|Release||2 February 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||544 coins (info)|
|Found on strange plants that grow around Karamja.|
The Strange fruit is an item that is obtainable from the Strange plant. It can be eaten to recover 60% run energy and cures poison if the player's character is poisoned. It is useful in the last stage of Desert Treasure to replace antipoison potions when running in the pyramid and also in Monkey Madness when running to Zooknock (to obtain a monkey greegree).
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
The strange fruit can only be obtained in three ways:
- By picking it from strange plants found in Brimhaven.
- By collecting it from a stranger plant familiar, which forages these fruits. However, on average, only two to three fruits are gained from one.
- A drop from Chaos Elemental.
A side effect of removing the random event (strange plant) that produced this fruit is causing it to be much less common. Soon after the update, prices soared from just a few hundred coins to approximately ten thousand coins, which was around the same price they were when they were only obtainable from the random event. Since then, they have dropped in price.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- Before the Random Event update, the examine text was "I wonder what this tastes like?".
- When eaten, the text reads: "It tastes great; some of your run energy is restored!"
- Strange fruit is analogous to the real-life fig.