting the ability to damage vampyres. Auto-attacks will require an off-hand blisterwood sickle in order to deal damage.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Sunspear benefits
Sunspear, like blisterwood weapons, is fully effective against all vampyres, vyrewatch, and vyrelords/ladies; when fighting them, it has the following benefits:
- Able to damage them
- Prevent juvinates in Darkmeyer (but not elsewhere) from transforming into dust and escaping
- +50% hit chance
- Chance to deal up to double the normal damage for that attack (including bleeds like Dismember)
- Every 50 vyre corpses cremated in the Columbarium grants +10 damage (a maximum of +100)
- Automatically cremates vyre corpses, granting 280 Prayer and 200 Firemaking experience (+50% with Morytania Tasks complete), with a 20% chance of dropping additional loot (similar to Shiny columbarium key loot; increased chance with columbarium ring)
- Cremations this way do not count towards the total cremations
See Category:Susceptible to blisterwood weapons for a full list of affected monsters.
The Sunspear was originally created for and wielded by Queen Efaritay; it is created from blisterwood and blessed silver and is therefore very effective against vampyres. It was meant to be used in the battle against the invading vampyres led by Lord Drakan. But as Queen Efaritay surrendered after Drakan's capture of her husband King Ascertes, it is unknown how much the Sunspear was used in the battle. After the victory over Hallowvale it was taken in possession by Lowerniel Drakan who used it as his weapon of choice - even creating more weapons based on it. He used the Sunspear in the fight against the Myreque when they invaded his home in an assassination attempt. During the fight, his sister Vanescula got hold of the weapon, stabbing him with it and weakening him. After his defeat at the hands of the Myreque, the lieutenant broke the head of the spear off and killed the Lord of Morytania with it.
During River of Blood, the Sunspear is reforged into its former glory by combining it with a blisterwood shaft and the wolfbane dagger making a sunspear (melee). This upgraded weapon can be toggled into a sunspear (magic) or sunspear (ranged).
Should the player speak with Kara-Meir on Tuska's corpse while carrying the Sunspear she claims to still have it, and that it is a dagger, not a sword. She and the player then speculate that both weapons might have originated as parts of the same spear or perhaps being part of another Sunspear.
|Gold charm||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Green charm||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crimson charm||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Blue charm||1||Rare||Not sold|
Note: charms are a second reward, obtained with other items
Weapons and armourEdit
|Rune pickaxe||1 (noted)||Uncommon||18,209|
|Rune spear||1 (noted)||Uncommon||11,150|
|Rune platelegs||1 (noted)||Uncommon||37,037|
|Rune helm||1 (noted)||Uncommon||10,368|
|Grimy lantadyme||2 (noted)||Uncommon||6,312|
|Grimy kwuarm||2 (noted)||Uncommon||10,086|
|Grimy dwarf weed||2 (noted)||Uncommon||5,210|
|Grimy toadflax||2 (noted)||Uncommon||10,102|
|Grimy torstol||2 (noted)||Uncommon||8,004|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||Uncommon||686|
|Snape grass seed||8||Common||5,024|
|Morchella mushroom spore||3||Common||603|
|Red spiders' eggs||4 (noted)||Common||7,164|
|Uncut ruby||4 (noted)||Common||8,716|
|Uncut diamond||4 (noted)||Uncommon||15,352|
|Rune bar||1 (noted)||Uncommon||14,028|
|Loop half of a key||1 (noted)||Rare||18,276|
|Tooth half of a key||1 (noted)||Rare||22,861|
|Limpwurt root||8 (noted)||Rare||21,504|
- An update was made to the Sunspear on 5 October 2015 that changed the cremation mechanic of the weapon. The chance of receiving loot similar to that of shiny columbarium keys has been lowered to around 20%, from 100%, cremation count will no longer increase while killing Vyrewatch with this weapon, and on the opposite side, will now grant up to 4x more Prayer and Firemaking experience per kill, based on your current levels.
- A blisterwood sickle can have higher damage with sufficient vyre cremations, but the Sunspear will have better overall damage per second than even the maxed blisterwood sickle, due to the accuracy of its higher tier.
|Part 7 of the Myreque quest series|
Main-hand stab weapons
|Dyed drygore rapiers||