|Release date||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|Time||60 min (6x10 min)|
|Payment||1 basket of apples|
|High Alch||10 coins|
|Low Alch||7 coins|
|Store price|| 18 coins|
|Exchange price||434 coins (update)|
|Examine||A strawberry seed - plant in an allotment.|
Strawberry seeds are used in the Farming skill to grow strawberries. They were released along with the farming skill at 11 July 2005 (update). They can be sown in an allotment patch. Planting strawberry seeds gives 26 experience and requires 3 strawberry seeds to be planted/dipped into an Allotment patch using the seed dibber.
A nearby gardener will watch over your growing strawberries at the cost of 1 basket of apples.
Strawberry seeds are dropped by Ogres, Ice warrior, Moss Giants and other monsters; zygomites have the best drop rate. Head Farmer Jones has a stock of 10 in Burthorpe. They may also be obtained by pickpocketing Master farmers, stealing them from Olivia's seed stall in Draynor village, or foraged by a fruit bat familiar. They can be obtained from the high gamble from Barbarian Assault minigame.
They can also be obtained for 165 Vinesweeper points.
- Strawberry plants in-game seem to have only one leaf per stalk, despite having three leaves on each stalk in real life.
- The value of one Strawberry seed in Mobilising Armies is 4 Investment Credits.
- Strawberries can only be protected by a "White lily" flower.
- Strawberries are counted as vegetables in RuneScape however they are fruit in real life.
- Vegetable run
- Farming training
- Farming/Patch locations
- Seed gathering
- Grand Exchange Market Watch/Farming