|Release date||29 June 2015 (Update)|
|End date||31 August 2015 (Update)|
|Reward||Cosmetic overrides, titles and more|
|Head developer||Mod Daze|
|Succeeded by||Summer Beach Party (2016)|
The Summer Beach Party was an event that first ran from 29 June 2015 until the 31 August 2015. The Lumbridge Crater was transformed into a beach and the event was organised by Battle of Lumbridge survivor Reyna.
Half a week prior to the beach party itself players were able to bring Reyna up to 24 buckets of sand per day, in exchange for mystery boxes. Mystery boxes could also be obtained through Treasure Hunter or daily challenges. Rewards from the mystery boxes include:
- Small protean pack
- Medium cash bag
- 20 Water balloons
- 2 Royal battleship kits
- Prize token
- Huge prismatic lamp
- Huge fallen star
Big mystery boxes can be claimed from Reyna until 12 July, the number received dependent on how many mystery boxes were opened. As well as the above rewards, excluding the Prize token, they also give the chance of winning a crab hat.
Speaking to Reyna any time prior to the party also rewarded the player with a beach party ticket, to be redeemed once the party has started for 4 cocktails, an ice cream, and a random reward item token.
The filling of a temperature gauge to the right of the screen indicated how close the player is to reaching the daily experience cap, which could be reset 3 times a day by eating an ice cream.
|0% - 19%||Cool|
|21% - 39%||Warm|
|40% - 59%||Hot|
|60% - 79%||Boiling|
|80% - 99%||Scorching|
You can only eat an ice cream at "Inferno" status. Attempting to eat more than 3 ice creams gives the message "BRAIN FREEZE!
You can only cool yourself down 3 times a day."
Every 15 minutes a different activity is spotlighted, which provides an extra 10% experience buff to the relevant skilling activity. The spotlighted activity differs from world to world.
Beach Ball Rolling (m)Edit
The Beach ball rolling portal can be found in the northern area of the beach. Entering it teleports the player to the beach ball rolling event island. Participating in the Beach Ball Rolling grants Agility experience.
There are five body building podiums south of where Clawdia spawns; these podiums are run by two bodybuilders, Ivan and Greta. Participating in the activity gives Strength experience when doing one of the following four actions:
Players earn experience whichever action they perform, but quadruple experience can be gained by following the bodybuilders' demonstration.
Clawdia is an hourly boss, which emerges from the water-filled hole in the middle of the crater 45 minutes after every hour. This is indicated by rain falling at the beach. She is level 250 and has 1,500,000 life points, damage scaling to the player's level.
Upon defeat, Clawdia rewards players with ice creams, anti-sun potions and cocktails. There is also a rare chance to receive a unique item token. Note that Clawdia can still be fought for rewards if the temperature gauge is full.
To get the most rewards from Clawdia, players can hop from world to world to defeat Clawdia during the five minutes that she appears each hour.
There are two coconut shies on the beach, located in the south-eastern corner and run by Sarah. They provide Ranged experience relative to the type of projectile thrown. Tropical coconuts can also be deposited here for Farming experience.
A player can successfully throw 300 times before reaching 100% temperature.
Distraction and Diversion portalsEdit
The south-western corner features 7 Distraction and Diversion portals, which can be entered to teleport the player to the corresponding D&D. A lifeguard announces which D&D activities are active on the players world.
The portals featured include:
- Big Chinchompa portal
- Evil tree portal
- Familiarisation portal
- Fish Flingers portal
- Guthixian Cache portal
- Shooting Star portal
- Sinkhole portal
Note: If the world's current shooting star is in the wilderness, players will be given a warning beforehand.
Raw tropical trout may be deposited here for Fishing experience.
This activity can be done ~108 times before reaching 100% temperature.
Palm trees (m)Edit
Additional Farming experience can be gained by depositing the tropical coconuts in the pile of coconuts east of Sarah, by the coconut shies.
Note: You can even get the XP for depositing coconuts after you max out your thermometer.
500 coconuts can be gathered before reaching 100% temperature.
The rock pools can be found on the east side of the beach, overseen by Wellington. Raw tropical trout can be caught here for Fishing experience. Further Fishing experience can be gained by depositing the raw trout at the table north of Nigel, by the grills.
94 Trout can be fished before reaching 100% temperature.
Sandcastle building (m)Edit
Foreman George runs the sandcastle building, located in the north-western corner of the beach. Building the sandcastles rewards Construction experience. Players can build the corresponding tower to the current NPC guest to earn double experience. The NPC guest will spawn next to Foreman George and will change every few minutes. Players will automatically stop shoveling after 21 scoops of sand.
