Summoning training can become very expensive and tedious, but familiars at higher levels make Summoning a rewarding skill. F2P Players can gain experience up to level 5 and continue to collect gold charms after level 5, which may be useful if you intend on becoming P2P eventually. All F2P parts of this guide will be shown with "(F2P)" beside it.
To begin training the Summoning skill, players may complete Wolf Whistle, (not required anymore) which will grant 276 experience to Summoning (increasing the player's level to 4), as well as 275 gold charms (enough for level 16, or 5 on F2P). After that you will have to collect your own charms. Look below for information on how to do that.
F2P players can collect additional gold charms from saving Nora in Burthorpe from a burning fire (awards you with a one-time reward of 10 charms), collecting one free sample from Pikkupstix's store or by killing troll brutes and troll chuckers in Burthorpe.
The only viable way of training Summoning is to create Summoning pouches. To begin making a Summoning pouch, the following are required:
- An empty pouch, which can be bought from Pikkupstix for 1 gp each. (Not required for Summoning within Daemonheim)
- A quantity of charms, which must be collected by the player through monster killing and other methods. Good ways to do this are listed below.
- A large number of spirit shards, which can be bought from Pikkupstix for 25 coins each or you can buy a set of 5000 for 125k. (Not required for Summoning within Daemonheim), Spirit Shards can also be bought at the Grand Exchange, which has a bank next to it. Though the guide price is not always 25, it is rare that anyone will sell it for anything less than that.
- A tertiary ingredient which is specific to the creature you are creating, similar to the secondary ingredients used in Herblore.
With the use of Bogrog or Lord Amlodd the pouches you make can be turned back into shards; the number of shards returned to you is 70% of the pouch cost. With this in mind, you can drastically reduce the number of shards you have to originally buy by continually converting the pouches you make back into shards.
Obtaining charms (P2P)Edit
Monsters vary greatly in the number and type of charms they drop.
Once weekly, the Familiarisation Distraction and Diversion can be done, which gives a reward of 40 minutes of triple charm drops. It is recommended to use this time by killing a monster that drops a lot of crimson charms.
If you have 21 Summoning and spent some time training Dungeoneering, you can buy a charming imp, which automatically picks up requested charms and converts unwanted charms into small Summoning experience. This can increase the rate of gathering charms significantly and it increases the amount of Combat or Slayer experience earned (per hour). It is highly encouraged to configure the imp to give the player all types of charms; the experience rewarded for converting the charms is much lower than the amount offered by using the charms to make pouches.
The Fang of Mohegan may also be used to provide a slight possibility of a double charm drop.
See here for a table of monsters which drop charms.
The fastest way to level summoning is to camp at a monster that drops lots of charms, such as waterfiends or rock lobsters. However, it is also common for players to get charms from training Slayer rather than from camping at a specific monster. It is possible to get enough charms for 99 Summoning by getting 99 Slayer, although it depends on what tasks the player does. If a player is going for 99 in both skills, there is no need for them to camp at a monster specifically for charms. However, if a player does not want to do Slayer, or is unable to obtain all the charms that they want purely from Slayer, then there are several monsters that are very good to camp at for charms.
Gelatinous Abominations have around a 44% charm drop rate. They drop gold charms at a rate of around 41%. The Gelatinous Abominations have only 150 life points and are level 6 so they are really quick and easy kills. The only equipment required are spiked gauntlets, which can be purchased at any Slayer Master. These monsters are found in the Taverley Slayer Dungeon, south-east of Turael (or Spria) in Taverley. Killing these are a great way for anyone to obtain gold charms, but no drops of great value can be obtained, and the combat experience gained is little.
Rock Crabs have a 13% charm drop rate, 10% of which are gold charms. This can be an efficient way for lower levelled players with some extra cash to obtain charms, and get decent experience. You should also run around and activate all the crabs since they don't attack and won't be able to be attacked unless someone runs next to them. If they stop attacking you, just run south of the crabs, right past the helmet shop and then run back up. This can be a great way for lower levels to obtain charms and get ranged experience. You can get around 3-5 charms per minute if done correctly.
