|Release date||19 August 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||I will lose all the rocks in the bag if I destroy it. I can get another bag from Barnabus Hurma at the Varrock Museum.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A large bag for collecting statue pieces.|
A Statue collection bag is used to collect strange rocks, instead of keeping individual stones, thus saving Bank space. It is received from Marius Giste or Barnabus Hurma at the Varrock Museum. It is offered when one uses the "I found a rock while I was training," "Tell me again where the statue comes from," or "Twin? Where do I get its twin?" options.
When a strange rock is collected with the statue collection bag in the player's inventory, the player receives the message "You find a strange rock and add it to your bag." and the rock is deposited directly into the bag. This prevents items in a player's inventory from "transforming" into strange rocks.
When a rock is added, its image will be surrounded by a white border.
When opening the bag ('Look in' option), placing the cursor over the rock image identifies which skill it was obtained in the Take or Examine text at the upper left corner of the game window, e.g. 'Take Agility Piece' for the first upper left piece if piece present or 'Examine Agility Piece' if empty.
The statue collection bag is commonly used by efficient players to fill their bank whenever it is needed. This allows the players to use the 'Deposit all' feature to deposit specific items, while still keeping items that they need in their inventory. Some examples where this is useful include:
- Ourania Altar Runecrafting - Take out ALL of one type of rune (for banking at Eniola), as well as your runecrafting pouches, then fill your bank with strange stones. You can then use the deposit all feature to instantly deposit every type of rune created, except for the runes that you will use to bank (and your runecrafting pouches).
- Superheating - Take ALL of your nature runes out, as well as a coal bag if you have one, then fill your bank with strange stones. You can then use the deposit all feature to only deposit the bars.
- Crafting dragonhide armour - Withdraw ALL your thread (and needles if not on toolbelt), then fill your bank. The deposit all feature will then only deposit your produce, while keeping the needles and thread in your inventory.
- In general, this technique can be used for all activities where you need to keep a few items in your inventory, but will produce items that you want to deposit. It is particularly useful when the items that you create are not all the same type (as with the Ourania Runecrafting). It can be useful to avoid depositing part filled urns.
- Although each strange rock weighs 1.0 kg, the bag always weighs 10.0 kg, no matter how many rocks are in it.
- It used to be possible to add strange rocks directly from the player's bank into the bag. This was fixed in a hidden update.