|Release||2 February 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||1,023 coins (info)|
|Examine||Found on strange plants that grow around Karamja.|
The strange fruit is an item that can be eaten to recover 60% run energy and cures poison if the player is poisoned. It is useful in the last stage of Desert Treasure to replace antipoison potions when running in the pyramid and also in Monkey Madness when running to Zooknock (to obtain a monkey greegree).
The strange fruit can only be obtained in three ways:
- By picking it from strange plants found in Brimhaven.
- By collecting it from a stranger plant familiar, which forages these fruits. However, on average, only two to three fruits are gained from one.
- A drop from Chaos Elemental.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- The strange fruit was originally a reward from a Random Event removed by the Random Event update on 25 February 2009.
- Before the Random Event update, the examine text was "I wonder what this tastes like?".
- When eaten, the text reads: "It tastes great; some of your run energy is restored!"
- Strange fruit is analogous to the real-life fig.