This is not recommended unless you don't mind spending money to buy cannonballs, since they're very expensive!
Moss giants are great for gold charms, about 40% drop rate. They have very low defence and slow attack speed making them easy to power through even at low levels. North West of Ardougne has 4 moss giants and it is, more often than not, empty. Other popular places include the Varrock sewer system and moss giant island. For almost guaranteed seclusion (as well as a pretty view) there are also some moss giants on Crandor. Finally, a decent amount of moss giants can be found in Brimhaven Dungeon (requires 875 coins to enter). This area will almost always be empty.
Ice giants are great for gold charms, about 55-57% drop rate for charms. They have relatively low defence and slow attack speed making them easy to power through even at low levels. Two places to find ice giants are in the ice mountain dungeon and in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. There is also a location where they spawn next to the western wilderness wall and the members fence line. Although being in the deep wilderness it is not recommended.
Goblins have an 11% gold charm drop. The best way to kill goblins is to go to the goblin hut in Lumbridge. It is a bad idea to bring a slow weapon like a godsword, battleaxe, or 2H, as you cannot hit very quickly, resulting in slow progress. A weapon like a whip, scimitar, dagger or claws are ideal so you can do 20-30+ goblins and obtain 2-3 charms per minute. If you camp for an hour, you can easily get 50+ charms. This is not recommended if you cannot frequently hit 50-120 damage.
Note: The goblins across the River Lum near the Al-Kharid gate have 67 LP, keep that in mind when choosing what weapon to use to get one-hit kills (scimitar works best most of the time). The goblins found in the Goblin Village do not drop any charms at all, so it is not advised to go there.
Giant rock crabsEdit
Giant rock crabs can be the best monster to get gold charms from. They drop three of these at a time quite frequently. The giant rock crabs are just located in the Chaos Tunnels, near the entrance southwest of the Wilderness Volcano. It is recommended to use Magic to kill giant rock crabs, since it is their weakness. Bring a few pieces of food, runes for the spell you'll be using, and also some runes for telekinetic grab (if using the standard spellbook). There's a safespot by the stalagmites in the northeast corner of the room.
Another fantastic area to kill giant rock crabs is in the Waterbirth Island Dungeon. There is a multitude of them in the north area beyond the gate. Keep in mind, you will have to run past many Dagannoths in the main part of the first level before entering the rock crab area.
Walk near a boulder and it will transform into a giant rock crab. Lure it to your safespot so it gets stuck and you can safely mage it. When near death, the giant rock crab will attempt to flee. Once the crab is dead, it's recommended to use telekinetic grab on the charms so you wont put yourself at danger by going near some other crabs.
Ice Burst or Ice Barrage can be used effectively here. Use Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee and gather all the crabs at a spot so that you can burst or barrage them. This method gives the most charms per hour.
A disadvantage to killing giant rock crabs is that the charms gained are mostly gold, which are the lowest level charm. Comparatively, the charms that can be gained in a given time period from killing giant rock crabs will not give as much summoning experience as the charms that can be gained in the same time period killing a monster that drops mainly higher level charms, such as waterfiends or rock lobsters. Giant rock crabs should only be killed at low level summoning when gold charms are most useful, and even then, it is important to realise that since charms can be saved up, it probably would be more worth your time to just start at a monster that drops primarily crimson charms right away, since you will end up getting gold charms to make it through the low summoning levels anyway, at the same time as you save up tons of crimsons to use later.
With the introduction of infernal ashes, killing black demons became another reasonable method of gathering crimson charms. The ashes cover the cost of the cannon balls and other consumables. At higher levels, such as with 70 agility, 52/68/96 summoning, a chaotic weapon, and 80+ combat stats, a player can amass profit above 200k per hour on top of the crimson charms. High ranged levels help too, as demons are weak to bolts.