This activity can be done ~301 times before reaching 100% temperature.
|Lumbridge Sandcastle||Duke Horacio|
|Sand Exchange||Sally the Grand Exchange clerk|
|Wizards' Sandtower||Archmage Sedridor|
- Sand cape
- Baby tortoise – a follower pet
- Bucket & Spade – shield and melee weapon overrides
- Coconut hat
- Sandcastle lootbeam
Tokens may be earned as through skilling, from Clawdia, or purchased with RuneCoins from Flo's Fun Item Shop, Sheldon's Cosmetic Item Shop, or Gill's Pet Shop. Tokens can also be purchased on the Grand Exchange as they are all tradeable. The title [Name], King/Queen of the Sandcastle is unlocked by redeeming all the tokens.
|Reward||Unlocks||Bought from||RuneCoins||G.E price|
|Beach ball token||Beach ball||Flo||10||12,238 coins|
|Bucket head token||Bucket head||Sheldon||20||18,891 coins|
|Bunting whip token||Bunting whip||Sheldon||33||102,318 coins|
|Buried in sand rest emote token||Buried in sand resting animation||Flo||33||118,529 coins|
|Clawdia hat token||Clawdia hat||Sheldon||100||2,489,455 coins|
|Dragon ring token||Dragon ring||Sheldon||33||58,006 coins|
|Gillbert pet token||Gillbert||Gill||50||1,362,551 coins|
|Phoebe pet token||Phoebe||Gill||50||1,594,784 coins|
|Snorkel token||Snorkel||Sheldon||20||23,112 coins|
|Surfboard emote token||Surfboard emote||Flo||33||76,884 coins|
|Stick of rock token||Stick of rock sword||Sheldon||33||68,744 coins|
|Throwing disc token||Anti-dragon throwing disc case||Flo||10||7,170 coins|
|Throwing starfish token||Throwing starfish||Sheldon||33||29,882 coins|
The following items can be earned from beach activities or killing Clawdia:
- 5 Barrel of monkeys (Summer Beach Party) - causes monkeys to come out of the barrel
- 50 Water balloons - can be thrown at players, similar to snowballs
- Anti-sun potion - 5% experience boost to any activity done on the beach for the next 24 hours
- Ice cream - used to reset the temperature gauge, up to 3 times a day
- Lemon sour - gives a 2% experience bonus (stackable to 10%) to all support skills (Agility, Dungeoneering, Slayer, and Thieving) for 30 minutes
- Pink fizz - gives a 2% experience boost (stackable to 10%) to all combat skills (Attack, Constitution, Defense, Magic, Prayer, Ranged, Strength, and Summoning) for 30 minutes
- Pineappletini - gives a 2% experience bonus (stackable to 10%) to all gatherer skills (Divination, Farming, Fishing, Hunter, Mining, and Woodcutting) for 30 minutes
- Purple Lumbridge - gives a 2% experience bonus (stackable to 10%) to all artisan skills (Cooking, Construction, Crafting, Firemaking, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting, and Smithing) for 30 minutes
- Challenge gem
Rewards obtained through other means are:
- Swimming outfit - 50 maxed thermometers
- Deckchair Resting animation - sit in each colour deck chair (red, blue, and green) 10 times
These titles are not purchasable, instead earned from doing certain things.
- [Name] the Quackers - Find 10 hidden little toy ducks
- [Name] the Totally Quackers - Find 10 hidden little toy ducks and own the mega ducklings or Mod Dolan's rubber duck
- [Name] the Beachbum - Successfully hit 5 coconuts in a row in the coconut shy game
- [[Lifeguard|Lifeguard [Name]]] - Kill Clawdia 50 times
- [Name] the Bronzed - Reach maximum temperature 10 times
- [Name] the Sunburned - Reach maximum temperature 25 times
- [Name] the Chilled - Eat 10 ice creams
- Beachcomber [Name] - Participate in all of the activities
- [Name], King/Queen of the Sandcastle - Unlock all of the beach tokens
Right-clicking lifeguards can be used to see the amount of ice creams eaten, Clawdias killed and thermometers filled.
- Clicking on home teleport while resting on a deck chair will cause the following message to appear: "It's hard to teleport when you're so relaxed."
- Reyna compliments players who wear a Fish mask while fishing at Rock Pools, however fishing spots don't say anything.
- Strange and golden rocks as well as anagogic ort and mysterious meteorites can spawn doing some of the beach activities after the 13 July 2015 update.
- Summoning familiars are hidden on the beach much like in the Grand Exchange.
|Summer Beach Party||
|Cryptic Clue Fest||
|Christmas Advent Calendar||