|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||27 coins|
|Low Alch||18 coins|
|Store price|| 46 coins|
|Exchange price||12 coins (info)|
|Examine||Arrows with steel heads.|
Steel arrows are arrows that are stronger than iron arrows and are usable on any bow made of willow or better. They may be created through the Fletching skill by using 15 steel arrow tips on 15 headless arrows, granting 75 Fletching experience. Doing so requires at least level 30 in the Fletching skill.
Steel arrows are not generally used in player killing, but they are common to train with. They are the most used arrow in the class due to their relative cheapness and strength.
The Telekinetic Grab spell (requires level 33 Magic) would most likely not be cost-effective when using steel arrows; only if leaving stacks of 20 or more arrows at inaccessible locations would it justify the law rune required.
Note: Ava's accumulator will pick up your steel arrows if you are not wearing metal armour. It may also generate steel arrows in your inventory or your quiver if it is full.
400 steel arrows is a possible prize from the Squeal of Fortune. They could be converted to 10800 coins, which is 6,000 more than selling them on the Grand Exchange.
|[view] • [talk]|
How to make this itemEdit
- Obtain some iron ore and coal either by buying it on the grand exchange or by mining it from an iron rock and coal rock. Use these to make steel bars in a furnace.
- Obtain some type of wood either by cutting them yourself from a tree or by buying them from the grand exchange.
- Obtain a knife.
- Obtain some kind of feathers.
- Use the knife on the wood and choose to make it into Arrow shafts.
- Use the feathers on the arrow shafts and choose to make them into Headless arrows.
- Obtain a hammer either by buying it from the grand exchange or by some other method.
- Locate an anvil somewhere in RuneScape.
- Use the steel bars on the anvil and choose to make it into Steel arrowtips.
- Use the arrowheads on the headless arrows and make them into steel arrows.
This item can also be bought or sold from:
- Lowe's Archery Emporium in central Varrock
- Ava in Draynor Manor
- Lletya Archery Shop in Lletya
- Brian's Archery Supplies in Rimmington
Arrows and other ammunition
(m) stands for members only.