Killing rock lobsters is often considered to be the fastest way to train Summoning, although waterfiends can actually be faster than bursting with the optimal levels and equipment, including 99 Summoning for a Steel Titan. Rock lobsters do not require a high Summoning level to kill quickly.
The best way to kill rock lobsters is to use Ice Barrage or Ice Burst since they are aggressive. There are many different ways to do this successfully, most of which involve luring 9 rock lobsters towards you while using Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee, moving to a safe spot, then casting the spells to kill them. Armour that gives high magic and/or prayer bonuses is recommended. Most of your inventory should be Prayer potions, but you will also want runes for ice spells, and a few blood spells (to heal, as you can take damage from dagannoths using a ranged attack). Also bring a teleport and a few pieces of food.
Due to an update, you can now reach rock lobsters without a partner.
Players attempting to use this method to kill rock lobsters should have 70+ (preferably 94+) magic, and 70+ prayer. They should also have a large amount of cash, as this method does cost a significant amount of money due to the runes and prayer potions used.
Ice bursting rock lobsters can give over 150 crimson charms per hour, whereas ice barraging can give up to 200 crimson charms per hour.
To further improve the number of Crimson charms players get and how many runes they use, many players choose to use damage increasing variables such as the staff of light, arcane stream necklace, arcane blast necklace or arcane pulse necklace as well as the wolpertinger special move, Magic Focus which gives the same boosting effects as the extreme magic potion.
Waterfiends are a great source of crimson charms for mid-to-high level players. They are weak to bolts, and easy to kill with a royal crossbow or other tier 75+ range weapon. Waterfiends can be killed in the Ancient Cavern or in the Chaos Tunnels.
Waterfiends have a ranged attack and a magic attack. The magic attack is more dangerous. Players should use mage defence armour (Karil's or royal d'hide) and, if they wish to further reduce damage, the Protect from Missiles or Deflect Missiles prayer. The best weapons to use are the royal crossbow, dual chaotic crossbows, or dual ascension crossbows.
Mid level players will find it easiest to kill waterfiends in the ancient caverns. Using a royal crossbow and a healing familiar such as a bunyip, it is easy to obtain about 150 crimson charms per hour.
Higher level players, with 95+ range and defense, will find that little healing is necessary. Such players may want to bring a combat familiar instead of a healing familiar. Using extreme potions and turmoil, high-level players can obtain about 225 crimson charms per hour in the ancient cavern.
For an even higher rate of charm collecting, very high level players can choose to kill waterfiends in the Chaos Tunnels, where they are denser. Here, players should use Soul Split, an Iron or Steel titan loaded with the appropriate scrolls, extreme potions, and the highest level crossbow and ranged armour possible. If making full use of multi-target abilities, players can expect to earn about 300 charms per hour in the chaos tunnels.
For higher level players with 81+ slayer, killing gladii at the Monastery of Ascension allows for a fast way to collect crimson charms while also serving as a money making method. Like other Order of Ascension members, gladii are weak against ranged weapons and have a weakness for any ranged attack type, and they are almost impossible to kill at any decent speed with magic or melee. At high range levels and using extreme ranging potions and a level 80+ weapon, over 150 crimson charms per hour can be obtained, making them only slightly inferior to waterfiends and rock lobsters for training. Unlike these monsters, gladii can also yield a significant profit of 2m+ per hour as a result of their valuable ascension keystone drops, as well as their frequent drops of noted resources and rune and adamant alchables, making them one of only a few ways to profitably and quickly train Summoning. To kill gladii, it is recommended to rely on some healing method other than food to lengthen trip duration, such as the bunyip or unicorn stallion familiars, or the soul split curse. Gladii are relatively safe to kill, as they do not inflict much damage, but they can inflict stuns and binds using their special attack, so usage of the anticipation and freedom abilities is recommended to not lose killing efficiency. Royal d'hide, Armadyl or Pernix armours should be worn to maximise kill speeds, and a ring of wealth to increase profits.
