The steel pickaxe is a pickaxe stronger than the iron pickaxe, and may be used in combat or in Mining to mine rocks. The pickaxe requires 20 Attack to wield, and 6 Mining to otherwise use. Players can make a steel pickaxe with the Smithing skill at level 35 by using 2 steel bars on an anvil after the completion of the quest Perils of Ice Mountain. Doing so will grant the player 75 Smithing experience. Players can purchase this pickaxe from Nurmof's Pickaxe Shop in the Dwarven Mine and at the Grand Exchange. A steel pickaxe can sometimes be found inside barrels.
The steel pickaxe can be gilded by the Liquid Gold Nymph after receiving the full golden mining suit, creating the gilded steel pickaxe. It is cosmetic and gives no more bonuses than the regular pickaxe.
As of 17 June 2013, this pickaxe can be stored on a toolbelt.
Dropping monsters Edit
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- The steel pickaxes wielded by dwarves have not received the pickaxe graphical update.
- The Mining instructor on Tutorial Island appeared to be wielding a steel pickaxe.