Storm of Armadyl is a combat spell in the standard spellbook released with the Grandmaster quest Ritual of the Mahjarrat. Casting it requires completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat, as well as 77 Magic. One Armadyl rune is required for each cast.
Note: Despite being a God spell, the Storm of Armadyl will not be affected by casting the Charge spell. This is because the Charge spell will only increase the 'Arena spells', which are Flames of Zamorak, Claws of Guthix, and Saradomin Strike.
Storm of Armadyl's maximum hit is dependent on the caster's Magic level. Without any magic damage bonuses, at 77 Magic, the maximum hit is 160 damage. This value rises by 5 damage for every Magic level thereafter, up to a maximum of 270 damage at level 99 Magic. However, Storm of Armadyl also has a minimum damage value; each time Storm of Armadyl hits the target, it will deal at least that much damage. It could still miss. This value is 0 damage at 77 Magic, and rises by 5 points for every Magic level thereafter, up to a minimum damage value of 110 damage at level 99 Magic. The maximum and minimum hit increase with Magic Damage bonuses.
The following table illustrates the minimum and maximum damage values for each Magic level between 77 and 99:
|Magic level||Maximum hit||Minimum hit||Magic level||Maximum hit||Minimum hit|
In addition to its variable damage, Storm of Armadyl lowers the target's Defence by 1 level per cast if the spell successfully hits. The only other combat spell which reduces Defence whilst causing damage is Claws of Guthix.
Furthermore, when the spell is used with an Armadyl battlestaff equipped, the casting rate is raised from speed 5 (one cast every 3 seconds, or longsword speed) to speed 6 (one cast every 2.4 seconds, or scimitar speed).
- Upon the release of this quest, there was a glitch where players could use this spell to attack anyone, anywhere. The target would have a gravestone outside of the Wilderness, and inside the Wilderness, multiple players could attack one player outside of multicombat areas. This was fixed a few hours later.
- Storm of Armadyl, Wind Rush, Borrowed Power, Create Gatestone and Group Gatestone Teleport are the only five spells in the game that require one type of rune, although Wind rush uses 2 Air runes, Storm of Armadyl uses 1 Armadyl rune and borrowed power uses 3 astral runes. Create Gatestone uses three cosmic runes and Group Gatestone Teleport uses three law runes, but are only available in Daemonheim.
- Despite its name, Storm of Armadyl is not a traditional God spell, and is unaffected by Charge due to that Charge only works for Mage Arena Spells. Moreover, there is no specific Armadyl cape for Charge to work.
- Whilst wearing maximum mage gear and using a Wolpertinger special scroll with the staff equipped it is possible to hit over 475 in player versus player situations.
- Despite not being highlighted, Storm of Armadyl can still be used as long as the player has Catalytic Runes available while in the Fist of Guthix or Stealing Creation games. This is because Catalytic Runes function as any rune besides the 4 elemental runes, so they function to cast Storm of Armadyl. The spell likely were not highlighted due to the fact that Storm of Armadyl was released after the minigames were released. This has been fixed in the latest updates.
Divine Storm • Storm of Armadyl