Bork can be killed once per 24-hour period beginning at 00:00(UTC), and has guaranteed charm drops. The minimum he will drop on death is 5 blue, 7 crimson and 2 green charms. Wearing a ring of wealth adds 3 crimson and 1 green to the base total, and completing all of the Varrock Tasks leads to the base charm drop being doubled. The Familiarisation D&D will not triple these charm drops.
As Bork can be killed daily, the number of charms that slowly mount up can significantly enhance the pool of charms that a player may amass through other methods, or even become the primary source of charms for players that only want to train Summoning on a casual basis.
Glacors are also excellent monsters for obtaining blue and crimson charms. They drop 3 per kill and have roughly the same percent chance of dropping blue or crimson. A strategy guide can be found here.
Using a dwarf multicannon on the 10 greater demons in the Forinthry Dungeon can net 200+ crimson charms an hour. It is recommended to bring Prayer urns to collect the mass amount of Accursed Ashes that will be dropped, which will give prayer experience as well as greatly cleaning up the drops on the ground. The Forinthry Dungeon is in the Wilderness, the greaters within located in level 20-24, so if using this method, it is recommended to have a teleport item handy (such as an amulet of glory), and do not bring anything you are not willing to lose.
Warning: Dying in the wilderness will cause you to drop ALL of your items if you are skulled.
Hellhounds, while not advised for green, crimson or blue charms, have a 68-69% drop rate for gold charms and can be safespotted in most of their locations. If you have high enough ranged or magic skill to swiftly kill them, you can quickly collect gold charms in safety. Another great method is to use a Guthan's set, a bonecrusher and a bone necklace in combination with the Piety prayer. Unfortunately, hellhounds have very poor drops and aren't profitable (not counting the rewards of any possible clue scrolls you may find). An alternative for gold charms are fire giants with around 55% drop rate for gold charms and they are much easier to kill with additional good loot.
Cave bugs have a 40% green charm drop rate, the second highest in game after mithril dragons. They are level 12 and fairly easy to kill. Note only the level 12 ones drop charms, level 8 cave bugs drop no charms at all.
With dragon or better armour and an abyssal whip, one can easily achieve 40+ green charms an hour at levels 70 attack and 70 strength. One place to kill them is the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon , where there's a convenient fishing spot where you can fish for frogspawns and a fairy ring nearby. Another is in the Chaos Tunnels.
King Black DragonEdit
With high melee stats (preferably 90+, Turmoil, Soul Split, and unicorn stallion) it is possible to obtain over 115 crimson charms an hour from the King Black Dragon, while making about 350-500k an hour profit. This can be a rather attractive way to obtain charms for high-levelled players as the charm-obtaining rate is very good while are making profit rather than losing a lot from bursting rock lobsters.
Kalphite Queen or Exiled Kalphite QueenEdit
With high combat stats, it is possible to obtain a decent amount of charms per hour from the Kalphite Queen/Exiled Kalphite Queen, while making a profit of 600-800k per hour. This is helpful as the queen drops various charms, with the exiled version dropping much more than the regular variant. The regular Queen drops 6 charms, while the exiled one drops 9.
However, the queen is very tough and has several guards, so players may need to rebank much more often.
Exiled kalphite guardiansEdit
Exiled kalphite guardians drop blue charms at a very high rate. This makes it incredibly fast and easy to obtain blues without completing high level quests for tormented demons or glacors.
Troll brute and Troll chucker (F2P)Edit
The Troll brute and Troll chucker are the only two monsters that drop charms on non-members worlds. They only drop Gold charms on these worlds, and rarely drop green, crimson and blue charms on members worlds. They are only level 2 monsters which make them ideal for lower levelled players. Average and high levelled members have much better ways to get charms.
The Slayer creatures in the Monastery of Ascension come in four varieties. Each one is dominant in one type of charm, with another charm being an uncommon drop.
- Rorarius - mainly drops gold charms.
- Capsarius - mainly drops green charms.
- Gladius - mainly drops crimson charms.
- Scutarius - mainly drops crimson and blue charms.
- Legiones - mainly drops crimson and blue charms.
