|Release||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can read this book at any time by visiting the Dungeoneering Tutor.|
|On death||Always a safe death|
|Examine||A token that doesn't seem to belong inside Daemonheim[sic]|
The strange token is a random drop from any monsters roaming any of the warped floors of Daemonheim. It is the twentieth Miscellaneous journal and looks exactly the same as the tokens earned in the Fist of Guthix minigame. Why this item is found so deep in Daemonheim is a mystery. It is regarded as the rarest journal drop. Its drop rate is estimated between 1/10,000 and 1/50,000. Complexity does not influence the drop rate. Because of its very rare drop rate, Jagex excluded it as a requirement for the Master quest cape.
You can show the token to the smuggler (use on him). He keeps it and it shows up in your journal.
What is this doing here? It doesn't look like it belongs in Daemonheim.
- Player: Can you tell me what this is used for?
- Smuggler: Uh... I've never seen anything like that... Let me see it. ... It's uh... It's not mine if that's what you're asking.
- Player: Hmmm, okay. If you say so.
- The strange token is identical to a fist of guthix token.
- Previously, attempting to trade the token would get the player kicked out of the dungeon along with the message: "To save your items from Daemonheim's taint, you are removed from the party." This was changed on 15 January 2018.