|Special moves||Stony Shell|
|Examine text||Is it a stone? Is it a crab? No! It's Granite Crab!|
The Granite crab has multiple uses:
- Combat: it has a combat level of 26 and provides defence experience when it deals damage. In addition, its scroll Stony Shell provides a +4 boost to a player's Defence when activated.
- Fishing: it increases the player's fishing level by 1. However, this boost is invisible. This boost cannot be used to catch fish that are 1 level above the player's original fishing level.
- Forager: While the player is fishing, this familiar can produce cod, pike, seaweed, and oysters. It can hold up to 30 of its foraged items in its own inventory. 5.5 Fishing xp is granted for each fish (cod or pike) produced by the crab.
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||359|
|5 ( 125)||26|
|I can summon a granite crab familiar with this.|
A Granite crab pouch is made by using a Summoning pouch on a Summoning obelisk with 7 spirit shards, a gold charm, an empty pouch and an iron ore in the inventory. Making the pouch earns 21.6 experience points. Using the pouch to summon a Granite crab gains 0.2 experience points, and costs 2 Summoning points. If players exchange their Granite Crab pouches with Bogrog, they will receive 5 spirit shards per pouch.
Stony shell scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|23 coins||35 coins||12 coins (info)|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||1/3 ( 8)||26|
|A scroll for a granite crab familiar.|
A Stony shell scroll enables the use of the stony shell special move for a Granite crab. Using the pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates 10 scrolls and provides 0.2 experience.
Stony shell is the special move for Granite crabs, which temporarily boosts the player's defence level by +4. Activating this move will cost the player 12 special move points and provide 0.2 experience.
- The examine text "Is it a stone? Is it a crab? No! It's Granite Crab!" is a reference to a common phrase from Superman: "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Superman!".
- One of the things the Granite crab says is "Free fish please.", a reference to poor or low-levelled players asking for free food or money, commonly known as begging.
- Even if you feed it Rocktails, which are supposedly made of stone, it will refuse to consume it.