When adding logs to a bonfire, fire spirits sometimes arise from the flames. A common reward for freeing them is charms of all four types. Free players cannot obtain any charms, not even Gold, from bonfires.
There are two ways to collect charms using the Hunter skill: spirit implings, which require level 54 hunter, and charm sprites, which require 72 hunter. Spirit implings are hard to find and only gives charms some of the times as they also give other summoning supplies, primarily tertiary items. Charm sprites are notable for giving a high blue charm output compared to the total number of charms, and provides a good alternative to skillers.
Which pouches to makeEdit
Note: The number in parentheses is the number of pouches it takes for the experience between those levels.
- DISCLAIMER! - These are only recommendations, you should be very careful when deciding what pouches to make for summoning, as prices change, and some pouches may only be good to make at certain times.
- If you can, save blue charms until levels 87-90 and make geyser titans, since they give the most experience per blue charm.
- Some people choose to stop using gold charms at around level 66 because the experience rate is around 230-240k experience per hour which makes it expensive for the experience gained and not worth the time.
- Some people choose to stop using green charms at around level 80 because the experience rate varies from 370-420k experience per hour which is expensive for the experience gained and not worth the time.
- If players have the right Divination levels, they can transmute lower-tier charms to higher ones. This is generally not recommended at a lower level, but at higher levels, when low-tier charms give only a small amount of xp/pouch, it can be worth it to transmute them to a higher tier. Players can then transmute the charm again for an even better charm.
- Wolpertinger pouches require two tertiary ingredients, wolf bones and raw rabbit, which results in roughly half the xp/hr when compared to swamp titans. You will need to decide whether the extra experience granted and cheaper tertiary ingredients used when making wolpertingers over swamp titans are worth the extra time.
How to make pouchesEdit
When making pouches, you should have the charms you are using, empty pouches, spirit shards, and 25 of the tertiary ingredient. Because these methods require a lot of running, you may want to have any weight reducing equipment you own equipped or use a spirit terrorbird for infinite run.
The simplest method consists of running between a bank and a summoning obelisk. The two obelisks closest to a bank are in Taverley and in the Amlodd District in Priffdinas. Both bank locations are near a house portal, so you could set your house to be in Taverley or Priffdinas and use a house teleport to shorten your trips.
Below level 57 summoning, you can use phoenix lair teleports and run north-east to the Piscatoris obelisk. Above level 57 summoning, you can use a spirit kyatt to teleport near the Piscatoris summoning obelisk, and use a Tokkul-Zo or rings of duelling to bank. Using this method it is possible to make over 2700 pouches an hour, making it the fastest way to train summoning.
Should the player not wish to spend money on kyatt pouches, they can use the nature grotto in Mort Myre Swamp. This method requires a Tokkul-Zo, access to the Fairy Ring Network, and the Mort Myre shortcut unlocked from Temple Trekking (Total follower level 100). Start at the TzHaar Fight Cave bank, and use the fairy ring to Canifis (code C•K•S). Run south and go through the Mort Myre gate shortcut to the Nature Spirit grotto. Make the pouches in the grotto, and bank using the Tokkul-Zo. This method is slower than using a spirit kyatt, but faster than running to Pikkupstix's house in Taverley.
It is also possible to use the Balloon Transport System to make pouches in Taverley. Equip a ring of duelling and have one log in your inventory, take a balloon to Taverley, make pouches, then teleport to the bank at Castle Wars.
How many spirit shards do I buy?Edit
Since spirit shards can be sold back for the same price they were purchased for at a either a Summoning shop or the Taverley pet shop owner (who will buy shards in quantities larger than 500), it is simpler to take an educated guess at how many shards you'll need, and sell back any extras.
With the use of Bogrog, you can turn the pouches you make back into spirit shards; the amount of shards you get is usually 70% of the required shard number for the pouch. Utilising this, the amount of shards you need to initially buy can be drastically reduced, however the effectiveness of this varies greatly with number of shards you initially have and the amount of times you are willing to exchange your pouches. Also, some pouches may be worth more if sold rather than converted. See Calculators/Shard swap.
