|Release date||17 May 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||31 coins|
|Low alch||20 coins|
|Store price|| 52 coins|
|Exchange price||20 coins (info)|
|Examine||Keeps things in place fairly permanently. Used in Construction (1).|
Steel nails, along with other nails, are primarily used in the Construction skill to make furniture and can also be used in the Fletching skill to make brutal arrows. They can be smithed on an anvil with 34 Smithing and one steel bar; players will receive 15 nails and 37.5 Smithing experience for doing so.
Steel nails are tradeable and quite cheap, although they do break occasionally. They may be purchased from the Sawmill operator in either Prifddinas or the Lumber Yard, obtained as loot from a young impling (in quantities of 5), and are a rare product generated by ava's accumulator. They may be obtained during the quest In Aid of the Myreque. There are also 4 spawns in the west ruins spot in level 23 Wilderness, around the anvil.
Besides just construction, steel nails are also necessary to complete a few quests.
- 10 steel nails are used in the Cold War quest.
- 60 steel nails are used in the Horror From the Deep quest.
- 75 steel nails are used in the In Search of the Myreque quest.
- 90 steel nails are used in the Dragon Slayer quest.
- Unlike most nails, steel nails make a metallic sound when dropped, opposed to a "thump."
- Before the update that introduced other metallic nails, steel nails were just known as nails and were made in lesser quantities per bar. The required amount for quests was also lower than current values due to this.