The formula which calculates the effective number of shards you own is as follows
- S = initial amount of shards
- n = number of trips done to Bogrog
- i = parameter
The calculator below can be used for this summation for any integer S, 0 ≤ S ≤ 2,147,483,647 and any integer N, 1 ≤ N ≤ 100:
template = Calculator:Bogrog shards form = CalcForm result = CalcResult param = S|Initial shards|0|int param = N|Trips to Bogrog|1|int
However, it becomes tedious to recalculate this continuously to find the required number of shards you need initially. It is much easier to first decide how many trips to Bogrog you are willing to do as the amount of trips dictates what percentage increase you will ultimately get (regardless of initial count). The increases can be seen below:
|Trips||Percentage Increase||Divide by|
The maximum possible number to divide by is 3 and a third (3.33). As shown in the table, to get close to this number requires many trips.
Let's say you needed 55,000 shards to attain a certain level, the first thing you do need to decide upon is how many times you would be willing to visit Bogrog which will usually be 10 times, any more than this the gain in shards is minimal; for example doing 20 trips instead of 10 when having an initial starting shard count of 100,000 only yields an extra 6,405 shards. The amount of trips you are willing to do is something you have to decide.
At 10 trips, the increase is 227% so the effective amount will be 327% of the initial amount, or 3.27 times the initial amount. You then divide 55,000 by 3.27 to get 16,820 (rounded up). Therefore, to effectively have 55,000 shards whilst willing to do 10 trips to Bogrog you only initially need to have 16,820 spirit shards.
Note: Calculations can conveniently be performed with the software available on one's computer.
What to do with the pouches (F2P)Edit
Some options only work well with some pouches, some only work well depending on prices. You should analyse the data and figure out what is the best option for you.
|Sell to Grand Exchange.||Works for almost every pouch and will generally get a fair price.||Sometimes you may be forced to wait for pouches to sell.|
|Trade to Bogrog for Spirit shards. (P2P)||Can sometimes save you money over the Grand Exchange.||Needs a higher level than what is required to make the pouch.|
|Cast the High Level Alchemy spell on them.||Can be a good way to train Magic cheaply.||* Requires more effort and time that you can spend training Summoning.
|Use the pouches for skilling or combat.||Often this will be a great way to make lots of money off training Summoning.||* Takes a long time to pay out and will require a lot more capital invested in Summoning.
|Make summoning scrolls from the pouches.||You gain a slight bit more experience/charm. In many cases the given scrolls will also be worth slightly more than the pouches.||The extra time required to turn pouches into scrolls may not be worth the trivially small extra amount of experience.|
With the release of spirit gems, they can be used to save charms while infusing pouches. They can be obtained as a rare drop from many monsters or from Treasure Hunter or from gem rocks in Prifddinas. Depending on the tier of the gem, each gem has a certain chance of saving a charm while consuming a charge. After a certain number of charms are saved, the gem will be destroyed.
These gems prove to be very useful especially for blue charms as they are usually the hardest to obtain. For example, a spirit onyx can save up to 60 charms. That means it allows players to infuse 60 more pouches of that charm. The more charms a player has, the more useful this becomes.
Alternative methods of gaining experience Edit
Using levelling methods that do not require charms, allows players to save the most valuable ones for later use in higher level familiars.
Players may complete certain activities to receive Summoning experience, including:
Completing quests Edit
Main article: Quest experience rewards - Summoning
Some quests grant Summoning experience. Refer to the main article for more details.
Other important informationEdit
- Why aren't arctic bears listed?
- Arctic bears only give slightly more experience per pouch than barker toads, but they cost much more. Also, their secondary ingredient has a very low buy limit so it can be difficult to stock up on.
- Why aren't any abyssal pouches listed?
- They are usually difficult to gather but because the Abyss is a great spot for magic and range trainers, it is possible to pick up these charms as they drop two at a time very commonly. It is not recommended however to make these pouches as a primary method due to the gathering time.
- Why aren't talon beasts listed?
- Although the talon beast pouch is the single pouch that give the most experience in game, in order to make talon beast pouches, talon beast charms are needed. The only way to obtain these charms is to play Temple Trekking activity over and over again in hope to encounter nail beasts which drops them. If players have talon beast charms then it is recommended that they use them, but talon beast charms usually take more effort to obtain than any other charm in-game, therefore it is not recommended to list talon beast pouches as your only option to gain experience.
- Why does it say to wait so long before using blue charms?
- Blue charms give lots of experience, and as it is easy to level with the other charms at first, it is a waste to use your blue charms, when you could gain way more experience in the long run by using them at higher levels.
- Why should gold charms be saved from levels 28-51?
- Why should spirit larupias not be made when they are essentially the same as spirit graahks and spirit kyatts?
- Why should ice titans not be made when they are essentially the same as fire titans and moss titans?
- What's the fastest way to make pouches? Where's the closest bank?
- As of the Temple Trekking update, a fast method is using the Nature Grotto obelisk via the Mort Myre gate shortcut reward from Temple Trekking. This will bring you right outside the Nature Grotto which is steps away from the obelisk inside. To bank, use an amulet of glory to Edgeville, and then use a ring of slaying to the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon to gain access to the Fairy Ring network, or simply use the Tokkul-Zo to teleport to the Fight Cave to both bank and access the Fairy Rings. Use Fairy Ring code C•K•S to teleport you a few steps north of the Mort Myre gate.
- The fastest way to make pouches is to trade noted ingredients with Pikkupstix in Taverley, buy them back, make pouches and sell them to Pikkupstix, repeating the process until the charm supply is over. Despite being the quickest method for creating pouches, with a usage rate of 14,000-16,000 charms per hour at full concentration, it is also a very expensive method and should only be used by players with a considerable amount of coins.
- (57 Summoning required) - Another method is to summon your spirit Kyatt, click on your familiar, and use the Teleport option, this should take you only a few steps below a trapdoor, where a summoning obelisk is located for making pouches. Go down the trapdoor, and create familiar pouches. Then teleport to a bank with one of the following, bank your pouches, and repeat.
- An alternative to using the Spirit Kyatt is to use fairy ring code A•K•Q and the bank in Zanaris or Edgeville (fairy ring code D•K•R).
- (If you have completed Swan Song) - Either teleport to the Phoenix Lair by using a Phoenix lair teleport scroll or run to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Withdraw all of your supplies (Pouches, Spirit shards, etc.) from your bank from Arnold Lydspor and run south until you reach the Colony gate. Climb through the Hole and run southeast to the Summoning Obelisk (marked by the Summoning icon). Climb down the trapdoor, make your pouches and/or, scrolls, repeat.
- In the Amlodd Clan area in Prifddinas is an obelisk, which is very close to the Ithell Clan bank. When the Voice of Seren is active in the Amlodd district, you receive 120% (20% extra) experience for making pouches and scrolls at this obelisk.
- Note that after reaching level 17 it is theoretically possible to get to any level (even level 99) in a single trip by making either spirit mosquito pouches or giant chinchompa pouches at the Feldip Hills obelisk. Both of these familiars require a stackable tertiary ingredient, allowing a player to collect all the required charms and seconds for any level within a single inventory. While technically possible, it requires immense amounts of preparation and time (includes getting all the blue charms, and buying a maximum of 10,000 pouches at a time from the Grand Exchange), and you would have to drop all made pouches or turn them into scrolls, and does not have much of a benefit, so it is not suggested. The player could also do this method by buying mithril seeds, picking the flowers and making praying mantis pouches. For the above to work, one must also make the pouches into scrolls or swap them for shards (with the required level), otherwise the inventory would fill up from pouches.
- A way to avoid all the methods above is to have all the charms, pouches, shards, and noted secondary items at hand. Friends or people could trade you un-noted secondary items for noted items, although such an occurrence without reward is highly unlikely.